Is anyone actually working on PvP?

TheVoyant

It's literally a genuine question, it feels awful to play any of the game modes in comparison to what it was.
It's no skill, the maps themselves are unstable, people are getting kicked from matches right before wins, the AoE DR & soft stun issues we warned you guys about on the PTS before LotS are STILL there. Can we write a letter to the head of Broadsword?

What options do we genuinely have to keep the game we love and want to see flourish have a chance?
You guys won't be honest with us, you blame and point the finger at us for being mean or rude to you guys whenever we try to hold you accountable to do your jobs?

You look at the previous patches in the 7.0 and it provides no level of confidence in anything moving forward.

All n all we would have been happy with you guys going on maintenance mode in 6.0, and if you're gonna be running on a skeleton crew, please just respect your consumers enough as people who want to enjoy a game to give us back some semblance of the great game you guys bricked for a failed expansion.

Literally all we want is you guys to care about your game the way we do as players, and to stop trying to pull one over on us... and just do the job which should be fun! You're working on a bloody star wars video game with thousands people who love it, if you can't find joy and bring passion to this game, why are you there?

You'd be surprised if you guys just cared a little how positive the community would respond.

❤️

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Honestly I just think they don't care anymore. Balancing patches used to be catered to pvp balancing and now it's just general pve tweaks by the looks of the past year or so. They no longer care that certain specs can obliterate everyone on the map without even breaking a sweat. They no longer care if people can make a super queue team and sweep the map of all the noobs. They no longer care that people are leaving the game in herds because their pay isn't changing so **** those people. They just don't care. This game is nothing but a monthly paycheck and the only opinion that matters is their chosen streamers that shill out cartel coins to fleet rpers.

Edited by Prapcaster
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Prapcaster said:

Honestly I just think they don't care anymore. Balancing patches used to be catered to pvp balancing and now it's just general pvp tweaks by the looks of the past year or so. They no longer care that certain specs can obliterate everyone on the map without even breaking a sweat. They no longer care if people can make a super queue team and sweep the map of all the noobs. They no longer care that people are leaving the game in herds because their pay isn't changing so **** those people. They just don't care. This game is nothing but a monthly paycheck and the only opinion that matters is their chosen streamers that shill out cartel coins to fleet rpers.

Cant find any lies here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, omeru said:

For pvp we know they have no one working on pvp 

Actually, we don't know that 100% yet because  no one has ( officially ) told us whether or not this PVP Dev here:  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/927609-update-to-pvp-medals-coming-in-721/  .... is still working on SWTOR now that Broadsword  took over.

( His forum name box still shows "BioWare" icon , which isn't a good sign ... But who knows. )

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Actually, we don't know that 100% yet because  no one has ( officially ) told us whether or not this PVP Dev here:  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/927609-update-to-pvp-medals-coming-in-721/  .... is still working on SWTOR now that Broadsword  took over.

( His forum name box still shows "BioWare" icon , which isn't a good sign ... But who knows. )

Considering all the other devs have a Broadsword icon, I’d say he is no longer with the team 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

He is not working on swtor anymore, EA took decent devs and dumped all useless ones on BS, we know BS is known for not releasing new content game they maintain so no need for devs to make new content just bare minimum to maintain.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It’s important to push the developers to do the things that maybe they don’t want to do. Developers, we have a lot of angry pvp players, but once you get used to them; you’ll realize they aren’t so angry after all and only want new things or balanced classes. 

most pvp players are friendly and want you to do stuff that benefits pvp in the long run. The louder players you see mostly just want to make everyone as angry as them. You’ll find that in the forums and then in pvp chat in game.

if I can suggest anything to you it’s to /hug them and to put out new ideas so everyone can weigh in. Even the angry ones might have one brain cell not on fire. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, picklesrskankin said:

It’s important to push the developers to do the things that maybe they don’t want to do. Developers, we have a lot of angry pvp players, but once you get used to them; you’ll realize they aren’t so angry after all and only want new things or balanced classes. 

most pvp players are friendly and want you to do stuff that benefits pvp in the long run. The louder players you see mostly just want to make everyone as angry as them. You’ll find that in the forums and then in pvp chat in game.

if I can suggest anything to you it’s to /hug them and to put out new ideas so everyone can weigh in. Even the angry ones might have one brain cell not on fire. 

