Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

ANOTHER CARTEL MARKET SET AND MOUNT, ARE YOU FUDGING KIDDING ME?!

felleto

1 hour ago, HeatRacer said:

Why? Were you forced to buy it or something? 

Adding stuff to the CM is cool.

Only adding stuff to the CM is meh. At least we have the GS armor set, but the only (non repu) new things we have had in a while has been the Interpreter's Retreat sets.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Quendorite said:

Adding stuff to the CM is cool.

Only adding stuff to the CM is meh. At least we have the GS armor set, but the only (non repu) new things we have had in a while has been the Interpreter's Retreat sets.

The new Seasons track this week also includes new armor, weapons, mounts, and decorations we don't even have to pay for, so I don't get what you're complaining about. 😒 New CM additions have usually been released with every update for a long time now.

2 hours ago, HeatRacer said:

Why? Were you forced to buy it or something? 

No, I just pay a subscription every month and I feel the armor sets I have access to are lackluster (galactic seasons, pvp season etc.). The pit boss set from 2 SEASONS AGO is still bugged on my female character and it shows black forearms because they couldn't be bothered programming new content properly. 

To add insult to injury, other cartel market items (which I have acquired) are still bugged with no fix in sigh and yet we keep having them add new stuff to the Cartel market, knowing full well that it is bugged but still choosing to sell it anyway. Can I ask for a refund? I don't think so. It's just scummy business practice after another. 

It's nothing but another slap in the face of the playerbase of this game. Last time the Cartel Market was bugged they fixed it WITHIN HOURS. Just goes to show where their priorities are. But that's what's wrong with this game. People who actually cared and wanted a good game already left because they realized this ship has already sailed. We will keep getting CM update after CM update while having a content drop ever 6 to 7 months or so. 

You get the game you deserve I guess. 

1 minute ago, HeatRacer said:

The new Seasons track this week also includes new armor, weapons, mounts, and decorations we don't even have to pay for, so I don't get what you're complaining about. 😒 New CM additions have usually been released with every update for a long time now.

I'm not complaining. As I said, adding stuff to the CM is cool, and the GS adds a new armor. Reread my message.

22 minutes ago, Quendorite said:

Isn't it just a reskin? God forbid rep. vendors actually sell a cool looking set. Last time was Ruhnuk and I praised the game when it happened.

1 minute ago, felleto said:

Isn't it just a reskin? God forbid rep. vendors actually sell a cool looking set. Last time was Ruhnuk and I praised the game when it happened.

What I found kind of cheap is that we have... Ehem... Eight? sets, but there are only... Four? variations.

In the past it made sense to have a set per class because they gave stats, etc, but nowadays they are only cosmetic. The players that don't bother with H&Z are those who don't bother about stats, so if you are going to sell cosmetic sets, don't just repeat them, imo.

4 minutes ago, Quendorite said:

What I found kind of cheap is that we have... Ehem... Eight? sets, but there are only... Four? variations.

In the past it made sense to have a set per class because they gave stats, etc, but nowadays they are only cosmetic. The players that don't bother with H&Z are those who don't bother about stats, so if you are going to sell cosmetic sets, don't just repeat them, imo.

They can't spend time developing new sets for a reputation vendor. Got to have at least 7 new sets for Cartel Market each patch, you crazy?! When are they going to find time to develop that and still not make extra money off of those. Our EA overlords do not approve. 

• Thanks 1

I don't see the problem.  I rarely buy the cartel crap, since I tend to just use my favorite dozen or so over and over, but what is wrong with giving players choices?

The game is a business, they want to make money, and shiny cosmetic stuff that NO ONE NEEDS is one way to make money.

It is a lot less time and effort to reskin some armors (a lot of armor pieces are just reskins, even if the chestpiece is unique) or mounts then to give us more actual content.  No gamebreaking bugs from cartel stuff either, so a lot less testing involved before the new stuff goes live.

2 hours ago, felleto said:

They can't spend time developing new sets for a reputation vendor. Got to have at least 7 new sets for Cartel Market each patch, you crazy?! When are they going to find time to develop that and still not make extra money off of those. Our EA overlords do not approve. 

They added quite a few sets in 7.3 in the new level 80 area on Voss. Pieces drop in the Shrine of Silence flashpoint or they can be bought from a vendor. It's not the same as a reputation, but they are new sets you can get by playing.

