Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why do I have to waste Seasonal Tokens?

After four seasons, keeping the Seasonal Token limit at 15 is ridiculous.  I, like probably many people, have everything that is on the Seasonal vendors.  Yet, I cannot accumulate any more Seasonal Tokens because I am at 15/15.  I cannot even claim things like the Moon Pilgrim Gloves from the reward track because there is also a Seasons Token at level 20 with them.  In order for me to claim those gloves, I am going to have to go spend a token at the vendors on something that I already have.

Bioware really needs to look closer at seasonal rewards on the vendors for Season 5.  Either start giving us things that have never been released (decos, pets, etc) or increase the seasonal token max (by a lot).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

The more seasons we get the less reasons we have to do them.  There is nothing, absolutely nothing, new except the strongholds and the useless companions they keep throwing at us.  They nerfed the cartel coin rewards (that let us buy what we actually wanted) and gave us more loot boxes that are not random and keep giving us the same handful of stuff over and over.

I just buy more decorations with the tokens, but it does feel like a waste.  Why is there a limit for the tokens anyway?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

After four seasons, keeping the Seasonal Token limit at 15 is ridiculous.  I, like probably many people, have everything that is on the Seasonal vendors.  Yet, I cannot accumulate any more Seasonal Tokens because I am at 15/15.  I cannot even claim things like the Moon Pilgrim Gloves from the reward track because there is also a Seasons Token at level 20 with them.  In order for me to claim those gloves, I am going to have to go spend a token at the vendors on something that I already have.

Bioware really needs to look closer at seasonal rewards on the vendors for Season 5.  Either start giving us things that have never been released (decos, pets, etc) or increase the seasonal token max (by a lot).

IMO there was a tremendous response to a thread started by the team with regards to "input" (???) from the community!  While note every suggestion was one that could executed or added to the GS format there were MANY proposals that WERE and STILL ARE viable!  It would unquestionably be in the best interest of both the development team and those actually participating in the active engagement of SWTOR to you know ....  ACTUALLY LISTEN to the input of that thread!  It was requested REPEATEDLY for the rewards of GS to be worth pursuing AND for there to be a much wider variety of recompense or items available for exchange of Seasonal Tokens!

GS and it's ummm ...  well flat boredom is why I have placed SWTOR on hold.  

3 hours ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

Or even better, give us things we can actually use, things that actually don't look stupid as all hell, things that will give people a reason to be excited about doing Seasons, and companions whom the mere sound of their voice doesn't drive you up the friggen wall and don't make you wish for a kill option for them.

I'd friggen ❤️ to kill Amity. heh.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

Or even better, give us things we can actually use, things that actually don't look stupid as all hell, things that will give people a reason to be excited about doing Seasons, and companions whom the mere sound of their voice doesn't drive you up the friggen wall and don't make you wish for a kill option for them.

I'd friggen ❤️ to kill Amity. heh.

Companions ... you mean yet another empty minded, glorified robot??  There's a surprise!  Oh wait ... we got that already!!

ROFL!!!!

Hmmm  Just a thought!  MAYBE (just a suggestion you understand) ... the team should go back and read THEIR OWN topic that they started and you know ...asked what the community thought about GS ... and how to improve it??

What a novel idea!

[/end sarcasm] 

Ya know bud ... for two people who disagree so much we seem to be on the exact same page here lately!  What in the name of common sense is this world coming to?

(That IS a scary thought)

• Like 1

You forgot to mention all the crates given during the galactic seasons are the same server wide,at the same levels I got the same things across DM SS and SF, same gold,same silver armor/deco/weapons,,,And worst almost all the same from the last galactic seasons,,And course the gtn being flooded with these craps means they are beyond worthless to sell,half the stuff I got are like below 5k$ on the gtn, I find it is not just the seasonal vendor lacking new items,but all event vendors,I am close to max on each,gree,bounty,etc,,and I got everything from them and now when the events come due to anything new to buy I just skip them where I tend to like participating in them.

my 0.02$

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, OlBuzzard said:

Companions ... you mean yet another empty minded, glorified robot??  There's a surprise!  Oh wait ... we got that already!!

ROFL!!!!

Hmmm  Just a thought!  MAYBE (just a suggestion you understand) ... the team should go back and read THEIR OWN topic that they started and you know ...asked what the community thought about GS ... and how to improve it??

What a novel idea!

While I didn't really have any issue with PH4 , I have a fetish for female robots for some reason, probably because I'm a sick bastard, I can see why some people did. I mean, after all, she was just a Scorpio rip off (I ❤️ me some Scorpio!) and and I can see why people would make associations with her and the female droid from Spaceballs.

