Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Shae Vizla Launch Updates

JackieKo

21 minutes ago, Duck_Cider said:

On the other hand, what happens if a f2p/pref tries to transfer a char who has 1m active and 4b escrow? That transfer can't be allowed - otherwise, someone can just sub after that transfer, and they've successfully brought 4b to SV, bypassing the credit cap. So it has to be blocked. But the f2p/pref can't put those creds in their legacy bank either, to get below the 15m limit, because of their 1m active credit limit.  They'd either need to sub, to transfer that specific character (dumping excess in legacy), or transfer another character whose total credits (active + escrow) is below the credit cap.

Ok, I see the issue. Maybe they code the preferred / ftp players transfers so only 1 million can transfer with no escrow. Those remaining escrow credits go into some sort of legacy escrow on their origin server. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

7 hours ago, Nommaz said:

They can do that posting here, a livestream is not required, or its additional costs to them in man hours etc to set it up, here they can post and discuss without either (if they chose to)

because ftp/preferred cant post here

3 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Slightly different topic, but still with in the SV server theme.

I would have loved to see an Aussie inspired companion for an APAC launch promo of the new server. Would have been a great give away to promote the region.

They could be from the SW Legend planet of Borleias or just make a planet up called Roo. It’s not like swtor hasnt used creative licence outside of the SW canon planets before 😉

Image courtesy of the movie Tank Girl & Ice-T

IMG_5968.jpeg.a6fe7ef86d34a5bc92147df70125e502.jpeg

@JackieKo @KeithKanneg a generic 2 saber user Darkside abilities same as Veeroa Denz as a companion would be good Gift Reactions can be different as well as the species the ability to customize the clothes  

Edited by emperorruby

They need to decide IF the APAC server is a CLASSIC server or a REGIONAL server... if it was CLASSIC they chose the WRONG group to do this to. we had nothing, they gave hope that we had a place in SWTOR to only have it taken away yet again.

The longer you have played the more you have lost for Broadsword to laugh about as they did in the live streams.... haha, no transfers till we get all classes levels hahahaha, you have to wait... oh and because we don't want our mains to be limited we will limit you here hahahahahahahaha

And you wonder why APAC players are mad.... we want to play, we want to play with what we have earned, any less is a slap to the face and makes you look like immature brats, as we don't care if we are left BROKE on US and EU servers, yet you do not think of THAT

4 hours ago, Gabriaye said:

The longer you have played the more you have lost for Broadsword to laugh about as they did in the live streams.... haha, no transfers till we get all classes levels hahahaha, you have to wait... oh and because we don't want our mains to be limited we will limit you here hahahahahahahaha

It's good to know it was not just me overreacting when listening to this live stream with Americans joking about the reason for restrictions on our "only option" to Return and play with END Game in a Game we spent years and thousands of dollars on. My guild raided weekly On Dalborra we tried for a couple of months After the server closed down but the only way we were able to complete any content was with a majority US players in our raid group, this led to Our original guild disbanding and most players completely quitting within months It's only so long Raiders will drag somebody who has horrible lag and constantly dies or can't do their job in a raid group. The only "Playable" content available to Aussie players since the closing of the apex server has been the story content. 

• Like 2

I'm an APAC player who thought seriously about a move to SV, but it looks like SV is destined to fail (for reasons outlined in other posts). I don't want to move my characters, only to have move them again. IMO what should have happened is two new servers - a proper unrestricted APAC server and a NA fresh start server. I only really do the Galactic seasons solo at this point, and while I do notice the lag, it doesn't affect me too much. Staying where I am, I get to keep all my stuff, and don't have to spend time and CC I would've if I moved.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

On 2/19/2024 at 10:53 PM, AussieAlan said:

Then don't be lazy and go farm dailies/heroics, isn't that hard to get credits if you got a level 80.

Some of us work, have lives and kids. A couple hours of raiding and wiping is 500k+. Please tell me more about how easy it is.  I found an easy way to resolve it. Just unsubscribe and move on as there is absolutely no reason we should be still waiting for transfers.

Edited by TormentAU
  • Like 8

12 hours ago, TormentAU said:

Just unsubscribe and move on as there is absolutely no reason we should be still waiting for transfers.

I have given up hope to be honest, and only come here now once or twice a day, haven't played much if any this week and don't see that changing unless we get some love (APAC), it feels like they don't care, and judging by the radio silence for 10 days maybe they don't....
Sub I got was a 3 month's when said they will allow transfers, but I rushed to get it and should have realised the conditions attached would hardly change. Now its just running down to nil sub.

They are probably sitting there wondering why APAC players and/or unsubscribing or not bothering to log in anymore after they gave us the gum on the bottom of their shoe and said be happy with what you get.

Regional servers should be treated as such.... Don't limit us because non-regional players want the best of both worlds... WE JUST WANT ONE.

or delete all funds from EVERY player to 15 mil per character, and 0 in legacy... its ONLY FAIR, and it would FIX the economy on all servers that ya'll so worried about... right.... that is a LIE

• Like 1

@KeithKanneg @EricMusco @JackieKo

Im noticing more & more APAC players unsubbing this weekend & posting the images on social media.