Edited by ThanderSnB

I have had cartel coins I haven't had any reason to spend for quite awhile.   I like the new Beskar Jetpack, the sabers, and the "light" tuning, so I bought them and unlocked them for the account.   first time in a LONG time I've bought anything direct from the CM.....we're talking over 7 years at least.

On 9/8/2023 at 2:57 PM, felleto said:

and yet we keep having them add new stuff to the Cartel market,

Swag is the way of things. There's a set of a bed, carpet, couple outfits, and two lamps currently available on the bazaar (cartel market) for Conan Exiles. Twenty bucks, it's yours. Oh, and they were generous, they lowered the price to 1500-something crom coins (cartel coins), so lowered it to the cost of a large pizza delivered (without the tip).  Couldn't afford it, but they also have the bed broken out by itself for 750 crom coins, That I picked up.

I don't think any company — EA, Funcom, or others — will let a silly thing like functionality get in the way of shipping more goods. They keep those shelves stocked with goodies for a reason. Forget their subscription costs. Games are platforms for selling stuff.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 2:57 PM, felleto said:

Just goes to show where their priorities are.

where, exactly, does this tell you their priorities are?

I ask this as a person who gave up on end game activities like OPs and FPs years ago out of shear boredom and lack of new content. they then "spiced things up" with GS crap that sends you off to do random SM grinds on (literally) decade's old content. they "updated" pvp with seasons that turned a naturally competitive game mode into a hamster wheel grind copy of GS. I'd say about the only thing they DO prioritize is dumping more gear into the CM and scouring the forum for users who circumvent their ridiculously "progressive" censorship ideology (that reminds me, you'll prolly see this thread deleted on Monday for the title 😄 - only partially joking).

never ask for anything in this game...for fear they will give it to you (hackneyed and indiscernible...but nevertheless done at your request).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darev said:

I have had cartel coins I haven't had any reason to spend for quite awhile…. first time in a LONG time I've bought anything direct from the CM.....we're talking over 7 years at least.

You must have a lot of CC then 😉

Edited by TrixxieTriss

1 hour ago, OlBuzzard said:

I'm personally sitting on a fair amount (none of which I purchased).

As for the CM ... what else is there?

Maybe one day ???  

(Thinks seriously for a moment)

NAH!!!

Same. I’ve mostly been unsubbed now for 16 months since 7.0 landed. Except just 2 months sub for 7.3 & I’m sitting on 16k’s worth of CC that I got while subbed. 

2 hours ago, sharpenedstick said:

I don't begrudge them trying to make some money from the cartel market. I want SWTOR to survive, and for that to happen, the game has to generate not just revenue, but profit.

The problem is, I have very little faith that they will reinvest any of money earned in the game.

If they stopped driving subscribers away, this wouldn’t even be an issue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sharpenedstick said:

I don't begrudge them trying to make some money from the cartel market. I want SWTOR to survive, and for that to happen, the game has to generate not just revenue, but profit.

The problem is, I have very little faith that they will reinvest any of money earned in the game.

to reinvest in the game there need to earn money for it first and since the money we spent go's to the wrong place there cant reinvest at all.

so there need to chance that first and we all know for sure that its not going to happing at all.

8 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Same. I’ve mostly been unsubbed now for 16 months since 7.0 landed. Except just 2 months sub for 7.3 & I’m sitting on 16k’s worth of CC that I got while subbed. 

about the same amount, but I spent the 8K for the items and the unlocks.     Not quite as much on account 2, but still more than I spent on account 1

8 hours ago, sharpenedstick said:

Yeah, I don't get the complaints either. They are adding stuff to the game that's in line with new star wars content that's being released on TV. They'd be dumb not to try and capitalize on that. It does bring old players back and new players as well. Retaining those players is a different story but u have to use the tools at ur disposal. 

Edited by Samcuu
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

Yeah, I don't get the complaints either. They are adding stuff to the game that's in line with new star wars content that's being released on TV. They'd be dumb not to try and capitalize on that. It does bring old players back and new players as well. Retaining those players is a different story but u have to use the tools at ur disposal. 

let me try to explane it to you.

if there add only more cartal market stuff in the game and not focus on the other parts of the game like give it good contant or fixing some bugs is for once and do other things the game really needs so hard and only focus on adding new stuff in the cartal market then you get this type complains.

and most old players come also back if there fix the game is good and give it some love it needs then only keep there focus on the cartal market.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.