344 gear... why?

TheRandomno

15 hours ago, OlBuzzard said:

Regardless of what the new level is ... I just want it to be more accessible!

As do I.   They had a graphic in the stream, toward the end of that segment.    "Rakata gear from all types of play" or something to that effect.

I'm curious what they'll do for that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, juliushorst said:

They tried to make the  game more raiding-focused in 7.0 and it was a catastrophe. I can't blame them for abandoning the idea of making content that will be enjoyed by a very small portion of their playerbase. You don't see many players with gear going above 336 which means even VM isn't very popular.

The catastrophe was hyping up 7.0 as good expansion with content, when all they did in 7.0 release was a lousy fp that many couldn't finish because of bugs, an hour of story was it? combat styles and a treadmill of boring gearing with old content that sounds familiar to....  now.

R4 as a whole is not popular, because they already conditioned the new players that smashing your head against the keyboard is enough, and because of that very few players make the transition from sleep mode content to normal and hm.
R4 is easy, and hm even borderline boring due to overgearing and nerfs. The only "hard" part about r4 hm for groups is that bosses have personal responsibilities so is harder to carry dead weight/below the skill of the rest of the team, and one of the 8 teammates can be screwing the progression of teams. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darev said:

As do I.   They had a graphic in the stream, toward the end of that segment.    "Rakata gear from all types of play" or something to that effect.

I'm curious what they'll do for that.

I just wish some folks would get over this constant bickering over what kind of gear I'm after.  Good grief.  I'm only engaged in PvE ... not PvP.   Just let me get my hands on that upscaled gear and stop gating EVERY SINGLE thing we want to play this game effectively and efficiently!

Unfortunately, it seems like getting gear IS STILL the primary game content!  I admit that some of it has improved...  but still too many gates.  Some tend to be hidden.

🤦‍♂️

"Will this never end?" (to borrow a quote)

BTW...  anyone heard anything about the live stream from yesterday being posted so that some of us can still watch it.  I'd like to be able to see it for myself (if that's not too much trouble).

Edited by OlBuzzard
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

R4 as a whole is not popular, because they already conditioned the new players that smashing your head against the keyboard is enough, and because of that very few players make the transition from sleep mode content to normal and hm.

They want engagement. You can make people put a little effort for a long time or a lot of effort for a short time. HM is not compatible with what they want - people will put effort into learning the operation, complete it and be burned out. If they want people to put hours into the game and keep returning - appealing to casual players with seasons, conquest, daily areas, cosmetics and easy content is the way.

The gear grind is still too messy as I see it.  For casuals, even permanent casuals like myself, if the gear falls in my lap I'll put it on. If I have to do Ops - forget it.  I don't even go near the two guys on fleet - I find it confusing.

I'd like to see a return to mods, armorings and enhancements and an inclusive ability to craft useful pieces....not all locked behind Ops.  No problem Ops being a fast track way to get pieces but crafting should be a slower but worthwhile way of doing the same thing.

The GTN was a vibrant place to trade once upon a time but now they can faff around with it all they like but if there is nothing worthwhile to trade it will be a wasted exercise.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, juliushorst said:

They want engagement. You can make people put a little effort for a long time or a lot of effort for a short time. HM is not compatible with what they want - people will put effort into learning the operation, complete it and be burned out. If they want people to put hours into the game and keep returning - appealing to casual players with seasons, conquest, daily areas, cosmetics and easy content is the way.

You clearly have no idea how much time end game raiders spent on the game doing operations and their playtime will dwarf what you think the have, and the time they used mastering every single class and spec.
They don't want engagement, they want people to do the same old content with almost no work on their part and call it "content", something that has been happening since 4.0 with dvl. What's funny is that some people think that is content and that actually requieres work on dev side, and then gobble that freemium mobile practices as if it was good

Edited by xxSHOONYxx

13 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

You clearly have no idea how much time end game raiders spent on the game doing operations and their playtime will dwarf what you think the have, and the time they used mastering every single class and spec.
They don't want engagement, they want people to do the same old content with almost no work on their part and call it "content", something that has been happening since 4.0 with dvl

Nailed it.

We've been going around in circles for years running the same content. From my understanding they're introducing something on the starter planets, Ord Mantell for example, that usually translates to, we're using older content, we'll give it a facelift, call it new content and release it. This upgrade is nothing more than a retread to force people into running the same tired content as in previous years, with very little sprinkled in. The main goal here to try and keep people subscribed.

3 hours ago, hillerbees said:

The gear grind is still too messy as I see it.  For casuals, even permanent casuals like myself, if the gear falls in my lap I'll put it on. If I have to do Ops - forget it.  I don't even go near the two guys on fleet - I find it confusing.

