An update on the development of SWTOR

KeithKanneg

12 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

*channels Moff Tarkin voice*: Enough of this bickering! :D

Meanwhile u guys are missing a possible  tone-shift ( and information freedom ) by the very actual DEV  himself:  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/926404-regal-apparel-mini-skirt-now-shows-leggins-ingame/?do=findComment&comment=9768682

I've been reading it... AND  (if I don't run out of those reaction things again) ...  Seems like I'm always owing you one of those!

BTW..  as always thanks for posting said links!

EDIT...  if they keep this up .. I'll make my word good .. and re-up for another 6 month ride!

Edited by OlBuzzard
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

*channels Moff Tarkin voice*: Enough of this bickering! :D

Meanwhile u guys are missing a possible  tone-shift ( and information freedom ) by the very actual DEV  himself here:  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/929980-basilisk-war-droid-spoiler-alert/?do=findComment&comment=9768668  ...and also even HERE:  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/926404-regal-apparel-mini-skirt-now-shows-leggins-ingame/?do=findComment&comment=9768682

Yeah, but, my dude, haven't you heard? Game is dying, game is dead, game's in maintenance mode.  😵

The game will be over in 6 months, and in 6 months, the game will be dead in 6 months, and 6 months later, game will be dead in 6 months again, and 6 months after that the game will be, you guessed it, dead in 6 months.

And don't forget, yo, everything's a lie! Just ask any Flat Earther, and they'll tell you, and as everyone knows, Flat Earther's are clearly smarter than Einstein, Newton, and Keepler.

I'm pretty sure this whole move to Broadsword thingy is due to the machinations of the Illuminaties, Free Masonry, Jesuit Priests, Numerology and, of course, NASA, because as we all know Space is fake (and violates the Second Law of Thermodynamics apparently 😂) and Gravity doesn't exist, and there's space and gravity in Star Wars. It's too much of a dead give away, so best just to send the game somewhere it can die and not raise too many eyebrows.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx
  • Haha 6

Just now, Whykara said:

I love how our collective contempt for Bioware has been transformed into full-blown optimism, simply because it can't get any worse.

I think the bar of expectation that we have for Bioware is now so low, it's subterranean.

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

Yeah, but, my dude, haven't you heard? Game is dying, game is dead, game's in maintenance mode.  😵

The game will be over in 6 months, and in 6 months, the game will be dead in 6 months, and 6 months later, game will be dead in 6 months again, and 6 months after that the game will be, you guessed it, dead in 6 months.

And don't forget, yo, everything's a lie! Just ask any Flat Earther, and they'll tell you, and as everyone knows, Flat Earther's are clearly smarter than Einstein, Newton, and Keepler.

I'm pretty sure this whole move to Broadsword thingy is due to the machinations of the Illuminaties, Free Masonry, Jesuit Priests, Numerology and, of course, NASA, because as we all know Space is fake (and violates the Second Law of Thermodynamics apparently 😂) and Gravity doesn't exist, and there's space and gravity in Star Wars. It's too much of a dead give away, so best just to send the game somewhere it can die and not raise too many eyebrows.

You have overlooked the overwhelming errors in the works of Aurthur C. Clarke.  I'm certain that has some foundational influence for some of the negativity ... has to !!

(I doubt that @WayOfTheWarriorx even believes in the Easter bunny OR  Toothiana )

😲

1 hour ago, Whykara said:

I love how our collective contempt for Bioware has been transformed into full-blown optimism, simply because it can't get any worse.

I believe the term is "hitting rock bottom". 😳

heh

1 hour ago, TziganeNZ said:

Great find, Tzi. Thanks for sharing that with us. :classic_wink:

51 minutes ago, OlBuzzard said:

You have overlooked the overwhelming errors in the works of Aurthur C. Clarke.  I'm certain that has some foundational influence for some of the negativity ... has to !!

(I doubt that @WayOfTheWarriorx even believes in the Easter bunny OR  Toothiana )

Wait,...there's no Easter Bunny?!?!?

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! 😢

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, SteveTheCynic said:

You're not wrong here.

Let's face it old friend ... Things are definitely changing.   Some (without question) will be for the better.  To what end and how dramatically those changes are remains to be seen.  Not everyone will be enthusiastic.  That's understandable.  Not everyone will be critical either.  IMO that is equally understandable (although those are considerably less enthusiastic might not agree).

This is a VERY diverse community.  Those MANY points of view are equally diverse and yet (for the most part) can be seen as equally valid.  In the end only time will validate what is either truth or in fact speculation.

I'm not trying to be rude or difficult to follow ...  Just saying that there has been a lot to consider in the last few weeks.  It has been refreshing to see a couple of posts by @EricMusco today.   Granted it was a small gesture.  BUT it was a much-needed act of involvement.  And perhaps ... maybe ... just MAYBE there are some REAL changes in the wind that will grow the game a little.  

EDIT...

Oh and umm  @WayOfTheWarriorx does that mean you might still be thinking about the possibilities of Toothiana?

😇

Edited by OlBuzzard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/9/2023 at 3:41 PM, JakRoanin said:

But who says that will stay the SAME? You? Why are you so angry all the time?

Who are you talking to? 

Do you mean in general "Who says the game will stay the same"? Uh, Keith

With 7.3 now live, our priority is continuing to prepare for Game Updates 7.3.1 and 7.4 along with planning for 2024 and 2025 with a focus on content and continued modernization initiatives.

What’s changing for players after this shift happens? 

For all of you, not much is changing at all. Players will continue playing the game and swtor.com and the forums will continue to remain online and a source for players to get news and updates. Support for SWTOR will remain unchanged and players can continue to utilize the EA Support Page or in-game tools for assistance.  

Is the game heading into maintenance mode? 

Absolutely not. As I’ve said before, we are working on future plans including more story and modernization initiatives for the game. We’ve upgraded the game to 64-bit, and are working on moving the servers to the cloud, and there are more content and tech updates on the way. 

Moving to a third party studio would allow us a lot of creative freedom, and we're very much looking forward to the opportunities that will be open to us. 

Edited by Traceguy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.