10 Years of GSF soon. Does Broadsword have any plans there?

DakhathKilrathi

20 hours ago, Caleb_Nokama said:

They could've gotten an unbelievable amount of money out of me for GSF space barbie customizations by now, no mechanical changes necessary. That's the part boggling me here: GSF could easily be a gold mine for a company with almost zero effort, and yet here we are.

They'd print so much money with GSF, had they invested just a few more dev hours to it.   

Imagine if they had made an actual, in-game hangar for your Starfighters. Place where  your character actually enters, where you  get to stare at them at peace. That alone would have been huge incentice for people to pay cc for ship customization. Including people who don't even  like gsf.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2023 at 10:17 AM, DakhathKilrathi said:

Low key? I took it as pretty high key honestly. That they moved this thread here but not the PTS threads to the PTS section is very much intended to say we should go back to our corner and shut up. 

I posted it in General because, as you said, it's a general discussion topic. It's not about GSF mechanics or anything - or it wasn't meant to be, thanks joystick complainers - but about what we might see in the rest of the game related to it. Even just a throwaway customization on the vendor would be nice. Aren't there a couple of customizations that don't work? Maybe they could fix those. 

As funny as it prolly is,fate of this thread  was actually the last straw for me.  Once BS/BW deems  GSF is so trivial and detached from rest of the game that such general purpose thread has no place in general discussion, I take the hint.  I believe they have 0 plans to invest a single dollar or  one minute  to anything GSF related ever again.

In my books, GSF is the only part of this game worth  paying money for. Can't justify a monthly sub to support live development that has  nothing to do with bits of game I care about.

Bye all! Stradlin/Cainin/Sarastus/million other names out. o7

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Stradlin said:

As funny as it prolly is,fate of this thread  was actually the last straw for me.  Once BS/BW deems  GSF is so trivial and detached from rest of the game that such general purpose thread has no place in general discussion, I take the hint.  I believe they have 0 plans to invest a single dollar or  one minute  to anything GSF related ever again.

In my books, GSF is the only part of this game worth  paying money for. Can't justify a monthly sub to support live development that has  nothing to do with bits of game I care about.

Bye all! Stradlin/Cainin/Sarastus/million other names out. o7

I'm sorry to see you go, but I really don't blame you or anyone else. That they moved this thread here but  not "COMING 7.4 GTN CHANGES ON THE PTS" to the PTS subforum speaks volumes. The PTS thread is just as much about PTS content as this thread is about GSF content. Sometimes it feels like we're not allowed to even mention GSF outside of this subforum.

@JackieKo Just pinging as a reminder that this subforum (and this part of the community) exists. Even if the answer is "no, sorry, we have other priorities right now" the acknowledgement would still go a long way. Most of our chatter happens in the unofficial Discord server, but we're nowhere near dead and gone. 

Edited by DakhathKilrathi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1