#Cancel Huttball

Tulfix

Many Huttball games tend to be more like a deathmatch, which can be frustrating for players who prefer other types of game modes. It would be helpful to add a filter to Warzone queues that allows players to opt-out of playing Huttball. This would allow those who enjoy playing Huttball to continue doing so without affecting the motivation of those who prefer other game modes. For instance, my crew would happily queue for Warzones for an extended period as long as we don't get stuck playing Huttball repeatedly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I like hutt ball. Its like the one pvp game mode that's different from anything in the mmo space. Quesh hutt ball is broken tho so I understand why ppl dislike it, but OG hutt ball is legendary imo. 

Edited by Samcuu
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

Quesh hutt ball is broken

Quesh hutt ball drives me up the wall. It never works, people are always zerging. On the other two maps people at least attempt to score goals.

Huttball is the game mode where I absolutely do not want the ball if I am not an Operative or Sin.  Carrying the ball with root + slows all the time is not fun if you dont play those 2 classes.  Jugg Tank used to be able to cheese due to 6.x grit teeth,  now i would just haul ass my way slowly to the endzone.   Good thing you can just throw the ball away, unlike Odessen, where if you have the buff, you cant throw it away, making you a target  

And that doesnt count the scenario when you are at the bottom, your stealth teammate is at the top but doesnt understand to unstealth to receive.  You try to type in chat, but get killed instead.  

As a range, Huttball can be fun, e.g. snipers or sorcs can stay on ledge and destroy everyone.  Had a game where a sniper stayed on the platform where the heal is,  so right above the ball spawn point.  Very effective and annoying to deal with. 

Hypergate is fine.  Although recently I saw a a 6v6 TDM on Hypergates.  The other 4 left or afk. Nobody caps and I dont think the game has a way to end the tie lmao.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, afwhoefuwov said:

The other 4 left or afk. Nobody caps and I dont think the game has a way to end the tie lmao.  

It ends after 9 rounds in hypergate no matter what. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, afwhoefuwov said:

Huttball is the game mode where I absolutely do not want the ball if I am not an Operative or Sin.  Carrying the ball with root + slows all the time is not fun if you dont play those 2 classes.  Jugg Tank used to be able to cheese due to 6.x grit teeth,  now i would just haul ass my way slowly to the endzone. 

Jugg/Guardian tank can still carry and, depending on the map, not just throw, but also leap into the end zone to either friend or enemy. Choosing Blade Blitz helps with mobility. And it's even better if there is a friendly healer nearby.

And that doesnt count the scenario when you are at the bottom, your stealth teammate is at the top but doesnt understand to unstealth to receive.  You try to type in chat, but get killed instead.  

When you're at the bottom and see stealth in the end zone, throw the ball to them - 9 out of 10, they are waiting for the ball in the air before un-stealthing to minimize the risk getting stunned. Only type if they missed it more than once (which means they are new) and you're already in the dead zone.

As a range, Huttball can be fun, e.g. snipers or sorcs can stay on ledge and destroy everyone.  Had a game where a sniper stayed on the platform where the heal is,  so right above the ball spawn point.  Very effective and annoying to deal with. 

Snipers can also roll and grab the ball when it spawns (better on some maps) since they can't be stunned right after the roll. And Sorcs can speed-run into the end zone and pull the ball-carrier to the finish line, or even a stunned ball-carrier across the finish line. If they are just "staying on the ledge and destroy everyone" then they aren't really playing Huttball. Plus, if they are staying in the same place, they can be either avoided, or pulled off the ledge (sometimes straight into the fire or poison) by some classes.

In other words, different classes/combat styles have different advantages in Huttball - not just Operatives and Sins. Just need to learn which ones are yours and perhaps play a bit with the ability tree to maximize them.

Huttball would be fun if it wasn't so exploitable. 

It mainly comes down to having either a sin or Operative Carry the ball. Operatives are especially notorious because their roll causes massive D-sync for everyone. 

95% of the strats people use are get someone in stealth and have them camp the endzone and throw the ball to them. 

The other is get a tank to carry the ball at the start and easy point right there. 

I do think Quesh ball is really broken in favor of ranged, but I like Quesh's smaller Endzone as its easier to pop stealthers camping in it. 

The other issue is that Huttball comes up so often, which is why people hate it. 

I'll give huttball this, I'd rather play that than doing Proving Grounds. 

55 minutes ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

Huttball would be fun if it wasn't so exploitable. 

You're forgetting "take the ball over the opposing team's line any way you can", "cheating - of course". It's not "exploiting" - it's just playing by the rules.

95% of the strats people use are get someone in stealth and have them camp the endzone and throw the ball to them. 

Stealth in the end zone should be last of your worries. Huttball is won or lost by whichever team controls the spawn point - was true 10 years ago and is still true. Any team which starts chasing stealth in the end zone loses because: a) they waste valuable resources (anything more than one is too many, and longer than 20 seconds is too long), and b) they essentially replace stealth in the end zone with their own bodies since more classes can leap to enemy vs friend. Back in the day, if the carrier made it across the acid pit, no one even bothered to chase them - the fight was for the mid above all and it's still a winning strategy.

I do think Quesh ball is really broken

Pretty sure most (if not all) agree on that point.

The other issue is that Huttball comes up so often, which is why people hate it. 

Agree on that. After 4 or 5 in a row it gets quite tiresome.

Edited by VegaMist
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

I'll give huttball this, I'd rather play that than doing Proving Grounds. 

That’s my main gripe. It pops too much because there are 3 maps & each seems to pop more often than map types that only have 1 or 2 maps. So you can literally play 6 HB matches in a row. And that can get boring. Especially if you are against an organised premade or worse you have a TDM premade on your team who ignores the ball entirely. 

I’d also rather eat ground glass than ever play proving grounds again. It is by far the worst map in the game for solo players. It’s purely designed for premades on Comms & should only ever pop for premades. 

14 hours ago, Lord_Janosch said:

Totally love huttball. Except, like every sane person, queshball

Makes me the crazy one here I guess. Cause I actually like Queshball. My only gripes with it, are the endzone leap restrictions for Warriors & the dysnc that operatives cause when they roll up the ramps with the ball. 

On 1/16/2024 at 8:15 PM, Tulfix said:

Many Huttball games tend to be more like a deathmatch, which can be frustrating for players who prefer other types of game modes. It would be helpful to add a filter to Warzone queues that allows players to opt-out of playing Huttball. This would allow those who enjoy playing Huttball to continue doing so without affecting the motivation of those who prefer other game modes. For instance, my crew would happily queue for Warzones for an extended period as long as we don't get stuck playing Huttball repeatedly.

Sure, if you don't like it must be cancelled.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I like huttball. One thing that should be done as noted in the Fixing 8x8 threads is to not repeat huttball or any other general map unless it ends in a close score. No one should suffer through three huttball wipeouts or any other game map in a row. to get a daily.

There are times when the scores were even to the end and I would want ONE rematch! One would think this would be a relatively easy change to make as it requires no new voice overs, no new map...