IMPOSSIBLE TO GET NOTES OF REFLECTION AFTER SEASON END

OverDrone

Notes of reflection are not dropped from enemies anymore. Supposedly after 7.4 was deployed. I've killed many thousands enemies and didn't receive a single note. Before 7.4 I was getting at least 1-2 notes per hour. Ofc I kill enemies with amity as a companion

19 minutes ago, Silicon_Dragon said:

I'm still getting notes dropping, only the drop rate seems reduced to about 10% of what it was before, same with the other Season companions.

you sure it's still working after 7.4 for you? What's your amity influence? what's your reputation with that group? I didn't get a single drop since 7.4. Are you getting drops when amity in the group or other companion?

Edited by OverDrone

All of my companions on my sniper are 50. I only need prior-Season drops for Amity and PH4, so those are the only ones I ever go hunting for.

I'm wondering if mob difficulty affects the drop rate?  I seem to get more drops from mobs while doing heroics than just clearing the landscape of trash mobs, and flashpoint mobs drop them at an even higher rate, though I haven't done enough to have a reliable sample rate with FPs, so this could be anecdotal. 

Edited by Silicon_Dragon
Typos...they'll make an excellent epitaph.

57 minutes ago, Silicon_Dragon said:

Aye, I just did the weekly Tatooine heroics and got 2 drops.  Yes, it was bad before, but now it's absolutely pathetic.  I feel like I'm being punished now.  Seriously, why am I paying for this punishment? /shakesHead

I just did tat rep heroics with full bonus, still not a single drop. I suspect they messed up with condition. It says if I have legendary influence with "messengers" drops will not happen. I suppose actual (broken) condition is either rank <= champion, or they use other reputation party, I have a lot of parties with 100% reputation 18/29: BBA, Makeb, Y4, GAME, IOKATH and others.

11 minutes ago, Silicon_Dragon said:

All of my companions on my sniper are 50. I only need prior-Season drops for Amity and PH4, so those are the only ones I ever go hunting for.

I'm wondering if mob difficulty affects the drop rate?  I seem to get more drops from mobs while doing heroics than just clearing the landscape of trash mobs, and flashpoint mobs drop them at an even higher rate, though I haven't done enough to have a reliable sample rate with FPs, so this could be anecdotal. 

if such conditions do exist it's unfortunate they are not mentioned anywhere by devs. If there is any way I can increase drop rate, I would surely do so. I used toons with 1 and 50 influence - no difference. Before 7.4 it seems only count mattered, so it was easier to farm starting planets for notes.

Edited by OverDrone

I'm Champ with GAME and have gotten 36 drops so far this week.

This morning, I got 4 more Notes while on Tatooine which got me Legend with Messengers.

They DO drop, just at a far lesser rate, it seems.  Perhaps there's something borked with specific toons and/or classes?  It really wouldn't surprise me since there are frequent basic game mechanics that are borked on a per-class or per-toon basis, e.g. my Sharpshooter smuggler, Discovery Missions turn dark (upon reading them) for Scav but not Slicing, but on my Sawbone smuggler, neither one turns dark.

19 hours ago, OverDrone said:

Notes of reflection are not dropped from enemies anymore. Supposedly after 7.4 was deployed. I've killed many thousands enemies and didn't receive a single note. Before 7.4 I was getting at least 1-2 notes per hour. Ofc I kill enemies with amity as a companion

I think the drop rate on the Notes of Reflection may depend on Amity's Influence rating, because on my characters where he's INF Level 50, I get more dropping than I do on characters where he's at INF Level 1.

12 hours ago, MishraArtificer said:

I think the drop rate on the Notes of Reflection may depend on Amity's Influence rating, because on my characters where he's INF Level 50, I get more dropping than I do on characters where he's at INF Level 1.

maybe so, but I've tried on toons with 50 inf as well. I have a theory. I suspect it's related to one of limits I have hit this week: either op1 or dark spores where I hit weekly limit. I'll try next week to farm for notes when I don't yet exhausted limit on any other currency. If my theory is correct then it's still a bug, I just discovered more details to it.

17 hours ago, Falensawino said:

How are we supposed to get dark spores after season 5 ends without a companion?

I might've just imagined it, but I thought I heard/read somewhere that you'd get them after the season ends by playing without a companion. Mind you, I can't find anywhere where I would've got that information, so take it with a grain of salt.

1 hour ago, OverDrone said:

. I have a theory. I suspect it's related to one of limits I have hit this week: either op1 or dark spores where I hit weekly limit. I'll try next week to farm for notes when I don't yet exhausted limit on any other currency. If my theory is correct then it's still a bug,

The other 'currency'  has NOTHING to do with  basic bad luck ( aka  RNG ) .

