It's been 571 days... it's time to fix STORY mode R4

LJ_Gibbs

One easy way to find out which one you are is to strafe or something a bit every time a new circle appear and count them as they appear. As long as everyone is not taking sidesteps to same direction, you will see if the yellow circle follows your character or not. Don't look at the quickbar while doing this, look at your feet. If it means you need to stop dpsing to get it right, stop dpsing. 

The stunning adds should definitely be removed from SM. With recursives going on, they are too much for an average SM player.

• 3 months later...

They are not listening. February 15, 2024 and the op is still not revised to story mode level. My guild has done hard mode content. They are the ones who won't keep wasting time with it. I've read the difficulties beyond the first boss and we haven't even defeated the first.  That's 8 experienced players in max gear and on voice. The learning curve for the bosses is too steep especially to get through the whole thing in one night.

We don't want it easy. We just want it a few more steps away from impossible. 

Any devs actually read these forums???

This is the same op people are begging to get a NiM for, and some even being banned for asking. How much more difficult is HM to SM with this op? Are there really players out there who see HM R4 as a walk in the park while there is a majority of players who can't even complete SM due to it being too difficult?

Edited by Traceguy

2 hours ago, Traceguy said:

Are there really players out there who see HM R4 as a walk in the park while there is a majority of players who can't even complete SM do to it being too difficult?

Yes, plenty. 

A few weeks ago I did something called a "worldtour", which is every operation on hardest difficulty in order of release back to back, R4 of course being the last one. We were raiding for I think like 11h (in a row) and I don't think we wiped anywhere there. It's really easy, and I hadn't raided in a couple of months. 

The reason people in full gear and on voice struggle is because they are not able to look at their screen, because they are clicking - but this argument is like trying to get a rock to jump, it just won't happen.

It's a story mode op, but how many players run it for fun like the other story modes?  Even Dxun and Gods are done by pugs now (not as often as the really easy ones, but often enough).

I've done sm R4 for the achieves with my raid group but there is just no reason to run it after getting those.  The difficulty level is just too high for the lousy rewards.

The elitist players (and elitist is the only word for them) need to realize that not everyone who does storymode (or the easier hardmode) raids is the top 1% of the playerbase, or even the top 10%.   Not everyone is CAPABLE of being in the top 1%, due to time, physical, hardware, and internet limitations.

Story Mode should be doable even by a raid group comprised of all mediocre players.

• Like 5

Just now, LD_Little_Dragon said:

11 hours staight raiding?  That says a lot about your lack of ability to relate to or understand the average swtor player.

I just answered the question man, I couldn't care less about who can and who can't clear what.

Personally I suspect they never put out a NiM R-4 because not enough people are even running it on Story Mode or HM. 

If not enough even run it on SM, then either A) people don't like the fights, B) Simply not worth the time to do it compared to other Story Mode Operations, or C) is far to difficult for the average player these days.

Could also be all of the above for some people. I cleared it once on sm, and haven't felt the desire to ever go back in sm, but then I never liked R-4 because the place is to dark since they removed the Very Low Graphics settings. 

Yes I did do some of the HM bosses on R-4, but never really wanted to do progression on it. If I was needed as a fill in fine, if not I was good not raiding that night.

Edited by Toraak
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ZUHFB said:

I just answered the question man, I couldn't care less about who can and who can't clear what.

Oh but you do.  You tell people to get better all the time.  Gatekeeping at it's finest.  "Git Gud" or don't do it at all.  It would not harm you at all for it to be nerfed a bit... but here you are.... "I can do it ... why can't you?"

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Toraak said:

Personally I suspect they never put out a NiM R-4 because not enough people are even running it on Story Mode or HM.

It is their plan to have their "metrics" show they don't need to waste time and money on Ops since "no one does them"

7 hours ago, Toraak said:

If not enough even run it on SM, then either A) people don't like the fights, B) Simply not worth the time to do it compared to other Story Mode Operations, or C) is far to difficult for the average player these days.

My comments on C.... I am sure there are ALOT more casuals than there was 11 years ago... or whenever the game was at it's peak.  But if they want to sell on on their "Story!  Story! Story!"... why have an op where 90% of the players can't do the "story".

That being said... right around Ravagers/ToS... their "hard mode" turned into "Hardmare"... and they have never turned back from that. 

Edited by LJ_Gibbs

3 hours ago, LJ_Gibbs said:

It is their plan to have their "metrics" show they don't need to waste time and money on Ops since "no one does them"

My comments on C.... I am sure there are ALOT more casuals than there was 11 years ago... or whenever the game was at it's peak.  But if they want to sell on on their "Story!  Story! Story!"... why have an op where 90% of the players can't do the "story".

