An update on the development of SWTOR

KeithKanneg

Anyone curious why Broadsword is so quiet? They're really shy, aren't they? Or are they shady? Like, as people mentioned, even their website is really outdated or not attended-to. Broadsword is just lurking in the shadows. Zero - ZERO statements from them. Only the former BW employees that transferred over have said something on Twitter individually.

I'm starting to worry for them. Are they ok?

Is it a haunted abyss?

Eh, it's only been two and a half weeks since the various Devs posted on social media that they were laid off by Bioware and moving over to Broadsword. Assuming everyone gets moved over all at once, that's a lot of onboarding and adjusting required by both old and new Broadsword employees. And since nome of the near future plans for the game are expected to change as a result of this move, I don't think there's any need to worry. Everyone's probably just still getting settled.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, akdonkey said:

So this is now Broadsword's Game? I figured that there would be some announcement saying as of Such Date the game is Broadswords child.

I believe the transfer is still ongoing, as opposed to completely done. From what I understood from Keith's latest post it had just started.

18 hours ago, Addictress said:

Anyone curious why Broadsword is so quiet? They're really shy, aren't they? Or are they shady? Like, as people mentioned, even their website is really outdated or not attended-to. Broadsword is just lurking in the shadows. Zero - ZERO statements from them. Only the former BW employees that transferred over have said something on Twitter individually.

I'm starting to worry for them. Are they ok?

Is it a haunted abyss?

all of the devs/reps on this board are now BS reps. so...they've said stuff. but yeah. the BS website is kind of sketch.

edit: i wouldn't worry if I were you. the game won't significantly change. whether that's a plus or a negative for you is another thing. but it's being run by the same ppl. I wouldn't expect much change. they have been working on a server move of sorts (AWS). that could have a positive impact. but it's still the same old (bastardized) engine. same devs. same designers. which means same game philosophy.

Edited by krackcommando

5 hours ago, akdonkey said:

So this is now Broadsword's Game? I figured that there would be some announcement saying as of Such Date the game is Broadswords child.

Can't wait to see the animation they will make for the game entry animation (the one you get the first time you load the game). Bioware's used to be Satele and Malgus duking it out. Think they will just slap Broadsword on top of Bioware's logo? Or are we getting a still pictures... Nothing says maintenance mode more than still pictures...

50 minutes ago, felleto said:

Can't wait to see the animation they will make for the game entry animation (the one you get the first time you load the game).

Bioware's used to be Satele and Malgus duking it out.

i've been trying to find  VIDEO of that ^  for many years ...  Anyone know which file it is within SWTOR folder?  Or  if it's been captured on YouTube maybe?

Or how to make it prompt again/repeatedly  after launching game?

4 hours ago, krackcommando said:

but it's still the same old (bastardized) engine. same devs. same designers. which means same game philosophy.

Well they did say in one of their posts that there would be ongoing improvements to game system (like the move to 64 bit). They didn't give any specifics to that of course, but who knows, maybe the engine is something they might address. Than again, maybe not. Whether or not they actually follow through with certain things they've said, well, that remains to be seen.

And again, it isn't just the same old people, some of them are the same, but there are also going to be totally new people working on the game from Broadsword as well. Bioware isn't in charge of game development anymore, the managers over at Broadsword now are, and they're new people.

We'll just have to wait and see whether or not they want to develop a new vision for the game. Waiting and seeing is really all we can do, but it's good at least it's now official and the beginning of Broadsword's sway is now at hand.

10 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

i've been trying to find  VIDEO of that ^  for many years ...  Anyone know which file it is within SWTOR folder?  Or  if it's been captured on YouTube maybe?

Or how to make it prompt again/repeatedly  after launching game?

My computer had like a massive crash when I was playing swtor and when I reentered the game it prompted the animation. I guess if you reintall MAYBE it will show the animation. I will see if I can find it on youtube tho. It's pretty badass.

Found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGgIY9_kqQY

Edited by felleto
Found it
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, felleto said:

My computer had like a massive crash when I was playing swtor and when I reentered the game it prompted the animation.

I guess if you reintall MAYBE it will show the animation.

Found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGgIY9_kqQY

THANKS so much and also:  @KeithKanneg , why can't u guys have this super cool  pre-titles video ( replacing 'BioWare' with 'BroadSword' )  happen each & everytime the game launches?!?!!

It really sets a nice teasing-tone, in my opinion.

Why remove it?  i just don't understand. ( unless maybe it's a bug in client startup code? )

10 hours ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

And again, it isn't just the same old people, some of them are the same, but there are also going to be totally new people working on the game from Broadsword as well. Bioware isn't in charge of game development anymore, the managers over at Broadsword now are, and they're new people.

Yes, the dev team has made the employer transition to Broadsword.  However I just checked and, more than two weeks removed from the transition announcement, there has been no update on Broadsword's website.  Broadsword only shows they have the two games they have had since their 2014 founding.  No press release or other announcement that I'm aware of.  I give it until the end of July.  If no update by then I will firmly feel that this transition is not something that Broadsword is interested in promoting and Broadsword management is just looking to Keith to keep SWTOR profitably operating for them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

name two one.

3 hours ago, Char_Ell said:

Yes, the dev team has made the employer transition to Broadsword.  However I just checked and, more than two weeks removed from the transition announcement, there has been no update on Broadsword's website.  Broadsword only shows they have the two games they have had since their 2014 founding.  No press release or other announcement that I'm aware of.  I give it until the end of July.  If no update by then I will firmly feel that this transition is not something that Broadsword is interested in promoting and Broadsword management is just looking to Keith to keep SWTOR profitably operating for them.

There's been no update on this Website either, it still says Bioware at the bottom of the page.

Quite honestly, whether there is a formal announcement or not or they put stuff on a website or not, the deal is done.

If peeps wanna think everything they say is a lie, that's their prerogative. Personally, I get my fill of that line of reasoning from Flat Earthers.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

There's been no update on this Website either, it still says Bioware at the bottom of the page.

Yes, I've noticed that as well however I don't know where swtor.com and forums.swtor.com stand in terms of the transition process.  Jesse Reid seemed to be making initial adjustments after the June 27 announcement however Jesse Reid still shows as BioWare employee.  With respect to Broadsword's website that is their own and they should be able to update it whenever they want.  They just haven't done it yet.  I didn't have expectation that it would be updated to show SWTOR as one of their games right away.  I did think updating websites would occur within a short period of time though, like a week or two.  

4 minutes ago, Char_Ell said:

Yes, I've noticed that as well however I don't know where swtor.com and forums.swtor.com stand in terms of the transition process.  Jesse Reid seemed to be making initial adjustments after the June 27 announcement however Jesse Reid still shows as BioWare employee.  With respect to Broadsword's website that is their own and they should be able to update it whenever they want.  They just haven't done it yet.  I didn't have expectation that it would be updated to show SWTOR as one of their games right away.  I did think updating websites would occur within a short period of time though, like a week or two.  

The only thing I've seen on this site that's different, is that when the Dev's post it has the Broadsword symbol under their names.

I haven't even bothered to look at the Broadsword website because, like you said, it's  a fairly new state of affairs and I as well didn't have any expectation there would be an update on it just yet.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Addictress said:

If there is one thing the devs do today, it is to finally stop deploying launch buttons on the major story quests. 

Wise up

You are the only person in the community to be asking for this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.