Expecting the dev team to actually read the Galactic Seasons feedback they specifically asked for, well, don't you think that'd be asking for a bit too much from them? =p

27 minutes ago, OlBuzzard said:

Ya know bud ... for two people who disagree so much we seem to be on the exact same page here lately!  What in the name of common sense is this world coming to?

(That IS a scary thought)

You're getting wiser. 😉

hehe j/k

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, easyandrew said:

You forgot to mention all the crates given during the galactic seasons are the same server wide,at the same levels I got the same things across DM SS and SF, same gold,same silver armor/deco/weapons,,,And worst almost all the same from the last galactic seasons,,And course the gtn being flooded with these craps means they are beyond worthless to sell,half the stuff I got are like below 5k$ on the gtn, I find it is not just the seasonal vendor lacking new items,but all event vendors,I am close to max on each,gree,bounty,etc,,and I got everything from them and now when the events come due to anything new to buy I just skip them where I tend to like participating in them.

my 0.02$

ummm  ...  actually I didn't forget .. I just didn't want to get so wound up I'd type out an entire manuscript of ...

NEVER MIND! 

I'd better chill!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

While I didn't really have any issue with PH4 , I have a fetish for female robots for some reason, probably because I'm a sick bastard, I can see why some people did. I mean, after all, she was just a Scorpio rip off (I ❤️ me some Scorpio!) and and I can see why people would make associations with her and the female droid from Spaceballs.

Expecting the dev team to actually read the Galactic Seasons feedback they specifically asked for, well, don't you think that'd be asking for a bit too much from them? =p

You're getting wiser. 😉

hehe j/k

Welll  .. the "good news" is .. we are disagreeing again!

That droid ??  Seriously?? 

[/facepalm]

(now I know he's nuts!)

(Snickers to self ... the world is safe)  

ROFL !!!!! ... Yeah kidding ... (well ... sort of) !

😇

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ardrossan said:

I'd rather they eliminate tokens as one of many currencies we don't need, and instead offer cartel market certificates, which has a wider vendor list.

That's a good idea.

And in the same vein, in addition to Cartel Market certificates, maybe they can make some sort of conversion vendor. So maybe you could convert Season Tokens to one of the other forms of currency (if they're going to insist on keeping so many of them.) So maybe you could convert 1 season token to say for example, 100 OP-1 Catalysts, 200 FP-1 Stabilizers, 500 Tech Frags, 300 Conquest Commendations, etc. etc.

This way there is bound to be some of these that every player will be able to have some use for depending on their needs at the time.

They can still keep their crapy Season Vendors as they presently exist if they want, just add these to the list of options to spend Season Tokens on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

That's a good idea.

And in the same vein, in addition to Cartel Market certificates, maybe they can make some sort of conversion vendor. So maybe you could convert Season Tokens to one of the other forms of currency (if they're going to insist on keeping so many of them.) So maybe you could convert 1 season token to say for example, 100 OP-1 Catalysts, 200 FP-1 Stabilizers, 500 Tech Frags, 300 Conquest Commendations, etc. etc.

This way there is bound to be some of these that every player will be able to have some use for depending on their needs at the time.

They can still keep their crapy Season Vendors as they presently exist if they want, just add these to the list of options to spend Season Tokens on.

As long as there are some items that we might you know ...  ACTUALLY WANT!!!

6 minutes ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

That's a good idea.

Right, this would be a good way to make a credit sink too by adding a surcharge for the conversion process. What we need is like a shady dealer npc who can convert currencies back and forth while taking a credit fee. Of course, if we could do it for all the currencies you mention it opens up the possibility of converting CCs to credits or vice versa. Maybe tie in the shady dealer with the way amplifiers used to work, so the more you use their services in a given amount of time (like a conquest week), the more exponentially expensive the fee is. Alternatively, you could buy the shady dealer as a utility deco using season tokens and once set up in your stronghold he'll offer services at a slightly reduced rate. 

smh this must be how people in the suggestions forum must feel, like we should all be working for bioware if they could only be bothered to read any of these posts.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ardrossan said:

Right, this would be a good way to make a credit sink too by adding a surcharge for the conversion process. What we need is like a shady dealer npc who can convert currencies back and forth while taking a credit fee. Of course, if we could do it for all the currencies you mention it opens up the possibility of converting CCs to credits or vice versa. Maybe tie in the shady dealer with the way amplifiers used to work, so the more you use their services in a given amount of time (like a conquest week), the more exponentially expensive the fee is. Alternatively, you could buy the shady dealer as a utility deco using season tokens and once set up in your stronghold he'll offer services at a slightly reduced rate. 

smh this must be how people in the suggestions forum must feel, like we should all be working for bioware if they could only be bothered to read any of these posts.

