Five things that need to be changed Immediately

Jett-Rinn

Okay without being insulting to the devs List Five things you would like to see in the next year to make the game better, try to stay with broken things that need addressing or quality-of-life things that will make it better for everyone, Leave out complaints about the Cartel shop because that isn't going anywhere. Think about what would make you say...

"*Gosh darn it Jett the game is Better off now" (or some variation of that...lets not split hairs)

Bonus Question: How would you feel about a year of no content in Lieu of Improvements/Bug Fixes?

....Annnnnnnnd Go!

I don't really have 5 things, so I'm just throwing in the 5th on behalf of those without alts.

1. Reduce Taxes/Fees for all travel, trade, and GTN. This isn't a country. The game doesn't need these. My tax dollars are going to waste, as some might say.
  2. Reset second class and/or add a 3rd class option.
  3. Increase CQP for all PVE activity. How about letting me go above and beyond 150%? Say 300%?
  4. Fix group queues. Merge group queues if not servers. Make people want to queue. There's so much that could be done here. Increase rewards, pay infinitely repeatable bonus CQP (ties into #3)
  5. End Operations lockouts.
24 minutes ago, Jett-Rinn said:

Bonus Question: How would you feel about a year of no content in Lieu of Improvements/Bug Fixes?

Shut up and take my money!

Edited by Traceguy
  • Thanks 1

Here are my 5 things:

1. Make CQP system more balanced, alt friendly, and enable players to earn points doing content they prefer by making Rampage, Activity Finder, Heroic, and Mission Pinnacle/Eternals (including crafting versions) available every week.
  2. Increase the rewards associated with MMFPs to grow amount of players wanting to queue.
  3. Bring back 'retired' items associated with events newer players could not participate in (e.g., Victor's Trailblazer from DvL) and potentially via CM (unlock to a special vendor) to drive more top line revenue.
  4. Add more appearance options in CM - there been very few added since I started playing in Dec '19 and so much more potentials for hair, cosmetics, and skin colors.
  5. Fix all holster disappearance issues.

3 of the 5 suggestions (1, 3, 4) would drive more CM spend by players so these changes have an ROI in driving incremental top line revenue, and you can argue for a modest bump in addressing #5 as I suspect some players are disenchanted with some prior purchases and may think twice about any new holstered blasters.

Here's to the devs getting more feedback and hopefully we see some of these and other suggestions brought into the game we love.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1. Bring back a way to acquire all previous planetary comm and flashpoint gear appearances (I'm looking at you M-305 Rancor-X blaster)

2. Simplify gearing back to 6.0 system/Reduce CQP back to 50k (especially if they don't restore the rep points they nerfed in 7.4.1)

3. Update crafting UI so I don't have to set the grade EVERY time I send out a companion

4. Introduce a proper character restore system like WoW (I'd certainly even pay money for it.)

5. Update character models/Fix existing appearance bugs (Like Kallig's Countenance hiding hoods instead of fitting under them)

Bonus - I'd be more than  happy for a year of no content to improve the game and fix bugs, I would even happily continue my sub if they communicated this intention ahead of time to continue supporting the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Create more end game content, that's what attracts more players. Not the constant treadmill of grinding the same content some of us have been running for years. Most people aleady know this though, it's why the population has continued to decrease over the years, people move on.

Don't need five things, create quality content, it really is that simple. Unfortunately, this game no longer has the overhead to accomplish those goals.

• Thanks 1

Others have said many that I would have said, so I'll do new ones.

My 5:

1. Fix the spawn effect on temporary abilities. It's so small, but it annoys me to no end

2. Allow for opting out of pvp matchmaking with any premade group or at least any group greater than 2

3. Allow for GF CQ points even with restrictions on  fp selection (especially with the GS change so that only a few count for the objective rather than the point system)

4. Do a legacy perk that removes the new QT fees.

5. If you want a credit sink, allow the purchasing of cq requisition tokens for credits. Even make it mission based like the 5.x unassembled components for masterwork crystal exchange so it can be capped per character per week.

Edited by tsteenburg

Let's see 5 Things.....

1. Fix the totally broken Crafting System

2.Bring back the old Conquest Points

3.Makes it possible to skip the content between Ossus and at least Rhunuk

4.Removes all taxes and travel expenses. It is unfair to the new server. And introduce an absolute credit cap. When every player eventually has 50 or 100 billion

in their account, there will be no more inflation.