This is happening because of the extended delay to transfers & because you’ve decided to stop communicating again. Which is causing a lot of anxiety & anger in the APAC community. 

The consensus is you’ve stopped reading or listening to our feedback again. There are still a lot of concerns that more needs to be addressed to make the server work.

The fear & anxiety in the community is real. The fear is you will close the server down after we transfer if there aren’t enough people. And we’ll all be forced to merge again with the US. That anxiety could lead to a self fulfilling situation because players won’t transfer because of this worry. Making it come true by default.

Wether that’s true or not isn’t the issue right now. You guys need to manage the community’s fear & anxiety of this with more communication & some assurances or the server WILL fail because this fear has been festering since December/January.

APAC players want the Server to be successful. They want the low ping & better performance. But they also want to be treated with some respect & they feel that’s not happening at the moment. Basically, they feel you aren’t listening or managing the communities expectations. If you genuinely want this project to succeed, you need to do more to reassure the APAC player base.

This delayed transfer situation is becoming untenable. The server is a grave yard at the moment. Myself & many of the community who believed in limiting credit transfers at the start, can admit that was a mistake. Now you guys need to admit it too & walk back on that idea of fresh start server or the server will never recover enough to be financially viable or playable for group content. 

It’s apparent the majority of the “new start” players from other regions have already abandoned the server. That experiment is over now that the server is more than 3 months old. It’s time to admit that NA & EU players would prefer to play in their own regions because the ping is better.

If you want the APAC server to work & have a thriving APAC community, now is the time to act. Waiting till the next patch launch sometime in March to communicate or fix this will be too long. Each day we lose more APAC players from the entire game, not just the SV server. The longer this takes the more will leave.

1. Forget about limiting credits & open up transfers next week.

2. Any current APAC subscribers when transfers open, regardless of when they subscribed, should be eligible for the 16 free transfers.

3. Give extra free transfers to any APAC player, regardless of being a subscriber or not, that has PAID to open up extra server slots. Each paid slot should = 1 extra free transfer. So if you’ve paid to open 20, you get 20 extra free transfers. 

4. Give 1-4 free transfers to Preferred / Free to Play APAC located players that have had an account since before the APAC server opened last November. 

I really hope you guys are listening so we can fix this together. Please start communicating. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5

On 2/21/2024 at 8:25 PM, Nommaz said:

I think you will find that's where most APAC WAS, however, it's very fast becoming, inflation is not the main concern anymore, the main concern is bringing players back EVEN if that results in inflation, and we would prefer to see a healthy server with inflation rather than a dead one with none.

This needs more prominence.  We want a populated server not a ghost town with a stable GTN that no one can use as there is no one to buy anything.

4 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

APAC players want the Server to be successful. They want the low ping & better performance. But they also want to be treated with some respect & they feel that’s not happening at the moment. Basically, they feel you aren’t listening or managing the communities expectations. If you genuinely want this project to succeed, you need to do more to reassure the APAC player base.

This is my current feeling.  I came back to the game as an APAC server was announced.  Then it was fresh start.  I was pissed but thought if I supported the game it would add argument that we needed the ability to bring everything over at some point.  Now its the devs are thinking "we are just going to ignore everyone's feelings and hope the whole APAC thing fizzles out and people are going to be happy with the bone we throw them."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Please start communicating.

I truly can't believe they think that not communicating is acceptable behaviour for any company relying on a community This is not like a single-player game that just requires a good story and at once off purchase a happy community is essential for continuing subscriptions. I don't think I've seen this level of disrespect for a community since the early 2000s when it was acceptable to have a support email simply to delete all communication once a week. Even limiting actual players from communicating on their official forms is ludicrous.. What type of community relations manager thinks one post a week if that is at all acceptable... It's like they're purposely trying to sabotage this game so it will fail and they can move on to more favourable projects.   

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JohnnyGatt said:

I truly can't believe they think that not communicating is acceptable behaviour for any company relying on a community This is not like a single-player game that just requires a good story and at once off purchase a happy community is essential for continuing subscriptions. I don't think I've seen this level of disrespect for a community since the early 2000s when it was acceptable to have a support email simply to delete all communication once a week. Even limiting actual players from communicating on their official forms is ludicrous.. What type of community relations manager thinks one post a week if that is at all acceptable... It's like they're purposely trying to sabotage this game so it will fail and they can move on to more favourable projects.   

This has sadly been the case for many years now. Why they think going radio silent is beyond me. There has been some improvement, but even that is not very helpfull.

The radio silence thing started under BioWare some years back and only the Force knows why they did that in the first place.

Transparency and good communication is vital for game to thrive, but such is not the case around here for the most part.

• Like 5

On 12/21/2023 at 6:35 AM, KeithKanneg said:

Hi everyone, 

Wanted to chime in and give you all an update on where we stand with character transfers to the Shae Vizla server. 

