Basilisk War Droid (Spoiler Alert)

Darh_Hellraiser

Any news on when we will be receiving this basilisk war droid we were promised at the end of Ruhnuk? We were told it would be coming and we even got an alliance alert just to hear him talk about his flag. That's cool and all but I'd so much rather have a basilisk war droid than hear him talk about his flag. I'm thinking big like the wampa companion but ranged instead of melee.

• Like 1

I know there is a mount and decos but they talked about giving us one in the story. Like a fully functional one. So since they have one as a mount the only other option would be a companion or pet and it better not be a pet. That would honestly be so disappointing.

Edited by Darh_Hellraiser
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Having played through the supplemental story that promises one, it's my understanding that it would be a companion. Pets are basically cosmetic novelties. They don't do anything, so I really don't see the game using one as story content. It's mentioned Mandalorians can ride these (we at least have the mount to demonstrate that), but also that the one you found is "small". Basically, whatever they give us isn't going to be a mount, but it's still suppose to be something worthy of fighting for/with us

A Basilisk companion would just be similar to having 4X as a companion. 

Edited by Traceguy

4 minutes ago, FlameYOL said:

Its a real shame they never gave us anything for that, I would've loved a mini-basilisk either as a pet or a companion.

Agreed...  After completing that part of the story I was kind of expecting an optional exercise of some sort to pick up a nice mount??  Maybe??  And with it being a mini-basilisk perhaps even having some sort of skill or ability to minimize damage when riding it??  (seems like we have one or two mounts with that ability now ... sooo  should be relatively easy to figure out how to do that!)

• Dev Post
On 6/14/2023 at 10:18 PM, Darh_Hellraiser said:

Any news on when we will be receiving this basilisk war droid we were promised at the end of Ruhnuk? We were told it would be coming and we even got an alliance alert just to hear him talk about his flag. That's cool and all but I'd so much rather have a basilisk war droid than hear him talk about his flag. I'm thinking big like the wampa companion but ranged instead of melee.

Lane's story is not forgotten (and also not done)! It will continue in 7.4, but won't be concluded then. We'll have more details about the mission chain and the ultimate reward in the future!

-eric

• Like 12
  • Thanks 7
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, EricMusco said:

Lane's story is not forgotten (and also not done)! It will continue in 7.4, but won't be concluded then. We'll have more details about the mission chain and the ultimate reward in the future!

-eric

Cool! 

[/two thumbs up]

9 minutes ago, EricMusco said:

but won't be concluded then

I think not fragmenting main story would be too much to ask even after change to broadsword because it would mean a huge change in schedule. 

But you can't even stop fragmenting this side/complement piece of story that do not even include our characters voices?

Stop lingering this arc. Following a story by tiny bits after several onth each is not good experience. 6.X may not had been the best story content update, but at least it was consistent.

• Like 1

Just now, JakRoanin said:

I think its time for Kira and Scourge and VETTE to return too. But I admit it feels weird for a non-Mandalorian  to be given a Basillik.🤔

Still less weird than a joker smugler having a force mind fight with a powerful being of cosmic proportions.

And i will give thumbs up on getting more VETTE, and Kira too. We could never have too much Kira 😁

1 hour ago, Balameb said:

Still less weird than a joker smugler having a force mind fight with a powerful being of cosmic proportions.

And i will give thumbs up on getting more VETTE, and Kira too. We could never have too much Kira 😁

OK...  I'll kind of play along with this one!  And YES ..  I agree with both you and @JakRoanin on bringing back Vette and (especially) Kira.  Scourge ... I always felt was something of a wild card (even in vanilla).  But (as @Balameb pointed out) ... still makes more sense than a scruffy smuggler becoming a super-powered force user.  (OK ... he got zapped by a SUPER-EXTRA larger than life Sith force user... Still just a little out of place!)  

Just the same ... I can see where a Mandalorian might see fit to entrust someone like the commander with a mini-version as a token of appreciation.  Keep in mind Land was also explicit that there were some promises attached before acceptance of such a gift.  Soooo ... Yeah!  I'm kind of looking forward to see how this plays out.

Edited by OlBuzzard
clarification

1 hour ago, EricMusco said:

-eric

Awesome and amazing.  Not one but TWO posts by  you today?!

i'm starting to warm-up  to this whole 'BroadWare' thing yep.

Looking forward to  7.4  more & more after your post today.  :hope_07:

Edited by Nee-Elder
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, EricMusco said:

-eric

Good to hear from you on the Forums Eric. It's always good for morale when a dev pops on and mentions future story/game content that's in the works.

Been a while since we had one of our "3 month catch ups" (as you put it) after finishing one of my many 3 month bans. :cool:

But, you probably don't even remember me. heh

22 hours ago, EricMusco said:

-eric

Ah, interesting I wasn't expecting to see Lane again. 

On 6/19/2023 at 2:31 AM, Revan-the-knight said:

Wasn't the basilisk a tiny one? I am pretty sure it is a pet, and not a companion. I personally am hoping for it to be 😛

Honestly this is what I figured it would be as well not a companion...

4 hours ago, Hrafnhildur said:

The smallest Basilisk war droid could be the size of a Bantha ( bovine mounts of the Sand People), so if could be also a companion. 

That would be one *big* companion.

More seriously, if you think the problems people complain about with big mounts are bad, wait until someone rolls up with a bantha-sized companion that blocks mouse-clicks...  (Mounts don't block clicks, so if you know roughly where the vendor or whatnot that you're trying to interact with is, you can click it.  Companions block clicks so you can target them.)

4 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

That would be one *big* companion.

More seriously, if you think the problems people complain about with big mounts are bad, wait until someone rolls up with a bantha-sized companion that blocks mouse-clicks...  (Mounts don't block clicks, so if you know roughly where the vendor or whatnot that you're trying to interact with is, you can click it.  Companions block clicks so you can target them.)

Oh my!!  I even forgot about that aspect! ...I think I'll stick to the idea of a mini-mount!  (Mini referring to the size of the Basilisk)