5.Returns all Weekly OP Missions. I want to decide which operation I want to play this week and also get the corresponding rewards for it.

There are more Things, but these are my 5.

Edited by bayernbeleafer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bayernbeleafer said:

3.Makes it possible to skip the content between Ossus and at least Rhunuk

This is so needed. Especially since new daily area missions are locked out until you complete the story on the planet

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

I don't really have 5 things, so I'm just throwing in the 5th on behalf of those without alts.

1. Reduce Taxes/Fees for all travel, trade, and GTN. This isn't a country. The game doesn't need these. My tax dollars are going to waste, as some might say.
  2. Reset second class and/or add a 3rd class option.
  3. Increase CQP for all PVE activity. How about letting me go above and beyond 150%? Say 300%?
  4. Fix group queues. Merge group queues if not servers. Make people want to queue. There's so much that could be done here. Increase rewards, pay infinitely repeatable bonus CQP (ties into #3)
  5. End Operations lockouts.

Shut up and take my money!

Absolutely not for number 5. Without the ability to have Operation Lockouts people would not be able to do Progression raiding. Once they left the instance if they went back even 5 minutes later they'd have to start all over again.

15 minutes ago, Toraak said:

Absolutely not for number 5. Without the ability to have Operation Lockouts people would not be able to do Progression raiding. Once they left the instance if they went back even 5 minutes later they'd have to start all over again.

Maybe there's a miscommunication here as I don't understand. Currently once you kill at least 1 boss in the op, you are no longer able to join the same op again until either daily/weekly reset.

A flashpoint for example has no lockout. You can leave and join the same flashpoint infinite times per day, and it doesn't matter if you join at the start, or join at the final boss.

I would ask that operations for the same. If someone left your Progression instance, and jumped back in 5 minutes later, they wouldn't be in a new instance. They'd be in the same instance with the rest of the group.

Edited by Traceguy

So I got asked what was my five things...keep in mind I've been around since beta one, so my wants may not align with the current player.

1. Balancing the CQP system, or just bring back the original system
  2. Overhaul the economy in regards to Taxes...it's just useless and only makes people angry.
  3. Make Housing more intuitive...what you can buy, and what you can expand on is convoluted for new players
  4. Fix the maps, especially all the bugs in and around Tatooine...I'm still falling through the world
  5. Give us back all weekly OP missions...honestly guys why was this taken away?

As for the bonus question, I just think it's an imperative...show us your dedication to making the nuts and bolts better before you add new content.

This is just basic stuff...I have thoughts on the space game, graphics, dynamism (or lack thereof ), and story direction...but these to me are things that really have to happen before the game moves forward.

• Like 1

I love this thread, thank you @Jett-Rinnfor starting it!

1. Return rep cq to its previous amount. There is no reason for us to buy or open Strongholds if our SH bonus means next to nothing.

2. Stop charging for Quick Travel, revert the increased repair cost that is detrimental to crafters just starting out (they can't afford to level their crafting skills because every damn thing else costs so much now).

3. Fix crap that has been broken forever before even thinking about nerfing ANYTHING. I am so sick of redoing Chapters and my comp is in his or her underwear, so tired of watching Shea light her scary arm rocket in Blood Hunt . . . only to have zero visual, nothing happens. I am so over dealing with having to exit to my SH (or the game altogether) because something that has been broken forever is still broken (that deadly gas thing, trying to hit glowies, and etc.).

4. Restore our missing powers. One thing that I used a LOT as a solo PVEer was the knock-back function of Penetrating Rounds, but poof! It's gone. Along with the SW ability to rebuild rage with any, including the assigned Seethe, out of combat rebuild. And many other nerfs and meddlilng that have gimped our toons for no reason at all. Often requiring pricey changes to our build because our tactical suddenly doesn't work as it dd when we bought it (so we have to buy another one that actually has some effect).

5. Do something positive (for us, your paying customers) for crafting.  Right now there is little reason to craft at all except to create gold augs, biochem stuff, and bombs.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RushNFour said:

1. Bring back a way to acquire all previous planetary comm and flashpoint gear appearances (I'm looking at you M-305 Rancor-X blaster)

Yes!

This right here... I will donate one of my answers just to have this...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

Maybe there's a miscommunication here as I don't understand. Currently once you kill at least 1 boss in the op, you are no longer able to join the same op again until either daily/weekly reset.

