Shae Vizla Launch Updates

JackieKo

1 minute ago, TrixxieTriss said:

You don’t even need to do that. Just do all the class & starter planet side quests & heroics with one of the free XP boosts active & you’ll be close to lvl 20 when you leave.

I mean BT and Esseles have solo mode, faster than questing.

3 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Lastly, this would be an ideal time for you to run a marketing campaign to bring some old APAC players back to the fold.

Send out another marketing Email to old APAC subscribers who aren’t currently subscribed. Offering 8 free transfers for 30 day subs or 16 free transfers for people who buy the 60 day subscription. 

As one of the founding members of Star Walking Australia's official Star Wars fan club and the oldest continually running Star Wars fan club in the world, I would be more than happy to push out An offer to our members. We did a post about the transfer opening up but $60 for 8 Characters + A subscription Is it big ask for players to move "back" to Australian servers they didn't want to leave in the first place. In general, across multiple games, Australians have been have been burnt multiple times already with server shutdowns relocations and transfers. As one of our members said Fool me once shame on you fool me twice. Offering free transfers will encourage people to reinstall to get the names they want and get hooked again!  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Please offer 4 free transfers for preferred APAC players who aren’t subscribed at the moment. 

Heck, just do 4 free transfers for APAC players. They deserved that much.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, heeeysa said:

PvP hasn't lived, the server isn't old enough yet. OPS haven't been a thing for 5 years or so. That's expected

On this you are 100% incorrect. It’s apparent you don’t PvP or weren’t here when the server actually opened in November. 

PvP was very healthy on the server till 7.4 was released & people had to go back to the old servers to play the new content. It then atrophied after that because there wasn’t enough time for the majority of people to then finish PvP or Galactic Seasons on SV. So they went back to the other servers to finish them. Add the devs January bombshells on transfers & everyone else left shortly after.

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Engeopathichero said:

I mean BT and Esseles have solo mode, faster than questing.

True, but that’s assuming you got all you’re gear slots mostly filled so bolster works enough & you don’t die repeatedly. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

10 minutes ago, Engeopathichero said:

At this point I'm curious why they don't just make both groups happy and start a fresh start server in another region. Let APAC have a regional server and the fresh start people have a home where ping doesn't matter and credits do. It would boost sales and subs, I simply don't understand why they haven't done it at this point, there is obviously a market for both and they are losing money when they could be gaining it in both subs and cartel coin sales. Heck just open up a new server in APAC and leave SV as a fresh start, let any transfer off SV but not let anyone transfer to. That way everyone is happy.

Thank you @Engeopathichero

Just now, TrixxieTriss said:

True, but that’s assuming you got all you’re gear slots mostly filled so bolster works enough & you don’t die repeatedly. 

If you die with the solo droid you are doing something wrong, or just pulling too much, you really don't need gear.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SoraRaida said:

Heck, just do 4 free transfers for APAC players. They deserved that much.

While I agree with the sentiment. They are trying to stop credit selling mules using throw away accounts to move large sums of credits. It would open up the flood gates because it would be too easy to get around such a relaxed free system. 

At least preferred players were once subscribers or paid real money to buy CC & should be accommodated. It would also show some good will towards the APAC community. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JohnnyGatt said:

We did a post about the transfer opening up but $60 for 8 Characters + A subscription

I think you may have misread.

Paying a sub for 30 days = 8 free transfers (which is $15)

Paying a sub for 60 days = 16 free transfers (which is $30)

8 minutes ago, Engeopathichero said:

If you die with the solo droid you are doing something wrong, or just pulling too much, you really don't need gear.

You could be right. It’s bean that long since I’ve used the solo droid, I dont remember. When I do them solo it’s in veteran mode with my own Comp. 