• One of our top priorities is keeping the economy on the Shae Vizla server stable.
  • We are still evaluating Shae Vizla player populations and activity to determine the best timeframe to open transfers to/from the server. We're reviewing a variety of data points, including (but not limited to), credits obtained, characters created, current character levels, Achievements, and more.  

There is a lot we are learning about the economy and introducing millions or billions of credits will negate our ability to make any refinements. I want to let you all know about some of the topics we are discussing behind the scenes. 

One point I do want to address upfront, when we initially launched the server, we said we intended to open transfers at a later time. That is still a possibility, but based on the data and sentiment we are seeing around protecting the economy, there now exists possibilities of restricting what is transferred over or not doing transfers at all.

Achievements are a major aspect of our game and once transferred, a player’s entire Legacy is also moved, rendering many Achievements to already be accomplished. We are considering limiting or completely restricting the transfer of credits and/or item stacks. This will help address the significant concern about the economy, but it doesn't address Achievements, so we are discussing compromises.  

Again, we are still evaluating everything and when we are ready to make a call, we will be communicating that ahead of time before anything is implemented. We'll also be taking player feedback into consideration regarding how transfers are done. 

What we are going to do now is continue to monitor the behaviors we see on the Shae Vizla server over the holiday break. When we come back, we’ll continue our discussions around character transfers and communicate with players about our intentions before we make a final decision.

Thanks all and happy holidays!

Not one mention of APAC.  

One of our top priorities is keeping the economy on the Shae Vizla server stable

Needed to be: 

One of our top priorities is keeping the APAC community on the Shae Vizla server happy and giving them a place to play.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

52 minutes ago, emperorruby said:

@KeithKanneg what the point of having a economy when you don't players apac server could bleed out and apac players on discord are not happy

Maybe they should start being not happy here and not on the other side of the internet.

32 minutes ago, Anhkriva said:

Maybe they should start being not happy here and not on the other side of the internet.

Because most of them can’t post on the forums at the moment. 

They’ve either unsubscribed already because they weren’t going to qualify for free transfers or  because of other reasons we can’t discuss here.

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, DanteYoda said:

Oh dear god its still going just release the damn transfers already.. the server is on life support and you are bickering about a non existent economy...

They can not, they need to have developers working on the transfer system to enable the credit restrictions for the non existent economy.

you know, instead of fixing one of the bugs in the game, I’m sure there was a bug they could be working on instead.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TormentAU said:

Well, they get their stable economy with the 20 people left on it.

The transfers just need to happen. The credits issue is secondary. With active transfers people would be playing instead of worrying about their credits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, DWho said:

The transfers just need to happen. The credits issue is secondary. With active transfers people would be playing instead of worrying about their credits.

Exactly this 👆

But BS also needs to recognise the subscribing APAC players right to free transfers who came back to the game after January 2nd 2024.

This is something the whole of the APAC community is talking about in the game & on other social media & is very pissed off about. There are even some subscribers who are posting pictures of them unsubbing, not because of the credit situation, but in solidarity of APAC players who are being denied free transfers. I’ve tried to suggest that’s detrimental to them & the community, but its gone further than I can possibly influence. Only BS can fix this with the community.

And yes, youre right, at this point, BS need to forget about the credit limits & the economy & concentrate on getting as many APAC players back onto SV as quickly as possible. 

The best thing BS can do right now is open up the transfers next week. Which means zero credit limits because the patch isn’t ready yet. 

At the same time, they need to get rid of the prerequisite time requirement to be a subscriber. And allow Free Transfers for any APAC players who are subscribed at the time the transfers open. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Exactly this 👆

But BS also needs to recognise the subscribing APAC players right to free transfers who came back to the game after January 2nd 2024.

This is something the whole of the APAC community is talking about in the game & on other social media & is very pissed off about. There are even some subscribers who are posting pictures of them unsubbing, not because of the credit situation, but in solidarity of APAC players who are being denied free transfers. I’ve tried to suggest that’s detrimental to them & the community, but its gone further than I can possibly influence. Only BS can fix this with the community.

And yes, youre right, at this point, BS need to forget about the credit limits & the economy & concentrate on getting as many APAC players back onto SV as quickly as possible. 

The best thing BS can do right now is open up the transfers next week. Which means zero credit limits because the patch isn’t ready yet. 

At the same time, they need to get rid of the prerequisite time requirement to be a subscriber. And allow Free Transfers for any APAC players who are subscribed at the time the transfers open. 

i agree but for logistics difficulty reasons they might not to that on the day of transfer still the apac players need to know the apac cut point this specific offer is not for na players or eu players they get the January 2nd date

even ppl comment here less and less, basically showing interest in the server is dead, you failed the APAC community Broadsword, you wanted to cater for yourself, not us.... 

We know what you stand for now... 

We know where we stand in your eyes, the BOTTOM of the garbage dump, not worth your time, not worth even a response.

You are laughing all the way to the bank with the money you SCAMMED from us...

I wonder if we have a case with the AAAC, as they changed on what was OG stated when the server went live, no limits ever mentioned.

Edited by Gabriaye
  • Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.