Dev Live Stream Oct. 18th

BallisticKaine

46 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

As far as population for pvp goes, wow announced an 8 v 8 ranked mode and they just added it to their test server. Ppl were reporting back that there wasn't enough players to fill the games 😂😂

Sure, but making sweeping announcements like MMO’s don’t have the population for PvP is such a ridiculous statement that it needed to be countered.

This example of WoW adding 8v8 ranked after 19 years since the game first launched is cringe worthy development. Like honestly, did the WoW devs engage their PvP community to see if this would work or was it just a brain fart?

The problem isn’t that MMO’s don’t have the population or even the right population. It’s that developers in these games are ruining their own PvP eco systems trying to be too much like a MOBA or FPS to attract a different player type or set to their MMO’s. But all this does is drive MMO pvpers away from it because that’s not what they want. 

If I want to play a MOBA or FPS type game, I’ll go play one. But I don’t find those types of pvp engaging & prefer MMO style pvp. Sadly, the devs of these games are ruining this type of pvp themselves which makes people not want to play it. So they go looking for other forms of pvp. I’ve personally been playing flight sim type pvp & revisiting some old RTS pvp. But I’d love BioSword to just fix the swtor pvp eco systems instead. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lord_Malganus said:

Tomorrow it will be interesting to see how much of the planned 5 hours of "live stream" is actually "Live"

and

If questions (if even allowed) deemed off topic result in the Ban Hammer getting dropped again.

5 hours ?? You can’t be serious ? Surely they have better things to do 🤷🏻‍♀️. I know I certainly won’t be watching 5 hours 😂

Edited by TrixxieTriss

11 minutes ago, Lord_Malganus said:

Tomorrow it will be interesting to see how much of the planned 5 hours of "live stream" is actually "Live"

and

If questions (if even allowed) deemed off topic result in the Ban Hammer getting dropped again.

5 hours of live stream?  You are being sarcastic, correct?  And I still don't get the complaints about live streams not being "live."   The past two livestreams have been well over 50% live.  So what if the devs have some pre-recorded presentations and trailers?  All that matters is the information the live stream presents, regardless of whether that info is presented live or in pre-recorded format.

I fully expect people will get banned from Twitch chat if they spam the same questions over and over when the devs don't want to answer them.  The dev team's lead producer finally came clean about R4 MM no longer in development (a.k.a. cancelled) after the last live stream but it really leaves bad feelings when the devs handle things that way.  However this time I can't think of any outstanding commitments the devs have like that.  If PvP'ers decide to spam chat with complaints about PvP then they'll probably get banned too.  Not too hard to predict considering the devs previous live streams behavior.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lord_Malganus said:

and

Then don't spam the chat with the same question over and over again.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lord_Malganus said:

and

Dude it's not 5 hours. The "1:30pm CT/6:30pm UTC" is supposed to denote time zones. 1:30pm US Central Time and 6:30pm Coordinated Universal Time

• Like 1

i don't know what i would like best.

if the last stream was live (of course just parts), it would have been an very
unprofessional behavior and just shows, that they give a s**t about the
paying community. 

if it was pre-recorded you could understand, that they couldn't react to
all the open questsions, about brokes promises and other important things
and you could say, that there just was an trainee with no medial and social
skills, who moderated the chat, with nearly no knowledge about the tools
twitch gives you and how twitch flows at all. 

so if you say it was live, i kinda would see it as a harassment.

Edited by fabsus
  • Haha 1

I would love to hear if they have any plan to revive crafting. Since the 80 level cap, medipacs are useless because of the character HP increase and the medipacs don't adjust to the area level (they used to...), and there is no node to be found on Ruhnuk and Manaan (at least bioanalyze wise, I only did these stories on one toon so far).

Maybe one of many reasons for inflation (crafting in this case) is the dim amount of "free" level 11 nodes, and thus the need to spend good amount of credits to get them (I guess people spend more time on Ruhnuk and Manann than Mek Sha and Onderon). And just like any "business", the production cost is passed to the customer.

So: any plan to "boost" the medipacs and to have mat nodes on the new planets (and from droids/beasts) ?

