Holiday and Cartel Market sales for 2023

JackieKo

Curiously this is the first year I was actually aware of this annual collection unlock sale, admittedly I don't follow sale discussions a whole lot, but to see it then not happen is a real pity.

I was actually considering using some CC on it, I guess I will be spending nothing then.

Edited by JuventusAndFCK
  • Like 2

Feedback: Not interested/impressed with what is listed. Was expecting or hoping for an eventual Collections sale or Category sale. 30-50% off does not feel like a great deal for individual items as past Category sales and the random daily sale are already 50%. These daily listed named sales might have been interesting/neat if they were in addition to one of those other two sales (Collections/Category). As a creator, I don't feel it's "news" enough to make a video on either, it just feels like a daily 50% off sale with a little more heads up and some items won't even be 50% off (30% off feels very little). 

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, cacophonycat said:

My ideal choice or compromise if the Devs would consider it in the near future -- a rotating collection unlock sale. Just a single category like "armor" for one week, then followed by a different category for another week, perhaps lumping Toys, Emotes, and Titles into a single collection unlock sale.

you mean like they used to have for many years up until last year?  and now this year?

You don't even put all the life day items on sale and you're calling it Life day? Not to mention the old tradition, the collection sale. I know this game has not many players but I'm begging you. Don't take weird decisions nor don't lose your loyal players either. I'm dreaming about this game's universe, because it's much better than my real life. But what you're doing is quite a disappointment... I waited to buy those snow-themed items for 6 months, I tried to sub this game every month since 2021 or something, and Steam changed Turkish Lira to USD, the price raised like %400 but I payed it anyway to dive into its universe again and again. Even saved 7200 cc before that to buy those things. I was so ready and excited, you know. And even it was my first life day event but... Bro... I'm just sad...

Edited by BEE_Stark
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, BEE_Stark said:

You don't even put all the life day items to sale and you're calling it Life day? Not to mention the old tradition, the collection sale. I know this game has not many players but I'm begging you. Don't take pathetic decisions nor don't lose your loyal players either. I'm dreaming about this game's universe, because it's much better than my real life. But what you're doing is quite a disappointment... I waited to buy those snow-themed items for 6 months, it was my first life day event but... Bro...

Same. My first one because I've only been subscribed about two months.
I only found out about this because I was on the Cartel Market hunting the Snow Cannon, ready to spend 500 CC on it to help with the Life Day stuff.

And it's not even on the CM right now. And I am nowhere near capable of paying the outlandish 2.5 billion credits people want for it on the GTN.

So that's another 500 CC they won't be getting from me.

Like everyone else, I'm very disappointed by the absence of the collection sale. It's a highly anticipated event for the community, and particularly this year-end, many people, myself included, spent CC on the new items from the store, expecting the sale to do what we do best in this game: create new characters and sets.

Broadsword this is the first time I've come back in years I think if you worked harder on making the current community happy you would see more success especially with our limited community. This kinda stuff makes people not want to continue to play or spend money. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Otowi said:

How very dissapointing. Was so looking forward to collection unlock discount to unlock some armor and weapons I've bought. Now that is gone, which is a huge let down.

Not liking this new thing you're trying. I want to get what I want to buy, not what you want us to buy.

Please rethink this, as it's a bad idea all around, and not in the spirit of the holidays.

You summed it up perfectly. I don't want a single item they are pushing.  The only items I'm interested in on that list I already own!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

Saw a few questions about what sales/events are happening this month and during the holiday break. We are rolling out a different sales format this year, so I’m going to be breaking them down below for clarity and so you all know what to expect in the coming weeks. 

Events

• Life Day starts today and will run until January 9th! 
  • Double XP event will run from December 24 to January 4, 2024

Sales

The Coruscant and Kaas City Strongholds are discounted to 12 credits (down from 5000) until the next game update

In lieu of Collection Unlock and character transfer sales, players can expect to see special 30-50% off discounts on anniversary and daily sales on some of the most popular items on the Cartel Market. 

Below is a breakdown of all the starting dates for each of these sales!

To celebrate Life Day, we will be running unique daily sales beginning December 13 to December 20: 

• Life Day Tinsel Bomb Toy (Dec 13)
  • Life Day Surprise Toy (Dec 14)
  • Life Day Robes Armor Set (Dec 15)
  • Merry Ice Tromper Mount (Dec 16)
  • Life Day Snowball Cannon Toy (Dec 17)
  • Life Day Orb Toy (Dec 18)
  • Festive Tauntaun Mount (Dec 19)
  • Life Day Fireplace Decoration (Dec 20)

The below are our special Anniversary sales and will run from December 20 to January 4: 

• 5-pack: Major Experience Boost
  • Commander's Compendium - 3 Pack
  • Master’s Datacron and Equipment Bundle
  • Thexan's Armor Set
  • Satele Shan's Dualsaber
  • Darth Nul's Lightsaber
  • Tulak Hord's Lightsaber

We’re featuring some popular items from December 21 to January 4. These are daily sales: 

