Five things that need to be changed Immediately

Jett-Rinn

5 hours ago, VegaMist said:

You can play with a friend with both of you receiving progression from chapter one to KOTET.

Hmm.  Well, then it has changed.  It certainly used to be the case that unless (both of) you checked the option in preferences to allow multiple characters of the same origin in the same origin-specific instance, you couldn't even go in there together if you were playing the same origin.  (And if you aren't of the instance owner's origin for an origin-specific instance, you ***obviously*** can't progress your story...).

The first three chapters are the most fluid, especially if you're different classes of the same type (two force users or two tech).

Incorrect.  A Trooper and a Smuggler (for example) cannot advance their respective stories in an instance owned by the other player's character.

After that, you mostly get individual cut-scenes, which is still fine. And then KOTET/KOTFE hits and the whole thing is a one giant instance.

Yeah, that's a problem, but perhaps not for the reason you think it is.

So, if you try to play with a friend, you have to either run in parallel (way less fun), or one has to be summoned into the other's instance and get kicked out every time chapter ends. To deal with it, I progress my toons on my own and then join my boyfriend's toons on their progression (since I have more time than he does due to our work schedules).

But all of that is in perfect agreement with what I said.

And then we get to Solo-only flashpoints which are the worst since NO-ONE is allowed to join you in there - progression or not. As a result, we have ton of toons right before KOTET. We don't want to skip ahead since that means automatic choices and missing romances. Instead it's a VERY slow progression of one pair at a time, since, most of the time, we do other things (like PVP) and story seats on a back-burner. We do have some that made it all the way through, so finding out that the story is about is no longer a driver.

Yeah, it's a problem, but certain aspects of the problem you describe have been there since the game launched version 1.0.

56 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Hmm.  Well, then it has changed.  It certainly used to be the case that unless (both of) you checked the option in preferences to allow multiple characters of the same origin in the same origin-specific instance, you couldn't even go in there together if you were playing the same origin.  (And if you aren't of the instance owner's origin for an origin-specific instance, you ***obviously*** can't progress your story...).

It hasn't - we can still play together on lowbies.

57 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Incorrect.  A Trooper and a Smuggler (for example) cannot advance their respective stories in an instance owned by the other player's character.

It's a combo. Most of the missions are in the same area, so joining each other in individual cut-scenes is a bliss (you literally see your friend's toon in the conversations). Cut-scenes are individual progress, but really quick (and fun). Planetary quests are progressed together. Many expansions missions are progressed together (regardless of the class). For some (especially if you are the same class), you do need to create individual instances to accept/return missions, but the missions themselves can be progressed together (unlike KOTFE/KOTET). As I said earlier, it's fluid and seamless and very enjoyable - it feels like a different experience vs doing it solo.

1 hour ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Yeah, that's a problem, but perhaps not for the reason you think it is.

I'm not really interested in the reasoning - it's the result that is unsatisfactory.

But all of that is in perfect agreement with what I said.

Sure, and not as fun as pre-KOTFE/KOTET setup.

Yeah, it's a problem, but certain aspects of the problem you describe have been there since the game launched version 1.0.

Possibly. Doesn't change the fact that everything pre-KOTFE/KOTET works equally well for solo or a small group. Starting with KOTFE/KOTET and beyond, it's very solo oriented. Though, it has improved in the latest expansions if one can make it to them.

• Like 1

Still, ...

Let's get back to the "core" theme, and hopefully they will consider less "gap" space in the Larger UI that's "more efficient" so it includes Loadouts, and then 2 additional Legacy & Cargo Bay tabs as quickly demonstrated here:

Five things that need to be changed Immediately - Suggestion Box - SWTOR | Forums

;) 

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

27 minutes ago, Strathkin said:

Still, ...

Let's get back to the "core" theme, and hopefully they will consider less "gap" space in Larger UI tabs to include Loadouts, and then 2 additional Legacy & Cargo Bay tabs as quickly demonstrated here:

Five things that need to be changed Immediately - Suggestion Box - SWTOR | Forums

;) 

Or switch to use a better interface, giving consistency across the different banks/holds such as here

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/932891-improved-inventory-management/?do=findComment&comment=9803344

1. Better Icons.

2. FIX THE BUGS!

3. More PC customizations, Hair, Makeup, Eye colors, Skin Tones.

4. Put the Voss and Ord Daily Areas in Conquest.

5. Make the Companions more effective in combat.

Class Balance ... Anyone with a working set of eyes can que for PvP and see these issues when you see people stacking multiples of the same spec that kinda tells the tale

Trade/mail tax that was intended to combat inflation yet seems to be targeting preferred status players harder because of the credit cap

GTN Listing Undercutting someone by 1 credit shouldnt make the previous sell bid for that exact same item void

Galactic star fighter with the plethora of issues befalling it

Warzones premade class stacking could use some adjustments Rated matches should be brought back whether its 4v4 or 8v8

Edited by Luciferior

@FrontLineFodder Tbh I dont mind the concept of undercutting people as selling stuff for less in hopes it will sell faster is one thing

Its the idea that If you post something on the gtn in its current state for a specific amount of money then I post the same item as you for 1 credit less your bid is no longer able to sell till mine is ...Then if someone decides to do the same thing to me it just spirals from there

I always under sell stuff but because Id rather it sell then risk having to repost it but I would never undercut someone by a credit or an amount so tiny

When I post low its a sale and who ever gets it first gets it ...If preferred status credit cap limit was 5 mil Id be listing OEMS and RPMs on the gtn for that amount 

Their are plenty of people who want the most credit for their item and if thats the case by all means I wouldnt be surprised if half the time people bought my stuff was to resell it them selves and if that is the case by all means 

I realize my mindset is kinda foolish when I say this but If I go to buy something off the GTN I want and I see a bunch of listings that look like decent prices and one person undercuts them by a single credit I really would rather give that credit to the other bids..

Maybe I am a hypocrite for that notion not sure I post a OEM or RPM on Star forge the usual price for em is around 30mil-32mil and I try to post mine for like 24mil when I was still subbed 

Tbh it just feels likes like the current way the GTN listing works is .... for lack of a better word Predatory You go to sell something for a specific price I have the same item as you I undercut you by 2 credits You come back to the gtn check that someone undercut you ...now you decide to relist your item and undercut me and its a literal vicious cycle lol 

Edited by Luciferior

1. Have more end-game content you can play with a friend.

2. Want more substantial updates in end-game content. I know it's unlikely we'll get something on KOTET/KOTFE but even something as substantial as Makeb is better than getting like 2 hours of story once a year especially since most of the newer content has as little voiced content as possible.

3. Allow us to gain social by doing stuff in groups with friends instead of only through group finder.

4. I know this is relatively minor and most won't care, but I hate that so many of planets are incomplete in my legacy cuz I don't do PVP. Put all PVP achievements in their own category. Let the planets be completed only doing solo activities.

5. Stop giving ugly dyes as rewards for literally anything. One of my precious few legacy cargoes is just filled with ugly dyes I've gotten from various rewards. They are so ugly.