That being said... right around Ravagers/ToS... their "hard mode" turned into "Hardmare"... and they have never turned back from that. 

Not entirely. Gods of the Machine and Dxun have reasonable HM's. It's just not many people run them. They also have NiM versions. Only 2 Ops that don't have a NiM (not counting EV/KP) is Rav/Tos, and R-4.

13 hours ago, LJ_Gibbs said:

Oh but you do.  You tell people to get better all the time.

Yeah, but I didn't this time. Because as you rightfully stated it's irrelevant to me. 

I just answered the question, and yet you deem it right to start calling me names. I don't really understand why, as far as I can tell it seems you have a personal issue with me, which is fine honestly. But this doesn't mean you need to start derailing and insulting. Thanks. 

Or maybe you mistake my first post as showing of? I don't really know. But just answering "yes plenty" to the question doesn't seem like a good answer to me, there needs to be some reference. It's like people saying ranked was toxic when they did 1 game in their life, it's not a credible source. I just added context. 

Gatekeeping at it's finest.

Some content needs to be gatekept, otherwise the rewards lose all value because the value is tight to the fact that not everybody can get it, if everybody can get it it is worthless. It's a basic MMO concept, nothing I made up, nothing I support or am against, it's merely how value is generated in an MMO. Like the crate o matic, it's very rare thus its valuable.

"I can do it ... why can't you?"

Without seeing a video or a log I can already tell you why, but you even want me to do it. Yet, if you provide me with one of the two I am willing to help out in killing whatever boss your team struggles with in an objective way.

"Git Gud" or don't do it at all.

Nonsense, only by doing it someone can "get gud". I would never make in any way talk down to people who try to improve, I have the most respect for these people because they are extremely rare in swtor. 

Just don't understand what it is you want me to do. 

Thank you for saying "give facts" when you can't give facts either.  Your "yes plenty" is god-given fact but anything I say is "wrong"

Also... thank you once again for your interest in my posts.

6 hours ago, ZUHFB said:

Just don't understand what it is you want me to do. 

Leave this thread that I started.   The people here asking for a slight change of R4 don't need your "let me help you" little one attitude.  They don't need your help.  Slightly making the fight easier will not take away anything from you.  It will NOT hurt the game.  So I am not sure why you stick around.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, LJ_Gibbs said:

Leave this thread that I started.

Why would I leave after you call me elitist? But again, there is just no need for this aggressive environment. 

44 minutes ago, LJ_Gibbs said:

The people here asking for a slight change of R4 don't need your "let me help you" little one attitude.

Sorry for trying to help? The devs apparently don't care about R-4 or think that SM is finely tuned, otherwise I'd think they would've done something by now.

49 minutes ago, LJ_Gibbs said:

Thank you for saying "give facts" when you can't give facts either.  Your "yes plenty" is god-given fact but anything I say is "wrong"

As I explained, Yes plenty is only an answer if I can back up the claim. Me doing this content and thus knowing players who can do this without issue is just enough evidence to back up my claim. What should I have done? Link all my mounts? Then you would even be right in calling me an elitist (from that post). 

Not sure what facts of yours I put of as wrong, but maybe it's the value is tight to how many people can get something in MMO thing? But here is some well put together evidence. The context is different but it still applies to anything in MMOs, it's just one example. (from given timestamp to 10:45)

50 minutes ago, LJ_Gibbs said:

They don't need your help.

Apparently :) 

50 minutes ago, LJ_Gibbs said:

Slightly making the fight easier will not take away anything from you.  It will NOT hurt the game.  So I am not sure why you stick around.

Yeah, as I said already multiple times I do not care for the difficulty of SM or HM raids. Nerf them to the ground, make every boss soloable. I don't care. The reason I am around is because after I simply answered a question, there was a lot of hostility which I am not going to just leave like that. No need to insult me just because the answer didn't fit your narrative. Furthermore I did not even expand on if they should or shouldn't nerf, I just gave the reason that people are struggling with these raids currently. It wasn't directed towards anybody in particular. 

yeah i hope they nerf it hard so i can finally do it in actual story fashion, what bugs me is that im a story player and love stories even if its ops and i had talk with Xarion over holo about the ops (hes quest giver) and it looked pretty interesting and then i get told that even SM is hard as hell, like if its story mode then make it STORY mode for us STORY players, im not in this game to be pro nefra or whatever raider, im in it for the story, been playing the game for almost 3 years now and never did this one solely becuse of this mess.

Edited by BulbulusTheGreat

• LJ_Gibbs changed the title to It's been 571 days... it's time to fix STORY mode R4