So you're happy to just kill the server like the rest? I don't understand. Why are you folding to people who clearly don't even play the game and just want to ruin the economy? This will not end well. Everything is going to cost 10-20x more than it currently does(initially, but will only go up) because of the huge influx of credits. If people can't afford to buy things then what's the point of playing anymore? Chasing character customisation options is literally the only thing we have. If you can't grind for it through heroics etc. then we're left with nothing to do.

Please re-consider. 32m was more than enough, it didn't need to change.

You're clueless. The server was dead and it died completely over the weekend following that stupid announcement from BS.

What the point of playing? PvP, operations.  Those things with the later being incredibly expensive unless you can play all day farming the credits. That is the end game.

What is going to cost more that you can buy from the cartel market? You don't end game, so you don't need augs or any high level crafted items. Cartel items have been cheap because everyone has been flooding the GTN with items from Cartel packs to try and fund doing end game/legacy unlocks while waiting for transfers.

Long term this was not viable and it has had diminishing returns for weeks as people have quit while waiting for transfers. 

Edited by TormentAU
  • Thanks 1

Playing the GTN isn't something that should exist. I've already made a post about that asking for re-selling to not be allowed.

If you don't buy off the GTN to actively promote that behavior then it doesn't affect you anyway, where is the issue?
It's a regional server where they also tried some fresh start, although it's still leaning heavily towards fresh start it is a regional server and to be perfectly honest it should have any different rules to the rest but thanks to fresh start players we do. 
It is a compromise I am willing to work through, so why are you guys not?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyGatt said:

This change just made it no longer a fresh start server and there are no reasons for these restrictions.

And this is awesome!
For a regional server should not have been made fresh start in the first place, this is not the thing to kill two birds with one stone on.

PvP hasn't lived, the server isn't old enough yet. OPS haven't been a thing for 5 years or so. That's expected.

Because people are leaving the server due to confusing rules and poor application.

Everyone that plays the game has already earned and spent their credits on those things. Of course they're going to run to the GTN and ruin the game for everybody else. 

Then once again what's the issue? you just said the GTN doesn't matter hahahah

Why do you think everyone is mad they can't bring their bought credits over?

Because we earned them! and we should not have to decide to move home on our new regional server and not bring credits over. Or stay where we are unhappy, I don't know why that's hard to understand.

just want what's best for the server and the people that play on it.

No you don't, you want what's best for you, as a fresh start person, if you cared for the people on the server, you should be rooting to us APAC players instead of making silly rules on transfers to suit... well you.
You want us to transfer in and make a new home so there is actually people on it, not make rules that keep them away.

58 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Send out another marketing Email to old APAC subscribers who aren’t currently subscribed. Offering 8 free transfers for 30 day subs or 16 free transfers for people who buy the 60 day subscription. 

If they did this without offering it to the ones that are subbed but not for the silly times, they stated it would drive some away... 
Other than that, it's a good idea, it should be all APAC region players. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Nommaz said:

If they did this without offering it to the ones that are subbed but not for the silly times, they stated it would drive some away... 
Other than that, it's a good idea, it should be all APAC region players. 

The easiest solution to that is to get rid of the silly subscription time gate they are artificially imposing on transfers 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello @JackieKo and @KeithKanneg

I just want to say a HUGE THANK YOU for listening and increasing the credit limits for Shae Vizla.

This correction you've announced has already rippled throughout the community and caused a great vibe today.

Many people I know , are once again going to resub (who cancelled their subs in protest over the weekend). I also know of a few friends who were coming back to the game when transfers opened, but based on the 2M credits, were not going to, so you've also ensured viability for returning old players.

So thank you! This has been a super controversial topic and there is heaps of criticisms floating around, it's nice to be able to be happy about something. Having 15M per character is absolutely a great start to ensuring the viability and long-term health of the server.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I think you may have misread.

