SWTOR to begin moving servers to the cloud beginning August 15th!

JackieKo

Very interesting.  The only thing required is to "restart" the servers and voilá, servers will be transitioned to the cloud, except for Leviathan for some reason.

Thanks to those who corrected me.  Obviously should have taken more time to use my reading comprehension skills.  😅  Good luck to Leviathan players on August 15!  Show us the way to the cloud!

Edited by Char_Ell
correction

Just now, Char_Ell said:

Very interesting.  The only thing required is to "restart" the servers and voilá, servers will be transitioned to the cloud, except for Leviathan for some reason.

Pretty sure the Leviathan will be the first one transferred to the cloud, hence the long downtime. Everything else is just restarting quickly but not being transferred to the cloud at the time.

Presumably after the Leviathan is switched over they'll move on to the next server and all the other ones will restart again for a second 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

huumm.. this is...something to think about...
"Once finalized, SWTOR may be capable to extend its servers capabilities to reach new players"

how can server capabilities could reach new players ?
Servers are far from being full...Will they improve the game enough to reach new players ? I think there is something here.. but mabye I'm wrong...On reddit, someone reminds me that's for apac players ;). I think he's right.

Edited by Kazuone

27 minutes ago, Kazuone said:

huumm.. this is...something to think about...
"Once finalized, SWTOR may be capable to extend its servers capabilities to reach new players"

how can server capabilities could reach new players ?

They mentioned months ago that they were considering adding a new server for the APAC region. That’s only possible if they migrate to AWS. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

24 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

They mentioned months ago that they were considering adding a new server for the APAC region. That’s only possible if they migrate to AWS. 

IMO ... the main thing is that EVERYONE gets better service.  If not ... then what's the point?  (a few more dollars saved?)  Perhaps ... Perhaps not.  

@Lord_Malganus ... probably a good assessment!  Nothing wrong with the down time.  I personally appreciate the heads up for everyone.  I'm almost certain it won't bother me that much since I'm not playing that often these days.  

To the team ...(and everyone) I do hope this works out better for all of us!

21 minutes ago, felleto said:

I don't even know what this means but LESSS GOOO!!! 

Same.

Because Broadsword is light on details ( for obvious reasons ) , i still can't figure out if this move is a good thing or bad thing.  Good sign or bad sign.  Good for the database or bad.

And the hard part is, none of us will know either way until probably around December. :cool:

Edited by Nee-Elder
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Same.

Because Broadsword is light on details ( for obvious reasons ) , i still can't figure out if this move is a good thing or bad thing.  Good sign or bad sign.  Good for the database or bad.

And the hard part is, none of us will know either way until probably around December. :cool:

It should be better in the long run because they will be on better hardware. But I do expect there will be teething problems at the start. There always is & I wouldn’t be surprised if some really unfortunate things go wrong till they work out the kinks.

• Like 2

I am hoping for the return of a more west coast friendly cloud server out of this heres hoping for one of the servers moved to the cloud in the us they will use central or west coast based aws cloud server and stop screwing over west coast players. Or that by moving to the cloud on east coast the route my isp takes to get there hopefully changes so i get better service(this being much more unlikely cause east coast but one can hope) If not ill probably end up quitting cause the constant random disconnects simply because of the servers location is really irritating.

Edited by vancaos

I'm just imagining the players of Leviathan happily having a party sitting on the cloud with a harp in their hands. ☁️😉

I keep my fingers crossed for the SWTOR team that it goes well and smoothly.🙂

Edited by Sylvannai
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nee-Elder said:

Same.

1 hour ago, TrixxieTriss said:

It should be better in the long run because they will be on better hardware. But I do expect there will be teething problems at the start. There always is & I wouldn’t be surprised if some really unfortunate things go wrong till they work out the kinks.

As long as it works for EVERYONE !!!  And (for whatever it's worth) ... @TrixxieTriss you're probably right (again).  Probably a skinned knee or two along the way!  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and see what shakes out.  

Edited by OlBuzzard
error !! (oops)

3 hours ago, OlBuzzard said:

@Lord_Malganus ... probably a good assessment!  Nothing wrong with the down time.  I personally appreciate the heads up for everyone.  I'm almost certain it won't bother me that much since I'm not playing that often these days.  

Same here. Went back to Wow with a big group of friends and having a great time!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.