So anyone creating a new guild starting tomorrow won't, as guild leader, be able to access their own guild bank for 30 days

xordevoreaux

34 minutes ago, xordevoreaux said:

Bioware, gather some folks around the whiteboard and think this one through a bit harder.

While I agree with what your saying, it’s a bit late for them to do anything for 7.3. 

And with the latest announcement with swtor going to Broadsword, it’s possible this will never get addressed be BioWare. 

A better question to ask Bioware is:  “does this affect the guild leader too?” Because I have a sneaking suspicion that it won’t & it’s just been omitted in the patch notes 🤞

I get WHY you say this, but I'd think we'd need to wait and see if the guild leader of a new guild is affected by the restrictions.

Everyone else joining the newly created guild would be affected, that seems obvious.

The guild leader on the other hand....I'd need to see confirmed before worrying about it.

We would also need to figure out if the 4 people that are grouped to make the guild in the first place are also affected. BW may have it so anyone that made the guild originally are unaffected by the 30 day delay.

11 minutes ago, Toraak said:

We would also need to figure out if the 4 people that are grouped to make the guild in the first place are also affected. BW may have it so anyone that made the guild originally are unaffected by the 30 day delay.

The four people that formed the guild are not exempt from the first-week moratorium on earning guild Conquest points / experience, so I would fully expect that they would likewise not be exempt from the 30-day moratorium on guild bank access.

I'm glad I put all my imp characters into a one man guild over the weekend and was able to pay the person helping me without worrying about dumb securetrade / mail taxes tacked on. It was the first time i've logged into the game in two weeks. 

• Dev Post

Hello folks! The original Guild Leader will still have access starting at guild creation, this change only applies to new members in that guild, including the ones that help form it. I will try to answer any questions regarding this change, if you have further feedback please add it to our Credit Economy thread here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/13/2023 at 11:09 AM, JoeStramaglia said:

Hello folks! The original Guild Leader will still have access starting at guild creation, this change only applies to new members in that guild, including the ones that help form it. I will try to answer any questions regarding this change, if you have further feedback please add it to our Credit Economy thread here.

What's the reasoning for this?

Can't GMs be expected to manage permissions properly?  Our guild is growing very quickly, and I'd like new folks to be able to use the bank.