A flashpoint for example has no lockout. You can leave and join the same flashpoint infinite times per day, and it doesn't matter if you join at the start, or join at the final boss.

I would ask that operations for the same. If someone left your Progression instance, and jumped back in 5 minutes later, they wouldn't be in a new instance. They'd be in the same instance with the rest of the group.

What the weekly lockout does for Progression groups is allow the same group to go back in later on during the week starting with where they left off. If they had killed the 1st 2 bosses in an Operation, they would still be dead for those with that lockout. If you remove Operation lockouts completely, then as soon as everyone leaves an instance, the whole instance would be reset back to the beginning, so you would start from scratch. Making Progression raiding completely useless. The lockout is what allows the person that has killed x Boss to be able to go back in later and start from that point forward.

If you only kill 1 boss you can join an operation later in the week, It's just most groups on fleet want to start from scratch (or want the weekly quest, which does force you to kill every boss).

Edited by Toraak
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jett-Rinn said:

Overhaul the economy in regards to Taxes...it's just useless and only makes people angry.

Seconded. It is absolutely ridiculous to charge me tens or hundreds of millions of creds for me to give away my own mats, speeders, crystals, whatever. I have a friend who has not played since the last time he logged on during a Raghoul event, and I wanted to help him get Lokin . But no. I couldn't gift him the mats that I PAID FOR when my toons went out to gather them. I was horrified by the amount I would have to pay just to give away my mats. MINE.

I also don't see why I have to pay a "tax" to give a new player a crap speeder I can't even sell on the GTN. Helping new players used to be fun and make me feel like part of a community, but when I have to pay ten times what the speeder or crystal or whatever is even worth (i.e. literally next to NOTHING to me), I am done helping new players. Sad, right? But that's how the real world works, and no, I am not going to pay 5 million creds to give my friend a few mats I got for thousands (and even that would have only got his Lokin to lvl 4!). That makes no sense. At all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TahliahCOH said:

er a crap speeder I can't even sell on the GTN. Helping new players used to be fun and make me feel like part of a community, but when I have to pay ten times what the speeder or crystal or whatever is even worth (i.e. literally next to NOTHING to me), I am done helping new players. Sad, right? But that's how the real world works, and no, I am not going to pay 5 million creds to give my friend a few mats I got for thousands (and even that would have only got his Lokin to lvl 4!). That makes no sense. At all.

That is exactly how most folks realize that the Tax system is brutal and broken...we actually get punished for helping new folks out... 

• Like 4

1) Better story broken up into fewer minuscule fragments. Story should be 20-40 hours every year not 15 minutes here and 15 minute there.

2) Take GS back to where it was in Seasons 2 & 3

3) Get rid of Flashpoints as story

4) Make Planetary Missions replayable once you hit level 50

5) Do a better job filling in what happened during the 5 years you were in carbonite in KotFE (post KotFE areas of the vanilla planets)

• Haha 1

OK. Here is my wish list:

1. Rework all KOTFE/KOTET chapters and the subsequent solo-only flashpoints to allow multiple player participation AND progression – same way as the first three chapters and the first set of expansions work.
  2. Increase inventory/storage space across the board. Quoting Lord Scourge “I need space”. With all the items added to the game over the years, we’ve been running out of space for a long time. Thanks for collections, but it hasn’t been enough for a while. The lack of space is suffocating.
  3. Rework Loadout system, so loadout gear does not mix with inventory - we need a separate Loadout bay. Ideally, the said bay would be Legacy-shared, so players no longer need to swap legacy-bound gear between characters via Legacy bank.
  4. Stop charging for Quick Travel, revert the increased repair costs, bring back refundable GTN listing fees, and stop charging us for giving things away. BTW, QT fees are also immersion breaking in some cases – for example, why would any sane Bounty Hunter accept a Bounty week’s contract which pays less than the incurred travel fees?
  5. Buff rewards for conquest objectives – most are too grindy at the moment with too little to show for it. If Rampage/Pinnacle/Eternals were always available, then perhaps we wouldn’t be relying on Reputation points so much (we still want them back though).