On 10/14/2023 at 1:11 AM, SoyElSenado said:

There’s no incentive to PvP and to actually try to win more importantly, even with the PvP seasons thing.

I disagree. I don't really like PVP but I engage because I like the rewards. If I win, it means I need to do less PVP to get my rewards, both from missions and from seasonal track, so I try my best to win.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fabsus said:

i don't know what i would like best.

if the last stream was live (of course just parts), it would have been an very
unprofessional behavior and just shows, that they give a s**t about the
paying community. 

if it was pre-recorded you could understand, that they couldn't react to
all the open questsions, about brokes promises and other important things
and you could say, that there just was an trainee with no medial and social
skills, who moderated the chat, with nearly no knowledge about the tools
twitch gives you and how twitch flows at all. 

The way I see it the devs do live streams to promote the upcoming content.  They want it to be a positive experience that generates excitement for the new content.  If that is what the devs want then it makes sense that they don't respond to chat questions about problems with the game or other player complaints because it would detract from their goal to maintain a positive atmosphere in the live stream.  I get that you and many other players want the devs to answer tough questions about the current health of SWTOR and what future plans are beyond the upcoming content.  I just think that many players have expectations of the dev live stream presentations that are not in alignment with the devs' live stream objectives.  

That being said I do hope the R4 MM inquiries and resulting Twitch chat bans in the last live stream helped the dev team realize they need to do a better job of anticipating player issues that will come up and have a plan in place for how they will handle.  Twitch chat bans are effective for the live stream but that does end up generating even more player angst when players are banned for asking questions that many players want answers to.

16 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Sure, but making sweeping announcements like MMO’s don’t have the population for PvP is such a ridiculous statement that it needed to be countered.

How is it ridiculous and how was it refuted?
Competitive games thrive on a mmr that works, start with an avarage mmr and if you are bad you go down and if you are good you go up in the ladder playing with people with the same mmr you have at the moment of queueing until on both cases you play with people of your actual skill with a 50-50 chace of winning until you get better and start climbing the ladder. An mmo can have a pvp mode for fun an as a side activity, but it will never be fair or truly competitive and an actual matchmaking queue will not work due to lack of players, in any mmo.  

The times i pvped i was 90% left angry after the match even when i won because of how bad some people were, and i am far from even a decent pvper, and other times you would see a group of 3-4 Death Smile members in shadowlands/star forge and you already knew the team they were in won, before a second of the match passed.
No one enjoys getting stomped, it leads to people afk for rewards or straight out staying out of it completely, some people enjoy feeling like gods and superior to others, but it gets old fast too.
You don't start playing chess and on your first match you can get Magnus Carlsen. Both sides will have less intention to play again, which is why smurf acounts on competitive games are often frowned upon

Edited by xxSHOONYxx

6 hours ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

How is it ridiculous and how was it refuted?
Competitive games thrive on a mmr that works, start with an avarage mmr and if you are bad you go down and if you are good you go up in the ladder playing with people with the same mmr you have at the moment of queueing until on both cases you play with people of your actual skill with a 50-50 chace of winning until you get better and start climbing the ladder. An mmo can have a pvp mode for fun an as a side activity, but it will never be fair or truly competitive and an actual matchmaking queue will not work due to lack of players, in any mmo.  

The times i pvped i was 90% left angry after the match even when i won because of how bad some people were, and i am far from even a decent pvper, and other times you would see a group of 3-4 Death Smile members in shadowlands/star forge and you already knew the team they were in won, before a second of the match passed.
No one enjoys getting stomped, it leads to people afk for rewards or straight out staying out of it completely, some people enjoy feeling like gods and superior to others, but it gets old fast too.
You don't start playing chess and on your first match you can get Magnus Carlsen. Both sides will have less intention to play again, which is why smurf acounts on competitive games are often frowned upon

When did you start playing swtor PvP? I’ve been playing for 11 years, so I’ve seen the good times & the bad times. And while now is certainly a terrible time. There was a period of really fun & exciting PvP in this game. Right up to 4.x before the dark times, before BioWare ruined it. So much so that we even had proper open world pvp on non pvp centric servers in Section X. Something that would never happen now since BioWare ruined the pvp eco systems in this game, starting with 5.0 &  continuing to now. It was then ruining the pvp eco system that’s driven pvp players from the game. It had nothing to do with actual population numbers.

