State of SWTOR Patch 7.4.1+ Thoughts?

4 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

They should have just put it on some fleet vendors.

honestly no

the vendor that's just a singular dumping ground for all of the legacy versions of the galactic command sets is bad enough as it is, and that was only one set per class per tier

throwing over two thousand items onto a single vendor is pure insanity

4 minutes ago, recalcitrantIre said:

honestly no

the vendor that's just a singular dumping ground for all of the legacy versions of the galactic command sets is bad enough as it is, and that was only one set per class per tier

put more vendors then

we have like 10 vendors for the idiotic 7.0 gears, why not some flavored vendors for those new cosmetic items?

6 minutes ago, recalcitrantIre said:

honestly no

Vendors is plural not singular. I would split the outfits across multiple vendors. One for trooper, scoundrel, bounty hunter, agent, Jedi & Sith. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

12 hours ago, Luciferior said:

Not to mention im holding onto every single piece of that fitted gear i get so when it finally can be listed on the GTN i can see if its truly of value to someone else or if its vendor trash if i dont like how it looks my sel

I have a strong suspicion you'll be disappointed.

With the rate they're dropping now, those 10 players (arbitrary number,...) truly interested, will have collected most. The rest will be pissed at losing what they could (should...) have gotten instead and wont spend a credit. Also, it's not even vendor trash, it's just trash...

Don't get me wrong, the idea of adding rare,  or previously level-locked drops is in theory good. But the implemetation was so botched, that the longer players have to suffer it, the less they will care for the eventual fix.

Posted (edited)

Let me sum up my thoughts. I am supremely frustrated by the changes made on Tuesday. I understand why Broadsword is making these changes. Many of you have stated in this thread that you're providing feedback here "in hopes that...." Your reward? We got the obligatory "we'll take your feedback under advisement" response. Action speaks louder than words. So it's your move Broadsword. Reverse or compromise on your position regarding these changes or don't. My action was to cancel my sub because I'm not the casual player. I'm embarrassed to admit out loud how much time I spend playing your game and how many toons I conquest on weekly. These changes will have an inordinate effect on me. I suspect though that in the grand scheme of sales goals, you're not catering to my kind. As for you the player base. Do or do not. The choice, as I've stated many times in this thread, is yours.

Edited by Darviset
  • Like 2

@MrufkaZ It is entirely possible you are correct that most of the skins wont be worth anything on the gtn iv seen a few interesting pieces so far so I am curious to see if there are any skins that I may utilize my self as I dont know how many potential skins are out there

I guess im one of those Id rather hold them and wait n see if they are truly of value at all vs just tossing them then finding out potentially a few of them might be decent..

As a preffered status plebian I have that 1 mil credit cap so i have to keep my options open for making spare change till i decide to resub.... Least I roll a body type 4 female twilek  and start dancing on table tops at fleet for tips....

Though broadsword would make my day if this raised this credit cap for preffered status prior subbers to say 5 mil Or allow me to sell stuff like OEMs and RPMs on the gtn and deposit the funds directly into my legacy bank because personally I think the *ESCROW* Credit overflow system is a down right **SCAM** the idea that I would give them cartel coins for a poultry amount of credits...

Now if ESCROW System Raised the credit cap via cartel coins and allowed me to hold more credits I wouldnt mind that as much though it would still have to be a decent amount 5 mil credit cap imo sounds sufficient..

Itd take me a min to be a billionaire making sales of 5 mil at a time but 5 mil at a time would allow me to purchase mk-11 kits some of the cheaper dyes I like and allow me to purchase legacy perks I dont have unlocked on toons I made while I was unsubbed

I hope broadsword reads my message when I mentioned that ESCROW System that crap needs to go get revamped to be relevant to the prices on servers like Star Forge where you can hardly find anything of value for under a mil

I dont even know if i can trade OEMs/RPMs to players for items because of the trade tax now 

Edited by Luciferior

23 hours ago, captainbladejk said:

50k credits says this guy is Eric or one of the other devs on a personal account trying to make it look like someone out their agrees with their foolishness so they can point to it and be like "see these people agree, the rest of you are just wrong". Especially considering the account only joined the forums on Tuesday.

It's not the first account I have seen that is days old and telling people how wrong they are.

Imagine that, only playing for three days yet already grinding conquest and knowing exactly how it should feel to veterans. Not sus at all....

Edited by Thraka
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Thraka said:

It's not the first account I have seen that is days old and telling people how wrong they are.

Imagine that, only playing for three days yet already grinding conquest and knowing exactly how it should feel to veterans. Not sus at all....

Do keep in mind there is a login bug at the moment stopping some people logging in with older accounts. But if they make a new account they can login & play. So that’s a possibility. 

19 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Do keep in mind there is a login bug at the moment stopping some people logging in with older accounts. But if they make a new account they can login & play. So that’s a possibility. 

It could explain new accounts being created, but since the bug only affects loading the character selection screen, and that posting here requires sub (or at least preferred now MAYBE?), the bug may not be the reason for the newly created accounts posting here. 

they need to up the points we get doing these objectives in seasons.  and stop tying the new strongholds to seasons as well. im a casual now and dont have the time to sink hours upon hours into this game anymore for things like that.  i guess unlocking these strongholds where the rooms are tied to getting levels (stupid beyond all belief) is a dream for me.  

this game is no longer for casuals because of seasons