Advancement: Reputation LF Dev Response

Darviset

Surely this has to be an unintended bug? I'd REALLY like to hear from the Dev's regarding the "why" behind Advancement: Reputation dropping from 40K+ down to 7.6k conquest. There's no money to be made in conquest. So surely reducing currency can't be the motivation. I conquest on 29 toons weekly. Not only is this change going to add a TON of unwanted and unwarranted time to my weekly conquest, but I will play less as I'm not even going to attempt to complete my entire legacy. What's the goal here? What possible motivation do you have Broadsword to make this change? I've given you countless hours, money, blood, sweat and tears. I have no more to give you. The tank is empty. Is this more about getting more time out of the occasional player at the cost of your sub paying die-hards? The only outcome here that would possibly satisfy, based on this change, is for you to refund any character slot purchases above 25. I have no more time to spare so now they are worthless. Please respond.

Edited by Darviset

5 hours ago, Anhkriva said:

Reputation was giving way too much, it's a fact, but now they've gone too far in the other direction.

As a finite source of CQP, it was not giving too much. When you reach max rank with a faction, you cannot use rep tokens anymore.

Let's not forget that 45k also required you to have the 150% bonus.

Being 8k makes it worth less than Kill Enemies 2, which is about 9k, (14k if you add in the CQP form Kill Enemies 1).

Edited by Traceguy

1 hour ago, Traceguy said:

As a finite source of CQP, it was not giving too much. When you reach max rank with a faction, you cannot use rep tokens anymore.

Being 8k makes it worth less than Kill Enemies 2, which is about 9k, (14k if you add in the CQP form Kill Enemies 1).

Kill enemies 2 requires several minutes of killing mobs, reputation requires one click of the mouse. I think it's fair that a task requiring a greater investment of time is better rewarded than one mouse click.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Anhkriva said:

Kill enemies 2 requires several minutes of killing mobs, reputation requires one click of the mouse. I think it's fair that a task requiring a greater investment of time is better rewarded than one mouse click.

Where exactly do you think that 1 click rep token came from? How much time went into getting that rep token? 2 weeks ago or so (Swoop Event) i ground out 233 rep tokens across my entire legacy. 233! My time investment for the reward was WELL worth 40K+ per click. Now they are all but worthless and all that time was for naught. So frustrating. I feel like it's worth noting that the Conquest reward for reputation was also motivation to keep coming back to the newer content as I've not finished those Reps. So in essence, there's an unintended consequence that potential group play can/may suffer as not as many will be hitting the tougher areas for little to no reward.

Edited by Darviset
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Darviset said:

Where exactly do you think that 1 click rep token came from? How much time went into getting that rep token? 2 weeks ago or so (Swoop Event) i ground out 233 rep tokens across my entire legacy. 233! My time investment for the reward was WELL worth 40K+ per click. Now they are all but worthless and all that time was for naught. So frustrating.

Yep they didn't drop with every thing and some nights it would take a while indeed

41 minutes ago, Anhkriva said:

reputation requires one click of the mouse. I think it's fair that a task requiring a greater investment of time is better rewarded than one mouse click.

Not true. Reputation doesn't spawn in your inventory. You have to earn it

11 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

Does getting them require spending 5x more time to justify 5x the reward?

3 hours ago, Traceguy said:

I'd be fine with the reputation nerf, if they would have also brought down the conquest goal back to 50k or even 20k that it used to be.  Playing alts and trying to get 100k with each one of them is impossible now and not worth the time anymore. The only bright side is I will have more time for other games when I don't have to do conquest anymore.

1 hour ago, Anhkriva said:

Only for solo players. If you are in a large conquest guild they form groups of 24 people, summon to each planet and a few faster people will do all the killing while the rest of the group just need to take the summon. Free conquest points, but strangely enough the devs didn't see that being "overly represented"...

That objective should be changed so that people would need to at least hit the mob, if not kill like solo players do.

1 hour ago, Anhkriva said:

This is a faceroll, mind numbingly boring activity.  Outside of pvp the best way to get conquest is to do just those sorts of faceroll, mind numbingly boring things.

If you like logging into swtor and having zero challenge, then that's great.  Have fun.

Reputation giving us so much conquest let me log into swtor, do challenging pve activities (which tend to reward garbage conquest for the time invested) and still contribute to my guilds.  The change won't mean I do more faceroll, mind numbingly boring stuff, I'll just contribute a lot less to my guilds and will probably move a few alts out of guilds completely.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Traceguy said:

Once you hit the weekly cap for a given reputation (12K) all subsequent rewards for that rep go into inventory until the next reset.

Edited by Darviset

10 minutes ago, Darviset said:

Once you hit the weekly cap for a given reputation (12K) all subsequent rewards for that rep go into inventory until the next reset.

You still have to earn each of those though. You're just getting delayed payment.

23 hours ago, Traceguy said:

Potentially yes.

I'd still like to hear how doing the shortest quest or dropping one reputation token takes 5x more time than doing Kill Enemies 2 on several planets. 

I also used reputation to do conquests because it was very convenient, but let's not pretend that the reward was not disproportionately large.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anhkriva said:

I'd still like to hear how doing the shortest quest or dropping one reputation token takes 5x more time than doing Kill Enemies 2 on several planets. 

Kill Enemies 2 is every day, all week, every year. What you consider the "shortest" quest lasts as long as you haven't hit max rank.

Edited by Traceguy

59 minutes ago, Anhkriva said:

I also used reputation to do conquests because it was very convenient, but let's not pretend that the reward was not disproportionately large.

The distinction in what i believe you are saying is this... I have to grind twelve thousand reputation BEFORE i get my 1st rep token.

Just now, Darviset said:

The distinction in what i believe you are saying is this... I have to grind twelve thousand reputation BEFORE i get my 1st rep token.

How can you get 12k reputation without getting a single token? Every time your reputation increases, it is thanks to a token, you can pick it up from a killed mob or get it as a reward for a quest, they are simply used up when received/picked up.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Anhkriva said:

How can you get 12k reputation without getting a single token? Every time your reputation increases, it is thanks to a token, you can pick it up from a killed mob or get it as a reward for a quest, they are simply used up when received/picked up.

You mentioned earlier the "1 click," which would assume that you had the rep token in your bag (Which you would not have access to unless you'd first earned the weekly cap of 12K). All other reputations (expect Underworld Exchange) you are absolutely performing some sort of activity for... be it killing mobs or quest completion. Couple that w/ what's already been mentioned above, reputation is finite. There is a beginning and an end unlike defeat enemies 2 which you can preform indefinitely as long as you can stomach the activity. Once you reach Legend rank with all Reps you can no longer complete the Advancement: Reputation objective. So yeah, if you're still working on the low hanging fruit reputations it probably does feel disproportionate. Another factor to consider is that you're grinding this rep in 324+ gear. It may not have felt as easy when that content was current. Once you max out that low hanging stuff, they get more challenging and time consuming to complete.

Edited by Darviset