18 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

When did you start playing swtor PvP? I’ve been playing for 11 years, so I’ve seen the good times & the bad times. And while now is certainly a terrible time. There was a period of really fun & exciting PvP in this game. Right up to 4.x before the dark times, before BioWare ruined it. So much so that we even had proper open world pvp on non pvp centric servers in Section X. Something that would never happen now since BioWare ruined the pvp eco systems in this game, starting with 5.0 &  continuing to now. It was then ruining the pvp eco system that’s driven pvp players from the game. It had nothing to do with actual population numbers.

From 1.0 to 4.0, with a bit of open world in illum, section x to attack groups doing dreadtooth, tatooine, and little bit of ranked in 4.0 since they removed ops and stayed around for a little while before quitting for years. And as i said i would get angry at the end of every match 90% because i couldn't believe how bad some people were, so never touched it again when i came back to play. Swtor pvp could have been fun at one point for some, but to me it was never was good at a competitive standpoint, but no other mmo is good at it either because it lacks the population to be competitive. 

52 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

From 1.0 to 4.0, with a bit of open world in illum, section x to attack groups doing dreadtooth, tatooine, and little bit of ranked in 4.0 since they removed ops and stayed around for a little while before quitting for years. And as i said i would get angry at the end of every match 90% because i couldn't believe how bad some people were, so never touched it again when i came back to play. Swtor pvp could have been fun at one point for some, but to me it was never was good at a competitive standpoint, but no other mmo is good at it either because it lacks the population to be competitive. 

If you thought people were bad then, you definitely don’t want to see it now 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

one of the things that really bothered me about this "live stream" was when they started posting the redemption codes for the jetpack and as soon as anybod tried to use it, it errored out saying that "it was already redeemed". and when it was mentioned in the chat, the so called "admin" reposted the same worthless codes!! i tried to open a ticket and guess what.. they told me to go to the "developers forums and post a suggestion". did i miss something on that?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Pale_Star said:

one of the things that really bothered me about this "live stream" was when they started posting the redemption codes for the jetpack and as soon as anybod tried to use it, it errored out saying that "it was already redeemed". and when it was mentioned in the chat, the so called "admin" reposted the same worthless codes!! i tried to open a ticket and guess what.. they told me to go to the "developers forums and post a suggestion".

did i miss something on that?

You are not alone--> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/931669-redeem-code-for-mando-jetpack-not-working/

8 hours ago, Pale_Star said:

did i miss something on that?

5 hours ago, Lord_Malganus said:

The fact the codes were not verified to work are not surprising at all.

The codes did work, they were just one-time use. That's why they posted multiple. I also wasn't fast enough and stopped trying after the third, because it was distracting me from the stream and tbh I don't even care for the jetpack. They definitely should have done it differently, but it did work as intended. 

Yours funny. They obviously did not work as intended because miffing off a bunch of stream watchers by posting codes that only super fast chat botters could get would totally get past the PR department.. Unless they didn't even bother to think how this comes across to those that actually heard that they were going to be given away on stream not as fixed lottery rng but as actual redeemable codes watchers could use. Seeing as they have not even addressed it themselves after multiple threads and Support Tickets just raises red flags. I mean even if they say that they simple were actually one time codes but will make it up to us by adding it to the Seasons/Promo vendor for tokens would be a step forwards.

13 minutes ago, Felinous said:

Seeing as they have not even addressed it themselves after multiple threads and Support Tickets just raises red flags.

They don't respond to support tickets because it's not a bug, it's a one time code. 

14 minutes ago, Felinous said:

I mean even if they say that they simple were actually one time codes but will make it up to us by adding it to the Seasons/Promo vendor for tokens would be a step forwards.

Those community rewards are given away at multiple different occasions, you will have your chance to get that jetpack. The Opal Vulptilla for example started as a ultra rare reward and has become quite common over the years. 

• Like 1