Where to report character names?

Hello. 

There is a player using character names referring to a certain CRIMINAL political regime, but the forum rules won't allow to write these names because .. "calling out". 

I've had people from my family arrested, tortured and murdered by that criminal regime, so yes, I take personal offense in seeing this game allowing people to use such names! 

So, to whom should i address? 

• Dev Post
On 7/22/2023 at 6:21 AM, NorthernNephilim said:

Hello. 

There is a player using character names referring to a certain CRIMINAL political regime, but the forum rules won't allow to write these names because .. "calling out". 

I've had people from my family arrested, tortured and murdered by that criminal regime, so yes, I take personal offense in seeing this game allowing people to use such names! 

So, to whom should i address? 

Please use the in-game reporting tool to report problematic character/guild names. You can follow the steps laid out here

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've reported questionable names or offensive behavior before using the insane tool but nothing ever seems to happen... offender continues and my tickets remain open. It would be nice to know someone actually looks at the complaints. 

33 minutes ago, zhanaili said:

I've reported questionable names or offensive behavior before using the insane tool but nothing ever seems to happen... offender continues and my tickets remain open. It would be nice to know someone actually looks at the complaints. 

They can’t tell you what actions they’ve taken.

But I agree, that reports of inappropriate names & behaviours are often ignored when reported. The best way to track it is to put them on your friends list. You can then easily tell if they action it because the name disappears or is changed on the list.

I think half the time it comes down to the individual moderator looking at the complaint & no hard & fast rules.

I’ve reported names that categorically break the TOS & I’ve listed the passage of the TOS they relate to when reporting & nothing happens.

On the flip side. I’ve had some of my own names reported & made to change that don’t break the TOS & aren’t offensive at all. Only to later see someone with the exact name I was made to change 😡

Edited by TrixxieTriss

40 minutes ago, zhanaili said:

Yes, it would be very nice if they would just close the ticket. That says "okay, we looked and, if appropriate, took action."

• Like 2

I've not seen too many bad names in game, but one was really bad and so obvious. Let's just say WW II and leave it at that. Yes that player really named the char after that horrible man.

Action was so swift at the time that he was in the middle of some racial slur on gen chat, and suddenly he was gone. Never saw that guy again, so I guess that was taken care of very fast.

This was many years ago tho, so things may be different now, with fewer CSR's around to handle it. It does suck for the OP that nothing is seemingly done, and just leaving the tickets open is bad. But it could be that it's under investigation, and that's the reson the tickets are open, but I could be wrong.

Anyhow, I hope this person/guild is sanctioned swiftly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.