In a nutshell, people love this game. They're not irate or hostile most the time, they're disappointed & exploited. 

Its not hard to see either. Treat players with respect and do whats expected of a live service game that people are paying subs for. 

The work has already been done for them as well, so many people have left detailed answers, solutions to multiple problems. All it would take is a little bit of reading, time, and minimal effort. 

Swtor fans are simply hoping for the absolute basics at this point & they aren't getting them.

Head of Broadsword if you ever read this, literally just tell us how to help & please set a basic standard of performance of your employees. We want the game to be fun, last, and that only spells profits for you. 

It should be a win-win. 

Instead its ignore your customers & wonder why they're so unhappy all the time? 

Doesn't make sense to most of us. 

Edited by TheVoyant
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheVoyant said:

All it would take is a little bit of reading

They read the forums daily. Say anything hostile to the devs and they'll have your post removed with a detailed message why they removed it in under 15 minutes. Refer back to my previous comment. They don't care. The only dev that was actually trying to meet people half way was railroaded by the dev that left bioware the second his 7.0 critisizm started. And that last somewhat decent dev looks like he's staying with bioware. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2023 at 10:00 AM, TheVoyant said:

All n all we would have been happy with you guys going on maintenance mode in 6.0

Oh man, i wish they would ve done that, so we could still have all of our abilitites and a bit more complexity. 7.0 is dumb as hell, the vombat system is like a demo version of 6.0 and 6.0 is like a demo version of 2.0 :D actually i wish the game would still be in 2.0 with all the abilities and skill trer we had back then, but yeah 6.0 wasnt bad that would be good too, surely it was better than 7.0 by lightyears.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, sharpenedstick said:

Honestly, you should pray nobody is working on pvp. Because it's not like these devs would actually improve it if they did work on it.

I've said this sarcastically for a few years. but there's some truth to it. on the one hand, there's the old saying that (e.g., in baseball) an umpire knows he's doing a good job when both teams are upset with him. but usually when both teams are upset with him, it's because he's consistently bad (maybe all the pitchers like him). iunno. I guess what I'm saying is that you should expect negative feedback when you nerf someone's (favorite) spec regardless of how warranted the nerf is, and you should expect the same player to stay silent or downplay balance concerns when his spec is pretty clearly outperforming everything else. but there are sooo many heavy handed design and balance decisions in this game's history - decisions that have a basis in player requests - that I really do have the contemplate the wisdom of ever asking for, or complaining about, anything, because the "cure" often feels more painful than the disease.

Examples:

Back fill - back fill was/is a serious problem in WZs. many players would leave for myriad reasons, the top 3 prolly being don't like the map, don't like the teammates, lost the first door/node/round too quickly. a bunch of rage monkeys come onto the forums and demand that players not be allowed to leave. BW, in their infinite "wisdom," gives said monkeys exactly what they asked for. now players, who would otherwise leave, just AFK or go off doing their own thing to kill time until the match ends when a back fill may have actually tried to win. soo many other, less draconian, more nuanced solutions: make back fill an option; limit back fill to the first minute or two after the gates drop; allow players to leave without penalty before the gates drop; create "mercy rule" scenarios for every WZ so weaker teams and back fill don't get abused by superior groups who just want to farm kills/numbers in objective-oriented games. but no. BW went with the most knuckle-headed, belligerent, narrow-minded solution that rage monkeys came screaming to the forum and demanded.

bubble stun - remember when bubble stun could be applied to every teammate and could be activated at any time, even without taking damage? how did something like that ever make its way out of the PTS???? how did the devs not see how that would destroy game play? smash was a problem so you solve it by making melee game play impossible? what is a scrapper or deception even supposed to do when their entire burst rotation is predicated on melee openers that will always (100%) trigger a soft stun that nullifies their burst? that was, hands down, the dumbest balance decision ever made in this game.

pruning - good lord. pruning. I still don't understand what they were going for here, but I suppose this one was on me. pruning was obviously necessary as too many DPS classes were too independent. but OMG! the incongruity in the pruning. now some specs are completely self sufficient and others are just limp *rhymes with chicks*.

there are a handful of others. I have NFL Sunday to prep for today. but dayum! don't ask for anything. just pray they don't make changes. kinda being facetious, but kinda true too. 🤨

• Like 3

they should buff mercs more imo, only 4 in a enemy team today...would really help pvp , clearly pvp needs more e-net.

weird how people complain and moan about madness sorcs when the warzones are overflown with mercs lol

Edited by meddani
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, meddani said:

they should buff mercs more imo, only 4 in a enemy team today...would really help pvp , clearly pvp needs more e-net.

weird how people complain and moan about madness sorcs when the warzones are overflown with mercs lol

Someone was saying burst classes need to be stronger the other day lol. Ttk is already extremely high and heals hasn't been tuned to keep up with it. Can only imagine if every burst class in the game was hitting for 120k like engi sniper. 