• Elite Mandalorian Bundle (Dec 21)
  • Executioner Lightning Weapon Tuning (Dec 22)
  • Mischief & Anarchy Blaster Pistols (Dec 23)
  • Tau's Lightsaber (Dec 24)
  • Armor of Darth Revan Set (Dec 25)
  • Onderon Guardian Bundle (Dec 26)
  • Dark Side Hssiss Mount (Dec 27)
  • Zakuul Knight Armor Set (Dec 28)
  • Stronghold Cantina Decoration Bundle (Dec 29)
  • Sensuous Dress Armor Set (Dec 30)
  • Heartless Pursuer Armor Set (Dec 31)
  • Imperial Reaper's Armor Set (Jan 1)
  • Incinerator Weapon Tuning (Jan 2)
  • Twisted Fang Lightsaber (Jan 3)

I hope this breakdown was helpful and that you all enjoy the holiday sales coming up! 

So no discounted collection unlocks? 

No discounted or Free transfers for APAC either? 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

your trying to make a name for yourselves in SWTOR  arnt ya Broadsword   see what u do is ADD stuff to existing discounts/holiday specials not completely

make a new set of discounts i saved up 3k CC and was going to buy more   but i think ill save my $$ i was waiting for collections sale 50% off as it HAPPEND every year but this year no thank you keep your CC saved all  

2 hours ago, JackieKo said:

The Coruscant and Kaas City Strongholds are discounted to 12 credits

Uh, I'm pretty sure I paid about 11 credits when I purchased these two strongholds back in April when I started playing the game. Was there a sale then too, or what? I sure didn't pay 5000 credits for them, and I'm reasonably certain my husband didn't pay that much about two weeks later, say late April/early May.

1 hour ago, YshtolaRhul said:

12 credits for the Apartments. Instead of 5k. What exactly is the point of this? You can make this in like 1 mission in-game.

Since you say you're a new player I'll explain that this is a discount for the capital world planet strongholds the devs have done for several years now in celebration of the game's launch.  The credit cost for these strongholds is made the same as the number of years since SWTOR launched.  Since this December marks 12 years from SWTOR's 2011 December launch the Coruscant and Dromund Kaas stronghold acquisition cost is reduced to 12 credits.  As you point out it's very minor but it's just something the devs have done for a while now.

I would be interested to know if the decision to not have 50% off collection unlocks sale for 2023 year-end holiday season was made by EA or Broadsword.  Not that I think anyone from Broadsword will reveal that info but I'm wondering which party was the one that decided to end this traditional sale.

Edited by Char_Ell
  • Thanks 1

This is my first life day, and I was told to save my cartel coins for collection unlock sales. That was an exciting prospect, so I did that as best I could to save. I mostly spent credits on the big ticket items I wanted unlocked. I was even ready to buy extra cartel coins for unlocks. Now that unlocks aren't happening, I feel no need to spend any money,  and I am disappointed and mad that I wont be able to unlock all the items I had been collecting on any sort of sale. On top of that, nothing in that list of unique daily sales is something that has me on the edge of my seat excited. Yay for anyone that has been waiting on those items though.

3 minutes ago, LonLonCucco said:

This is my first life day, and I was told to save my cartel coins for collection unlock sales.

Sorry to hear that.  50% off collections unlock sales during year end holiday season has been a thing for several years.  Not having collections unlock sale this year took everyone by surprise, including us long time players.

In the brand new, starting from scratch economy of the Shae Vizla server ... 5,000 Credits is STILL nothing. My first character on Shae Vizla had several times that amount of Credits before he finished his starter planet.

I mean, getting something for a lower price is never a bad thing, but getting the capital world apartments for a token price isn't anything to get excited about when they're already cheap to begin with.

it just feels like a daily 50% off sale with a little more heads up and some items won't even be 50% off

That's it in a nutshell. We already have one selected item discounted to 50% every day. The only real difference is that for a while, they'll let us know in advance which item it is.

Not much of an event here.

Glad I decided on buying physical items with my X-Mas money instead of throwing it at the game this year. I had a strong feeling they were going to be even stingier than they were last year about Collections unlocks. The Cartel Market hasn't had a good rotation for a very long time, and the new items that have been released recently are not that good-looking. The new dyes look terrible on most armors sets as well.

Seeing as how I own everything they are putting on sale, for some who have a large Collection, this is utterly worthless. So far, after the handing over of the game to BS, I'm not very impressed, nor is it looking good for SWTOR. That's my two cents. As a big spender and supporter of the game due to my love for it, I'll make a mental note to not invest much anymore, if at all aside from my sub.

I remember last year when I -- along with others -- mentioned something about Collections unlocks, they quickly changed their tune after seeing sales plummet. Vote with your wallets, people!

Man, I was ready to drop a good chunk of change on Life Day. I wanted to get the outfit, wampa companion, snow weapon tuning, and this year's Snowglobes. Unfortunately, most of these aren't being offered whatsoever. I can understand the lack of new snowglobes due to the change in devs, but at least sell all the old ones if you can't sell new ones. This is very disappointing and I was also looking forward to the yearly collection unlock discount.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.