Please put the Galactic Seaons menu back in the Mission Log/Conquest window

Traceguy

When playing through season 3, I could press L on the keyboard, and one of the tabs on the window that would open was for Galactic Seasons. In GS 4, GS 5, and now GS 6, we cannot get to seasons this way. It's been slightly hidden from the player. You have to get to them from the daily log in window, which requires opening that advertisement window from the top left corner.

Edited by Traceguy

No it does not. You bring your mouse up to the top of the screen, in the middle there's the icon of the little humanoid, you hover it and then you have a menu that appear with the Rewards for logging and seasons.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, LittleEwina said:

No it does not.

It does not what? What is "it"?

6 hours ago, LittleEwina said:

You bring your mouse up to the top of the screen, in the middle there's the icon of the little humanoid, you hover it and then you have a menu that appear with the Rewards for logging and seasons.

What you just posted is the entire reason I made this suggestion . In season 3 I could press L on the keyboard, and one of the tabs on the window that would open was for Galactic Seasons. This all went away with season 4

Edited by Traceguy

IIRC, the Galactic Seasons Objectives were originally part of the Conquest tab in the Log window.

The thing is, only characters of Level 10 or higher can access the Conquest tab, while characters of any level can do Galactic Seasons Objectives.

This meant that characters of Levels 1-9 couldn't see the Galactic Seasons Objectives even though they COULD perform them. This didn't really make a lot of sense, and I'm guessing that's why they moved the GS objectives to a place on the screen where anybody could access them.

Now, logically, would it make more sense to group the Galactic Seasons Objectives in with the Conquest Objectives or group them in with the Galactic Seasons Rewards Tracks? Honestly, I could go either way on this. The GS Objectives do have a logical connection with both of those parts of the UI.

42 minutes ago, ShadowyKai said:

IIRC, the Galactic Seasons Objectives were originally part of the Conquest tab in the Log window.

The thing is, only characters of Level 10 or higher can access the Conquest tab, while characters of any level can do Galactic Seasons Objectives.

This meant that characters of Levels 1-9 couldn't see the Galactic Seasons Objectives even though they COULD perform them. This didn't really make a lot of sense, and I'm guessing that's why they moved the GS objectives to a place on the screen where anybody could access them.

Now, logically, would it make more sense to group the Galactic Seasons Objectives in with the Conquest Objectives or group them in with the Galactic Seasons Rewards Tracks? Honestly, I could go either way on this. The GS Objectives do have a logical connection with both of those parts of the UI.

They were a separate tab, so I would imagine players of any level should have been able to access it regardless whether they could see Conquest tab or not.

Well, it was a while ago, so maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

Here's the thing :

The Conquest Objectives and Galactic Seasons Objectives were on two separate tabs inside the Conquest tab in the Log.

I seem to recall trying to check the week's Galactic Seasons Objectives while I was on a newly created character on Ord Mantell, and being unable to do so. The entire Conquest tab was totally blocked out to me because my character wasn't Level 10 yet.

The reason I remember it is because I was VERY surprised when I killed some enemies in Drelliad Village and wound up completing the "Still Got It" objective. I had assumed that since i couldn't even look up the objectives on this character, that I wouldn't be able to do them, either.

ETA : I'm pretty sure that was during Galactic Season 2. I remember summoning Fen Zeil on that character at some point later on, and I only ever did that during Galactic Season 2.

Edited by ShadowyKai

The Season 3 window helps me more. With someone with executive function disorder/ ADD issues, it's easier if I have the option of like a one click tab toggle between objectives so I can compare and to help me prioritize GS > Conquest-Only.

Otherwise I end up having to forget where it is or what I'm doing on Conquest in favor of GS during the week, and sometimes end up missing out on trying to combine my goals into a handful of hours of playing. Since, when I can easily compare my mission log to GS & Conquest objectives, I can combine what I'm doing with my guild (in terms of raiding / WZs), what I want to do with story, and what I want to do with events when it's just tabbing in the same window.

This way I can avoid making an external spreadsheet - which I've had to do, to keep plugging away at specific goals.

There's just SO MUCH the game has to offer, that I haven't completed that having to look for it in several different windows makes it harder to get it all done without getting burned out.

ps. If I could fix my executive dysfunction it would have been fixed years ago - I've spend nearly two decades working on it, and it's incredibly disruptive to my whole life. So like, this is just a simple thing that helps me a ton -- moving the objectives back to the mission window so I can compare all missions for an event in one spot via tabs.

It's extremely helpful.

Edited by cacophonycat

1 hour ago, cacophonycat said:

The Season 3 window helps me more. With someone with executive function disorder/ ADD issues, it's easier if I have the option of like a one click tab toggle between objectives so I can compare and to help me prioritize GS > Conquest-Only.

Otherwise I end up having to forget where it is or what I'm doing on Conquest in favor of GS during the week, and sometimes end up missing out on trying to combine my goals into a handful of hours of playing. Since, when I can easily compare my mission log to GS & Conquest objectives, I can combine what I'm doing with my guild (in terms of raiding / WZs), what I want to do with story, and what I want to do with events when it's just tabbing in the same window.

This way I can avoid making an external spreadsheet - which I've had to do, to keep plugging away at specific goals.

There's just SO MUCH the game has to offer, that I haven't completed that having to look for it in several different windows makes it harder to get it all done without getting burned out.

ps. If I could fix my executive dysfunction it would have been fixed years ago - I've spend nearly two decades working on it, and it's incredibly disruptive to my whole life. So like, this is just a simple thing that helps me a ton -- moving the objectives back to the mission window so I can compare all missions for an event in one spot via tabs.

It's extremely helpful.

Do you see these little squares next to the tasks? If you click on it, the task will be displayed on the game screen. Depending on how large a field you dedicate to it, you can display many tasks this way. Personally, I use this function for tasks like kill 100 enemies or complete x quests as class y and I always know how much I still have to do.

20 minutes ago, Anhkriva said:

Do you see these little squares next to the tasks? If you click on it, the task will be displayed on the game screen. Depending on how large a field you dedicate to it, you can display many tasks this way. Personally, I use this function for tasks like kill 100 enemies or complete x quests as class y and I always know how much I still have to do.

I do try to use that feature. Thanks for the reminder! It works for my post-planning stage, where I'm actually doing the activities, but not as much for my planning stage when I'm trying to figure out which character I want to use since not all of my characters are suitable for guild-based activities that require a specific level (like raiding, or different warzone brackets).

I admit I'm a kind of outlier in terms of needing this feature, but I thought it worth mentioning that it makes it more player-friendly for some people.

Though if they found a better way to do missions than their current UI layout, I would be all interested in seeing how it works. XD Hahaha, but I feel it more polite to just say "change it back to the way it used to be" because they've already gotten that to work before than the pain & effort of making something entirely different.