I'd like to see a return to mods, armorings and enhancements and an inclusive ability to craft useful pieces....not all locked behind Ops.  No problem Ops being a fast track way to get pieces but crafting should be a slower but worthwhile way of doing the same thing.

The GTN was a vibrant place to trade once upon a time but now they can faff around with it all they like but if there is nothing worthwhile to trade it will be a wasted exercise.

Considering "two guys on fleet" give you exactly what you want - mods, armoring, and enhancements - you may want to take the time to figure them out. And you can complete their quests without doing ops. The best thing - you only need to do it on ONE toon, and then you can mail/transfer said mods to your entire legacy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VegaMist said:

Considering "two guys on fleet" give you exactly what you want - mods, armoring, and enhancements - you may want to take the time to figure them out. And you can complete their quests without doing ops. The best thing - you only need to do it on ONE toon, and then you can mail/transfer said mods to your entire legacy.

Two toons. One tech-based (for barrels) and one force-based (for hilts).

2 hours ago, TziganeNZ said:

You can get barrels on a Force user or at least you used to. You have to choose a display all option to do that (i.e. your class/discipline option set to show all).

Unless this was changed for 7.3, it should work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TziganeNZ said:

One toon. You can get everything on one toon. Just need to select "All" in the drop down. 

52 minutes ago, Kendaric said:

You can get barrels on a Force user or at least you used to. You have to choose a display all option to do that (i.e. your class/discipline option set to show all).

Unless this was changed for 7.3, it should work.

Nothing was changed - it's still the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SWTOR has a history of making players somewhat overpowered for the hardest Ops bosses toward the latter parts of an expansion cycle. Gold augments were originally released for similar purposes. 

This allows players/teams who have trouble with MM Ops to progress through the encounters they otherwise can't, in some cases. 

I'm not sure I agree this time around, because my impression is there's a lot fewer players doing the harder Ops content now than even in 6.x a few years ago, let alone when the game had a much larger player base in the first few years after launch (through 4.x basically). 

Then again, maybe some people who've stuck around, finally got into Ops just want their achievements, and this helps get them. 

If you find it makes Ops too easy for your teams, just don't use the highest tier gear after 7.4 when running Ops. 

Edited by arunav

Pointless. This gear meta (7.X) was garbage and adding ratings to it does not make it better.

This is not Ossus, this is way worst. Ossus at least brought Nim gods, a new lair boss, crafting and gold augments from that time were not even that old.

We are still in 6.x crafting system with consumables and augments that only get more behind with each of these irating increases.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Balameb said:

Pointless. This gear meta (7.X) was garbage and adding ratings to it does not make it better.

This is not Ossus, this is way worst. Ossus at least brought Nim gods, a new lair boss, crafting and gold augments from that time were not even that old.

We are still in 6.x crafting system with consumables and augments that only get more behind with each of these irating increases.

lol grind for Ossus 258's was far worse. Farming the same 2 world bosses 20+ times every reset day (24 man at that) was far worse then the current system. People can upgrade as fast or as slow as they want. If they bother at all.

Edited by Toraak
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Toraak said:

lol grind for Ossus 258's was far worse. Farming the same 2 world bosses 20+ times every reset day (24 man at that) was far worse then the current system. People can upgrade as fast or as slow as they want. If they bother at all.

Sure, tell me. Where did i said Ossus grind/time was better?

Now, that bolded part isa bit more in line to what i was actually talking.

35 minutes ago, Toraak said:

Ossus gearing was miles ahead of this, not only with a new op difficulty but with a lair boss that gave a reason for a new tier of gear, but it gave casuals and hardcore players something to do together probably for first time, unless my memory fails. 

This is nothing else than trying to keep people busy by doing nothing on their end and call it content. Max ilvl should have not increased unless new actual content was released, they are mocking their dwindling player base and some are ok with it. 

One of the annoying aspects whenever these types of threads pop up is you get players telling me what I should and should not enjoy in game, how I should enjoy content, what is engaging and meaningful, etc. With respect, I'm quite capable of making those decisions myself. 

I like pushing boundaries as a solo player in Vet and Master Mode Flashpoints, Uprisings, Chapters, etc., on all classes and combat styles. Raising the Ilvl of gear available equates to my attempting and affording me the opportunity to tackle new challenges and will keep me subscribed longer.

From my perspective, this is a very wise business strategy on Broadsword / SWTOR's part. Some people just enjoy chasing BiS even if they don't need it. If you don't want the higher Ilvl gear, don't get it. It's really that simple.

Bottom line: I neither need nor desire people telling me whether or not I'm actually having fun or what I consider content.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast
Stupid typos!
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2