And few more (in no particular order) since 5 is not enough:

• Once points 3 & 4 are taken care of, add a third Combat Style option.
  • Make Crafting system worth it again – right now, most of it is only good for one’s own use with very few exceptions.
  • Fix “staying in combat while in the dead zone” bug In Warzones – it’s really frustrating.
  • Is it just me, or did something happen to Target Nearest Enemy/Target Next Enemy controls? They just don’t seem to be working as they used to (can’t pin point exactly since when, but relatively recently), and frequently select off-screen enemies forcing to select the intended one manually.
  • To help with space issues, make everything that can be stackable – stackable: dyes, all the things we get as login rewards, etc. And allow us to package full sets of gear into nice one-slot boxes.
  • Add a Cartel Market item (similar to Shroud of Memory) which would allow to replay KOTET Chapter 8 with an ability to save both Torian and Vette. The original choice never made sense (considering the resources/power available to Outlander) – yes, I’m still salty. The alternative can have Outlander either a) direct someone else to assist whoever they’re not helping personally, or b) stop Vaylin’s snap at the last moment (this option may potentially be created without recording any new dialogues with a phrase or two – like Vaylin’s “Why?!?” - taken from somewhere else). The item would also provide an option to replay some of the subsequent missions which are relevant to a saved character (so far, most of those would be Torian oriented).
  • Fix “Planter: Voss Shrub” and “Potted Plant: Green Bush” decorations. They used to be my favorite plants, I have them at every stronghold I decorated, and, ever since the addition of “Interpreter’s retreat”, they’ve looked like a shadow of their former selves. And every time I see them (which is every time I log in), it REALLY bothers me.

OK. It’s past 2am – time to sleep.

Edited by VegaMist
Typos

On 3/21/2024 at 11:40 AM, HypSpec said:

Here are my 5 things:

1. Make CQP system more balanced, alt friendly, and enable players to earn points doing content they prefer by making Rampage, Activity Finder, Heroic, and Mission Pinnacle/Eternals (including crafting versions) available every week.
  2. Increase the rewards associated with MMFPs to grow amount of players wanting to queue.
  3. Bring back 'retired' items associated with events newer players could not participate in (e.g., Victor's Trailblazer from DvL) and potentially via CM (unlock to a special vendor) to drive more top line revenue.
  4. Add more appearance options in CM - there been very few added since I started playing in Dec '19 and so much more potentials for hair, cosmetics, and skin colors.
  5. Fix all holster disappearance issues.

3 of the 5 suggestions (1, 3, 4) would drive more CM spend by players so these changes have an ROI in driving incremental top line revenue, and you can argue for a modest bump in addressing #5 as I suspect some players are disenchanted with some prior purchases and may think twice about any new holstered blasters.

Here's to the devs getting more feedback and hopefully we see some of these and other suggestions brought into the game we love.

RE: #3 the Ornate Kubaz Box comes to mind.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VegaMist said:

Rework all KOTFE/KOTET chapters and the subsequent solo-only flashpoints to allow multiple player participation AND progression – same way as the first three chapters and the first set of expansions work

How would that even work, given the solid non-zero chance that the other participants made previous choices that are incompatible with the instance owner's choices that determine what's even *in* the chapter?  Example: if you give K the finger after an anarchist blows up some buildings in one chapter, in another, K goes forth and multiplies(1), taking something of yours with him, and later comes back.  In the return chapter, you can do one of several things:

• If you didn't give him the finger or prevented the anarchist from blowing up the buildings, he does not go forth and multiply.
  • If you did, but you offer him the opportunity to return, he politely declines, citing a loss of trust caused by the manner in which he departed.
  • If you did, but you don't offer him that opportunity, he dies by your hand.

How would that be resolved if you join me as I play the later chapter, but in my play-through of the earlier chapter, the buildings were blown up, and in yours, they were not?

(1) Coded language for a very much shorter phrase that would be severely censored on these forums.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

How would that even work, given the solid non-zero chance that the other participants made previous choices that are incompatible with the instance owner's choices that determine what's even *in* the chapter?  Example: if you give K the finger after an anarchist blows up some buildings in one chapter, in another, K goes forth and multiplies(1), taking something of yours with him, and later comes back.  In the return chapter, you can do one of several things:

• If you didn't give him the finger or prevented the anarchist from blowing up the buildings, he does not go forth and multiply.
  • If you did, but you offer him the opportunity to return, he politely declines, citing a loss of trust caused by the manner in which he departed.
  • If you did, but you don't offer him that opportunity, he dies by your hand.

How would that be resolved if you join me as I play the later chapter, but in my play-through of the earlier chapter, the buildings were blown up, and in yours, they were not?

(1) Coded language for a very much shorter phrase that would be severely censored on these forums.