I like the 'shady dealer' idea a lot. It make perfect sense that he would charge for 'the shady deal', almost like black market prices are always very high. Great way to add a credit sink.

Hell, maybe they could even tie in a minor story line element to it. Maybe make 'the shady dealer', black market contact part of the next Galactic Season story line, hell, maybe even make 'the shady dealer' the companion you can get from the next Galactic Season. The makes him like some of older companions, that have a 'special ability'. That being access to the black market as your contact into it. He's useful, not only in addition to being a normal companion and the uses that come with it, but the ability to convert the season tokens into other forms of currency. Hell, make him able to convert to most of the other forms of currency (Not R-4 tokens obviously). Makes him a companion everyone would want, that would be useful to everyone and well into the future and brings a worth while credit sink into the game like you suggested.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ardrossan said:

Well ...yes ... and no!

We are agreed on every point save one!  (Yeah ... I know ... we AGREE???)  LOL!!  But it's true!

I know for a fact that at least one member of the team reads and takes to heart what we are posting.  HOWEVER: Someone else further up the food chain decides to IGNORE input from the very people who use their product for hours daily / weekly.

IMO it's not the reading (or a lack thereof) ... It's the total lack of RESPONSE to input that really concerns me!!!

Edited by OlBuzzard
  • Confused 1

Just now, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

Which Dev is that, Old Man on the Mountain? Just curious, if you don't mind me asking.

@JackieKo  I know that she does care!  I have received PM's from her from time to time (unprompted).  That just doesn't happen unless that concern is genuine!

1) Get rid of the 15/15 limit. It's ridiculous. Especially with the 14 token SH because that means I can only spend 1-2 tokens when it's maxed to make sure I have enough to buy the 14 token SH or whatever prize right away in the next season.

2) I think I've mentioned it before, but they should add more consumables like bind to legacy Black/Black dyes to the vendor. Make it 5 or even 10 GS tokens, it doesn't matter. The point is to add items people can and will buy *repeatedly*.

3) Give a warning but let people chose to exceed their 15/15 GS tokens like other tokens in the game (tech frag, op-1 etc.). I mean, if you don't care about it, you don't care about it.

Edited by eabevella

@eabevella:

IMO changing the limit is OK ... sort of!  BUT even if the limit were doubled it wouldn't do THAT much good if the rest of the system wasn't fixed.  
** Waaay to much is gated behind specific types / styles of play.
** There's not really that much to spend the currency you earn on (even if you participate every day and earn everything there is to earn).  I know .... I've been there before.  Heck ...  I've had to (on more than one occasion) had to essentially throw away tokens in order to just get the next reward (one that I might actually want).  
** That kind of a system is virtually pointless.  That tends to drive people away.  Why mess with something that has little to no value in game (or otherwise).

Bottom line: While raising the limit is very definitely helpful in the end any new limit would still be defeated by the lack of support of items available to purchase.  If the limit were 25 or 50 those tokes are still worthless of there is nothing to spend them on.  In turn this pretty much nullifies the desire for any real participation for a LOT of folks!

Again ...  I refer to the thread that was started several months ago by one of the team members or requesting feedback on the entire GS system.  There were several really excellent points made from a number of people on this forum board.  Sadly, the vast majority of that discussion was promptly ignored by those having responsibility to dictate the direction, scope and format of the GS series.  (I wish I could locate and link that thread ... I would IMO there was some good stuff in that discussion).

I do agree.I think I said so as well in the official feedback post. I also think they should increase the capacity of tokens or give more rewards each season to spend those tokens on. And not only "minor stuff" like 2 customisations for Ranos lol
Last thing I really wanted was Mek-Sha SH and I "gladly" spent all my tokens on it, but after doing whole season 4 and dialy log ins, I now have again 12 tokens that I don't have anything to spend on.

They definitely need to give us more rewards each season, and more diverse. Like, potential for new rewards are infinite, but even without it there are many old/retired rewards they could add. Mounts like AC-PT Broadcast Walker, weapons/armors like Imperial Covert Pilot armor (from GSF), decorations... even more SH indeed. While in my opinion Mek-Sha wasn't worth the price of 14 tokens, but this was good thing anyway. I'd want more SH, so the more the better. (Eternal Fleet Flagship, Abandoned Space Station [from traitor arc], Terminus/Thranta ship, Zakuul Spire and Palace or Spire+Palace+Apartment, Iokath something) etc.

Just give new stuff, and a lot new cool stuff that almost anyone will be able to find something interesting for them.
And morr SH titles please. But more "useful" like Command Center, Miliatry Outpost, Research Complex etc.

Edited by LanceDefender

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.