However  i might be misunderstanding what  your  theory  is trying to prove exactly?   Are you saying , no matter what mobs/enemies you kill  ,  you aren't  receiving ANY  'dark spores'  anymore at all?

1 hour ago, JenaSalton said:

I thought I heard/read somewhere that you'd get them after the season ends by playing without a companion. Mind you, I can't find anywhere where I would've got that information,

You heard incorrectly then, because it's actually  just the opposite.   See this related post by another player--> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/932562-game-module-and-syndicate-plans/?do=findComment&comment=9790594

The drop rate, even with the proper  Level 50 companion out,  is VERY VERY VERY  LOW % .  ( *Welcome to the wonderful  world of what MMO Devs think is just so much "fun" : Grinding  thousands of mobs x infinity.  :(  )

Edited by Nee-Elder

4 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

You heard incorrectly then, because it's actually  just the opposite.   See this related post by another player--> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/932562-game-module-and-syndicate-plans/?do=findComment&comment=9790594

I was speaking specifically about how you'd get Dark Spores after the end of Season 5.

And, if I didn't hear that anywhere official (or at all), my assumption would have been based on how we get the rep tokens for the previous seasons. During the season, if you used that season's companion, you had a higher likelihood of getting the rep tokens, once the season ended, the only way to get them would be if you had that season's companion active, as the comment you linked says. Since, with Season 5 the drop rate increases when you play without a companion, it seems to me that it would follow that after the season ends the only way to get Dark Spores would be if you played without a companion.

5 minutes ago, JenaSalton said:

I was speaking specifically about how you'd get Dark Spores after the end of Season 5.

, with Season 5 the drop rate increases when you play without a companion, it seems to me that it would follow that after the season ends the only way to get Dark Spores would be if you played without a companion.

ahhh ok,  in that case good point yep

Although, it sure would be nice yeah if we could  please hear an official word from @JackieKo or  @EricMusco  about this!

Otherwise,  forums turn into typical  code conspiracy interwebs. :eek:

On 12/9/2023 at 11:46 PM, Nee-Elder said:

The other 'currency'  has NOTHING to do with  basic bad luck ( aka  RNG ) .

However  i might be misunderstanding what  your  theory  is trying to prove exactly?   Are you saying , no matter what mobs/enemies you kill  ,  you aren't  receiving ANY  'dark spores'  anymore at all?

Bad luck not getting a single drop for more than a week? When I was getting them like 1-2 per hour? I could get at least 40 per week before without specifically farming in special locations or on special enemies, just doing solo contents. Although I've noticed that some locations/enemies dropped more, like killiks on alderaan or starting planets like ord mantell and hutta just because you kill enemies there faster. BTW my theory (that it's tied to some currency weekly limit) was wrong. After start of new week I am still not getting any drops even though I didn't hit any limits yet. The other possible bug might be in condition "Only drops for those who are below legend rank", the bug being this condition tied to another party, not cold moon. Because I have plenty of legend ranked parties by now. That would explain why others still getting drops and I'm not.

1 hour ago, OverDrone said:

. The other possible bug might be in condition "Only drops for those who are below legend rank", the bug being this condition tied to another party, not cold moon. Because I have plenty of legend ranked parties by now. That would explain why others still getting drops and I'm not.

Good thinkin' ^ yep  far more likely.  However, if that ^ is indeed the case, i suspect  it's also not a bug because that ^ might just be code working-as-intended.   After all, why would  Legend  rank ever need such Reputation drops anymore?

Hopefully we can get official  word from Broadsword DEV  soon  though.

1 minute ago, Nee-Elder said:

Good thinkin' ^ yep  far more likely.  However, if that ^ is indeed the case, i suspect  it's also not a bug because that ^ might just be code working-as-intended.   After all, why would  Legend  rank ever need such Reputation drops anymore?

Hopefully we can get official  word from Broadsword DEV  soon  though.

no, I meant other thing. Expected behaviour: "Don't get notes of reflection if you reach legend rand with cold moon", actual behaviour: "Don't get notes of reflection if you reach legend rand with G.A.M.E.". Well I suspect that this might be the case, that's why I don't get notes even if I don't have legend rank with cold moon.

29 minutes ago, OverDrone said:

no, I meant other thing. Expected behaviour: "Don't get notes of reflection if you reach legend rand with cold moon", actual behaviour: "Don't get notes of reflection if you reach legend rand with G.A.M.E.". Well I suspect that this might be the case, that's why I don't get notes even if I don't have legend rank with cold moon.

ahhhhhh ok ,  well gosh then  yeah that  def. sounds like a  bug/mistake!   Assuming you're   grinding with the correct  companion & mobs & such.

Would help  your case if a couple other players  can test/confirm  it first  though .  Anyone else have  Legend rank already  with  'G.A.M.E.' ?  ( i just checked myself and unfortunately i'm Legend already on BOTH )

Edited by Nee-Elder