How did it work in chapters 1,2, and 3? How did it work in several expansions pre-KOTFE/KOTET? Different people come to SWTOR for different reasons. I originally joined because me and my boyfriend could play through the chapters together. When they changed the approach with the release of KOTFE/KOTET, it was a MAJOR disappointment - made us leave the game for a couple of years. So, may not matter to you, but is a huge issue for me, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Edited by VegaMist

On 3/21/2024 at 7:57 AM, Jett-Rinn said:

List Five things you would like to see in the next year to make the game better, try to stay with broken things that need addressing or quality-of-life things that will make it better for everyone... 

....Annnnnnnnd Go!

Here are Mine:

1. Return Dark vs. Light World Bosses: even if both spawn on planet, this enable earning the achievement (again) for 2 Dark & 2 Light Banner's of 50ea. 
  2. I'd certainly appreciate more Cartel Companion Customizations, as they can be unlocked for all Character's... 
  3.  Add a 8th & 9th Legacy Bank & Cargo Bay Tab, can easily fit just reducing space between both as shown below; and be welcome by most!
  4. Could add Loadout Tab, for only swapped out Gear by also reducing space: Inventory, Loadouts, Missions, & Currency.
  5. Improving several old textures from gearmain hand, offhand, character models, and more updated character customizations.

I like that @VegaMist had the similar idea on points 3 & 4, though I created the graphic (below) March 11th:
Can we please get more storage space in Legacy and personal banks. - Suggestion Box - SWTOR | Forums

Yet then it was to show how they could expand Legacy & Cargo hold...  ...so today I expanded it to also include the larger UI having 4 tab's to make room for Loadouts Gear.

image.png.a8881385890aa5a4fc2ee08726fe84ab.png

I think those would be wonderful...  ...I also always wished I had this for C2-N2 as well, plus others for several.

image.png.b35dd8be1769b2d42b98235fa8c005b8.png

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar & Image

8 hours ago, VegaMist said:

How did it work in chapters 1,2, and 3? How did it work in several expansions pre-KOTFE/KOTET?

Class story mission instances were class-locked "Personal" instances (of which there are many in Shadow of Revan[EDIT](3)[/EDIT]), and they operate the same way as the KotFE/ET instances(1).  That is, the instance owner (first to go in) character's story progresses, and the other participants' stories do not because they are just spectators.

(1) Well, almost the same way.  Before KotFE, there were few if any(2) instanced areas where you go there via a "PLAY" or "LAUNCH" button rather than walking through a phase wall, but that doesn't change the basic "one story participant and one or more spectators" thing.

(2) I think the correct quantity is "none at all", but I'm not 100% certain.

[EDIT]
(3) Here, I mean "many not-class-locked" rather than "many class-locked".

[/EDIT}

Edited by SteveTheCynic

6 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Class story mission instances were class-locked "Personal" instances (of which there are many in Shadow of Revan[EDIT](3)[/EDIT]), and they operate the same way as the KotFE/ET instances(1).  That is, the instance owner (first to go in) character's story progresses, and the other participants' stories do not because they are just spectators.

(1) Well, almost the same way.  Before KotFE, there were few if any(2) instanced areas where you go there via a "PLAY" or "LAUNCH" button rather than walking through a phase wall, but that doesn't change the basic "one story participant and one or more spectators" thing.

(2) I think the correct quantity is "none at all", but I'm not 100% certain.

[EDIT]
(3) Here, I mean "many not-class-locked" rather than "many class-locked".

[/EDIT}

You can play with a friend with both of you receiving progression from chapter one to KOTET. The first three chapters are the most fluid, especially if you're different classes of the same type (two force users or two tech). After that, you mostly get individual cut-scenes, which is still fine. And then KOTET/KOTFE hits and the whole thing is a one giant instance. So, if you try to play with a friend, you have to either run in parallel (way less fun), or one has to be summoned into the other's instance and get kicked out every time chapter ends. To deal with it, I progress my toons on my own and then join my boyfriend's toons on their progression (since I have more time than he does due to our work schedules). And then we get to Solo-only flashpoints which are the worst since NO-ONE is allowed to join you in there - progression or not. As a result, we have ton of toons right before KOTET. We don't want to skip ahead since that means automatic choices and missing romances. Instead it's a VERY slow progression of one pair at a time, since, most of the time, we do other things (like PVP) and story seats on a back-burner. We do have some that made it all the way through, so finding out that the story is about is no longer a driver.

Edited by VegaMist