Chiss Stronghold

Celwinn

10 minutes ago, ThrillInstructor said:

Well, since they took three rooms of the stronghold out of my subscription reward, will they lower the price of my subscription since I get less "value" for it?

More likely they will increase it 😛

48 minutes ago, ThrillInstructor said:

Well, since they took three rooms of the stronghold out of my subscription reward, will they lower the price of my subscription since I get less "value" for it?

Seems like the whole galactic season is based around the stronghold and our reward for being subs is more rooms at the get go than none subs. And getting all the rooms depends on completing the reward track which will have more than enough cartel coins to get all the rooms for subs so 🤷🏻‍♀️ Basically if you want the whole SH do the season… and it’s easier as a sub 

From what I understand, the stronghold and the first 3 rooms will be included in the subscribers' season pass. The last 3 will need to be purchased with CC.

The season pass usually "grants" around 2,000 CC, and the monthly subscription gives roughly 500 CC, depending on the payment method. Spending on the three extra rooms is a matter of choice; some people prefer to buy new sets, while others prefer to buy decorations and extra rooms. Depending on the price set for these rooms, I don't see anything absurd.

As for the F2P players, well... they're already playing for free and getting things, so there's not much room to complain.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nottzo said:

Seems like the whole galactic season is based around the stronghold and our reward for being subs is more rooms at the get go than none subs. And getting all the rooms depends on completing the reward track which will have more than enough cartel coins to get all the rooms for subs so 🤷🏻‍♀️ Basically if you want the whole SH do the season… and it’s easier as a sub 

So why not have the sub track free but allow F2P track buy the rooms with the Galactic Season Tokens (Or whatever they are called). 

It gives both tracks something and doesn't cut content for anyone. (I know some people will say SHs are optional content and doesn't affect your game but people like different things)

Just now, kinhoandrei said:

From what I understand, the stronghold and the first 3 rooms will be included in the subscribers' season pass. The last 3 will need to be purchased with CC.

The season pass usually "grants" around 2,000 CC, and the monthly subscription gives roughly 500 CC, depending on the payment method. Spending on the three extra rooms is a matter of choice; some people prefer to buy new sets, while others prefer to buy decorations and extra rooms. Depending on the price set for these rooms, I don't see anything absurd.

As for the F2P players, well... they're already playing for free and getting things, so there's not much room to complain.

Since the SH seems to be the focal point of the GS, why is the F2P track having less content? Armor/transmogs are one thing, but a SH? 

Why not give the option for F2P track to buy the rooms with Galactic Tokens?  (3 tokens per room for example)

4 minutes ago, Celwinn said:

Since the SH seems to be the focal point of the GS, why is the F2P track having less content? Armor/transmogs are one thing, but a SH? 

Why not give the option for F2P track to buy the rooms with Galactic Tokens?  (3 tokens per room for example)

Because this way it would decrease the interest of many players in acquiring the game subscription, which is the real goal of everything. Nobody works for free, and the way they found to finance the game is by selling cosmetics, like a new stronghold. In any case, there's nothing stopping it from appearing in NPCs at some point to be acquired with tokens.

11 minutes ago, Celwinn said:

So why not have the sub track free but allow F2P track buy the rooms with the Galactic Season Tokens (Or whatever they are called). 

It gives both tracks something and doesn't cut content for anyone. (I know some people will say SHs are optional content and doesn't affect your game but people like different things)

Yeah they could do it with tokens but tbh will all the coins I’d get in the season I’d rather use them cos there’s stuff I want to spend my token on and they’re harder to come by. 

But I get your point in having the option 

1 minute ago, Nottzo said:

Yeah they could do it with tokens but tbh will all the coins I’d get in the season I’d rather use them cos there’s stuff I want to spend my token on and they’re harder to come by. 

But I get your point in having the option 

For the record, I'm not against having sub rewards for unlocking rooms for the SH. 

What I'm against is not having the option for the F2P track in getting the same options, which is why I proposed the Tokens idea. 

Sub players will get the rooms free on the sub track and can use tokens for something else and the F2P track gets the option to buy them. 

Assuming that this isn't going to allow credits as an alternative, this is just going to put a lot of players off of participating in the GS, not encourage them.

It's also a worrying trend that as dyes now cost $20 and are only useable once and weapons and armour cost at least $10 dollars and as much as $30, we're now seeing even strongholds being locked behind paywalls.

Hopefully they offer credits as an alternative after seeing the overall negative reaction to the news, or at least do so down the line.

Edited by A_Guy_Called_Bob
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Celwinn said:

Because they want you to subscriber of course.

15 hours ago, LanceDefender said:

My biggest questions for it are:
- How expensive will be these rooms o unlock with CC? 500CC? 1000CC? If more then it's completely not worth it.
- Will this SH have a Starship hook? The most important hook in every SH imo.
@JackieKo

There's no need to tag the community manager, especially when the developers are likely the only ones who know the answer. That's a little annoying. It's a Stronghold, there's nothing great or new about this concept. We've had strongholds for many years now. The price to unlock new rooms will more than like be the same as any other.

Edited by Traceguy

30 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

There's no need to tag the community manager, especially when the developers are likely the only ones who know the answer. That's a little annoying. It's a Stronghold, there's nothing great or new about this concept. We've had strongholds for many years now. The price to unlock new rooms will more than like be the same as any other.

Except, other strongholds allow credits or CC to unlock rooms. This one has 3 rooms that is only unlockable by CC, which is why the question is vaild

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.