Paying a sub for 30 days = 8 free transfers (which is $15)

Paying a sub for 60 days = 16 free transfers (which is $30)

Where does it say you get eight free transfers with a thirty-day subscription? If you subscribe today 3 months is $29.98 USD = $46.03 AUD If you want to transfer eight characters you have to pay 4k coins and to get 4k coins you need to pay $39.99USD for the 5500 coin pack that's =$60 AUD or did I miss something? So realistically returning Australian players are looking at $106AUD to transfer eight characters back on an active subscription 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JohnnyGatt said:

Where does it say you get eight free transfers with a thirty-day subscription?

It doesn't, but that would be a great compromise if they persist on the really silly sub's T&C

8 minutes ago, JohnnyGatt said:

Where does it say you get eight free transfers with a thirty-day subscription? If you subscribe today 3 months is $29.98 USD = $46.03 AUD If you want to transfer eight characters you have to pay 4k coins and to get 4k coins you need to pay $39.99USD for the 5500 coin pack that's =$60 AUD or did I miss something? So realistically returning Australian players are looking at $106AUD to transfer eight characters back on an active subscription 

It doesn't.
It is a suggestion that would be supported by many players who want to see players to be allowed to return without the unannounced time gate (nov 16th, now Jan 02).

e.g. subscribe by (future date)

• for 30 days get X free transfers
  • for 60 days get Y free transfers
  • for 90 days get Z free transfers

what X, Y and Z are, @TrixxieTriss has made suggestions, though I am sure they are not exactly requesting those numbers specifically.

Just there are many people (only current subscribers are able to post here) that are not on these forums that are unhappy with the back dated subscription requirement that BroadSword / @KeithKanneg have put on the free transfers.

The proposal allows players to return and transfer their legacy & main character(s) the longer the player commits the more they are given in free transfers to play more on the SV server and help it grow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, JohnnyGatt said:

It doesn’t, it was a suggestion I made. And yes I see your point on the conversion rate. They need to update the subscription fees to reflect the region & not make us pay in US dollars. They don’t make the Europeans pay in US dollars. I remember when we had the first APAC servers, the cost was in $AUD & was $15 per month. This really needs to be adjusted back to that now we have a regional server.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

41 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

It doesn’t, it was a suggestion I made. And yes I see your point on the conversion rate. They need to update the subscription fees to reflect the region & not make us pay in US dollars. They don’t make the Europeans pay in US dollars. I remember when we had the first APAC servers, the cost was in $AU & was $15 per month. This really needs to be adjusted back to that. 

I agree especially considering the limitations on this server and the transfers. SWTOR is $5+ a month More expensive than other larger MMO's (You know that big old MMO that's been going for 20 years and has numerous local servers Including Fresh Start and Classic) and even more expensive than a premium Netflix subscription. 

5 minutes ago, JohnnyGatt said:

I agree especially considering the limitations on this server and the transfers. SWTOR is $5+ a month More expensive than other larger MMO's (You know that big old MMO that's been going for 20 years and has numerous local servers Including Fresh Start and Classic) and even more expensive than a premium Netflix subscription. 

I had not thought of it like that.

it is a very good point considering how APAC has been treated though this. BS needs to realise what a knife edge they are running on.

I watch Apple TV shows, and the executive producers are sitting down doing hour long podcasts breaking down each episode and discussing it. doing this I think this is good community involvement. Yet here we are, paying more per month, we get giant spans of silence, announcements that get the players up in arms, then the game director doubles down and guts the APAC community.

No.

@KeithKanneg you said you were thrilled to bring back a regional server for APAC player. Step up and do it, stop messing about with restrictions and do it.

Make the new fresh Start Server with all the restrictions, Players around the world have been asking for that for some time, BroadSword obviously want it also. Build it in NA where you can be confident you'll have the player base to support it.

Be upfront and clear with the plans for SWTOR.

• Like 1

Thank you BS for being more accommodating to APAC players who are excited to finally have a home after 10+ years. While I personally feel the revised amount isn't enough to set guilds up it is a good start. Time to get the packing boxes ready and move into our shiny new server.

• Like 1