Have to accept terms of service every time

briantelo

I redownloaded the game today since I got a new drive for my steam games.  However each time I log into my SWTOR account through the launcher I get prompted to accept the "End User and License Agreement" as well as the "Rules of Conduct".  This does not affect my ability to play the game, it is just annoying that I need to accept it everytime.  If anybody has a fix for this, that would be great!

P.S. I am playing through steam and not the original launcher.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 12:53 PM, DarthBryn said:

Steam build appears to be missing eula.settings and eualas.version, adding these in from a bacjup i have removed the issue.

What is the path these files should be added? Also, do I have to just create txt files with that name and it works? 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2023 at 7:36 AM, briantelo said:

I redownloaded the game today since I got a new drive for my steam games.  However each time I log into my SWTOR account through the launcher I get prompted to accept the "End User and License Agreement" as well as the "Rules of Conduct".  This does not affect my ability to play the game, it is just annoying that I need to accept it everytime.  If anybody has a fix for this, that would be great!

P.S. I am playing through steam and not the original launcher.

I found a workaround after looking up the same issue on the internet. Someone said to download the game through the SWTOR Site and install it. Log in through the non steam launcher and accept the Rules of Conduct and the End User and License Agreement. The game will make a file eula.settings file in the folder you installed it. Close the non steam launcher, don't actually download the entire game again. Copy this new eula.settings file into the steam installation folder. After that you can delete the non steam version and when you start the game through steam you won't see the pop up to accept the terms again.

For some reason steam doesn't create this file when you normally accept the terms and that is why is asking you each time. 

• Like 1

Been happening to me when I use the Steam version. I tried to get the eula.settings from the onsite version of the game and place it onto the Steam files but it still didn't work...

yea you need the eula.settings file you can download the launcher from the webpage and copy it over from that location must launch it and except it through there first doen need to download the game again tho) or  https://mega.nz/file/duVViQjQ#iK8ltfkaXMVtjd4IT6tB3jcxR4F66zmMF-UC9hm3gDE download that and put it in your Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars - The Old Republic where the launcher exe is

Edited by yamisniper

18 hours ago, Jarcen said:

Been happening to me when I use the Steam version. I tried to get the eula.settings from the onsite version of the game and place it onto the Steam files but it still didn't work...

thast weird cause thats what worked for me did you launch the website launcher and except it first?

Edited by yamisniper

17 hours ago, yamisniper said:

thast weird cause thats what worked for me did you launch the website launcher and except it first?

I actually solved it. Thing is I am logging in suing my F2P account on the onsite version, which generates a eula.settings for that account, and so when I copy/paste that to the Steam version it still lets me go over EULA. So realizing that I signed in with my sub account to the onsite version which created the eula.settings for the account here, copy/paste that to Steam and now it's working. I do prefer the Steam version despite having to use the additional Steam launcher because it has its own Steam achievements which you can see on the Steam launcher, aside from seeing as well how many hours you've played.

Just to add, I hope Broadsword really look into this as this seems to affect the Steam version quite often. It seems the Steam version fails to create the eula.settings file and you have to copy that from the onsite version, which shouldn't be the case. Hopefully also if ever Broadsword does make a fix on this to say exactly what went wrong and what the fix is (aside from what people are doing now) and if people can do it for themselves if ever it happens again...

Edited by Jarcen

Glad I've found the thread, this was getting irritating to say at least. Happened to me after Steam file integrity verification - file got lost and never recreated. Copying the file from site installer works fine, thanks so much 💜Wish it was properly repaired though instead of googling around for workaround 😥

Hello

The player agreement and terms of service keep popping up on my account. I have no trouble getting into the game, but I wondered why it always happened when I logged in.

This simple thing has been an issue for months now, why hasnt it been fixed? 

Why is it that SHOP/Subscribe issues get fixed immediately but something so simple as adding a settings document for steam users takes MONTHS/YEARS.... Why should I even bother giving you money if you dont even support the game anymore?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2024 at 12:21 PM, Jedi_Night_Hawk said:

I got tired. I simply tried all the methods I could find to solve the Eula problem, but none of them worked.
So with a lot of pain I uninstalled the steam version and returned to the normal version.
Until when steam? until when please?

You're halfway there to fixing. Copy the eula.settings file from the official launcher over to the Steam launcher. Problem should resolve after that.

Edited by Traceguy

• 4 weeks later...