4 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

Someone was saying burst classes need to be stronger the other day lol. Ttk is already extremely high and heals hasn't been tuned to keep up with it. Can only imagine if every burst class in the game was hitting for 120k like engi sniper. 

this game is just a f!!!ing mess right now, my sub runs out at the end of the month and i'll probably come back with 8.0 in like 10 years or so lol.

don't get me started on skank tank juggs the "nerfs" this patch are just laughable at best

Edited by meddani

20 minutes ago, meddani said:

this game is just a f!!!ing mess right now, my sub runs out at the end of the month and i'll probably come back with 8.0 in like 10 years or so lol.

don't get me started on skank tank juggs the "nerfs" this patch are just laughable at best

The skank Juggs are so far off the rails. I switched one of mine to immortal, kept all dps gear and tactical, was amazed how OP it was in Pvp.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Samcuu said:

ok. perfect example from my previous post. there is clearly a problem in which burst classes are performing sub par in pvp. obvious knee-jerk solution: make burst specs hit harder. nuanced response: "hm. I see there's a problem here. what is the root cause of that problem?" increasing burst would be disastrous. every burst class would hit like AP (imo, already hits too hard with little down side - no longer "glass cannons"). but why is the dot tree almost universally the best dps option, regardless of your play style? dcds? mobility? (both often related to wonky pruning and impossible skill tree choices).

example: defel splice was broken. full stop. no "balanced" mind would disagree. it gave maras better effective stealth than actual stealth classes. but they effectively neutering the tactical. at the same time, maras lost major - signature - dcds in the 7.0 prune. all of a sudden it's like "OMG! WTH? c'mmon, man!" without pacify, undying, and with reduced mobility, the old defel splice doesn't look like such a broken abil. 😄

Edited by krackcommando

On 9/1/2023 at 8:16 PM, Faltun said:

Oh man, i wish they would ve done that, so we could still have all of our abilitites and a bit more complexity. 7.0 is dumb as hell, the vombat system is like a demo version of 6.0 and 6.0 is like a demo version of 2.0 :D actually i wish the game would still be in 2.0 with all the abilities and skill trer we had back then, but yeah 6.0 wasnt bad that would be good too, surely it was better than 7.0 by lightyears.

I think 7.0 is much better to 6.0.  6.0 was a mess of putting as much stuff as they could....  Like going out in your first date and putting too much cologne (at least they learned from this as did many after the first date)

It was practically insane to stupidity the gear bonuses gamble thing Amplifers (I remembered) and was going to unsub because of it...

First of all many of the changes to come in 6.0 where very slow.  We had very little updates.

Do you remember that we had a full ranked season before they stopped gear swap out of combat (a huge advantage to stealth classes), and the same for the insane broken burst of Sins....

Tactical changes (see Sin) were very slow to come by as did other broken utilities. 

I think the ability purge was needed, much needed

2.0 it is long time ago and I played mostly Sage and Operative heals at the time.  The original Skill trees (1.0 to 2) where good, and much better to what came after them i.e Dicipline Utilities.  Which was a stupid system, and to change one utility you had to start all over again (I am not sure it was always like that).

The current system is better to the one before it, easy change between abilities, and now you can also save all you want and interchange easy.

Is it better then tree, if you like hybrid definitely not, but then that would be very hard (impossible) to balance.

For example I remember Operatives and Sorcs being very good in hybrid specs. 

Edited by limenutpen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2023 at 8:04 AM, Lord_Malganus said:

Yet BioSword is incapable of writing an algorithm that works properly with a mixed queue of group & solo players together. So there's that.

There's that.  I am a solution to the problem as well, also because I do not Group Que in Arenas, which makes an insanely broken game.

But yes Group Queing in Arenas should be removed ASAP.  We are already like a year late.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1