People are not happy

Prapcaster

Todays livestream for 5/3/23 was a complete embaressment not only for the lead team but for paying subscribers. Many including myself got a  timeout for simply asking about the R-4 operation and if it's gonna be getting master mode. How are we supposed to feel like we can come to the Developers with an issue even if it's a bug report if we get slapped down for asking extremely simple questions? If you don't have any plans tyo add it just say that instead of punishing people paying you money.

Another thing is that the upcoming patch frankly is quite underwhelming. Nobody is genuinely excited for it because it's bringing zero real content to the game. You've all been evading this but you guys have straight up destroyed pvp in 7.2 completely. Stop ignoring people who say this and stop listening to people who only play the game to play space barbie. Nothing wrong with doing that but they have no clue what they're talking about when it comes to raiding or pvp. Removing ranked has completely killed the game and you should all be ashamed for admitting to removing it because you guys didn't wanna invest money into tweaking the leaderboard.

And lastly you content creator program is failing. there's multiple allegations that your "main" content creator is abusing admin power on reddit and on the swtor discord. There were multiple content creators that made swtor a great mmo. Looking at Biggs,ragequitting and swtor angels. See any of them still here?

Please take this livestream and 7.0 as a learning experience and remember you guys are here to create a fun game. We're not your enemies we want you guys to turn swtor around from what it currently is not into an mmo people don't laugh at.

Edited by Prapcaster
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Prapcaster said:

Many including myself got a  timeout for simply asking about the R-4 operation and if it's gonna be getting master mode.

Why do people do brigade-y spamm-y stuff, get all surprise-pikachu, then proceed to be even more brigade-y and spamm-y in complaining about their bad faith actions to begin with?

7 minutes ago, Prapcaster said:

Nobody is genuinely excited for it because it's bringing zero real content to the game.

I'm pretty excited for a new flashpoint and a new zone in Voss, myself. I don't know what makes that not real content. 😕

8 minutes ago, Prapcaster said:

Please take this livestream and 7.0 as a learning experience and remember you guys are here to create a fun game. We're not your enemies we want you guys to turn swtor around from what it currently is not into an mmo people don't laugh at.

You guys are so backhanded.

3 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

@JackieCao What's up with the silencing of R-4 Discussion?

This made me laugh.

Imagine silencing your own paying costumers when they ask about something they said it would be released in early 2022 and soon we will be mid 2023 with 0 information about it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1073610644?t=0h31m34s

Group content keeps people playing a mmo. Even the best single player games die down in population because story has a very limited replayability

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jedimasterjac said:

Why do people do brigade-y spamm-y stuff, get all surprise-pikachu, then proceed to be even more brigade-y and spamm-y in complaining about their bad faith actions to begin with?

I'm pretty excited for a new flashpoint and a new zone in Voss, myself. I don't know what makes that not real content. 😕

You guys are so backhanded.

This made me laugh.

You're proving me right. Nobody who does anything more then space barbie cares about a new flashpoint. If that's your thing more power to you but content isn't something you can do in 40 minutes. People weren't spamming it they asked and got silenced. 

1 minute ago, Prapcaster said:

If that's your thing more power to you but content isn't something you can do in 40 minutes

Why use the broad term "content" when the only thing that qualifies as "content," in your eyes, is operations?

And why hide your post in suggestion box? And why'd the other guy hide his in off-topic? I guess we'll never know the intents. 🧐

Edited by jedimasterjac

Just now, jedimasterjac said:

Why use the broad term "content" when the only thing that qualifies as "content," in your eyes, is operations?

Are you trying to make a point or are you arguing for the sake of arguing?

• Like 1

Just now, Prapcaster said:

Are you trying to make a point or are you arguing for the sake of arguing?

My point is mainly that your whole position is in bad faith. Just be upfront instead of this whole veneer you're using. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, jedimasterjac said:

My point is mainly that your whole position is in bad faith. Just be upfront instead of this whole veneer you're using. 🤷‍♂️

Dawg this ain't fleet chat. I gave a criticism that even content creators are even saying at this moment on their streams. Have fun with your 20 minute flashpoint though.

10 minutes ago, jedimasterjac said:

No one was spamming. I was watching the chat. Any mention what so ever about R4 was met with a deletion by mod.

Just now, xxSHOONYxx said:

At the beginning it was not banned. When more and more people began asking any mention of r4 was banned

It's just so bizarre. I figured it was on their list of things they planned to add. To me it looks like they regret R-4.

I understand that the team was not planning to talk about operations or even answer live questions about it during the 7.3 livestream. (Maybe banning people in the chat asking about R-4 wasn't the smartest move though... @JackieCao)

However, R-4 Anomaly master mode is a popular request amongst the raiding community and we haven't got any news about it since it was first announced in another livestream (originally scheduled to release in 2022). I guess this forum section is a more appropriate place to ask than the livestream chat, so here we go:

Is the master mode of operation R-4 Anomaly still planned and when can we expect to hear about it?

You're all have good points R-4 does need to be address and they should've addressed and also they should've been expecting that topic to come up it literally what they get paid to do.  Nobody should be silence not sure why that happen. We all have the same goal of making this the best Star Wars MMO.  I completely agree. I think 7.3 content update is Rated D grade and we deserve better. Game been out for 12 years and it has had it UP's and Down's. I remember the day when after the content been shared there was Q&A session and the Dev actually interacted with the community. 

The content has become Stale and storylines have dragged on way to long. Malgus Storyline is old and not attractive. The only good thing is that they are moving away from that storyline FP Content. Some of their best FP has nothing to do with the main story such as Red Reaper and Keon under siege and lost island. 

let's not even talk about the Combat changes that should've never let the discussion room. 

I've do have a big problem with the reskin of old item from the core game and then on stream calling them new Armor set. Stop doing that you lose credibility. 

This game need a Overhaul it feels dated and that were the focus should be.  

13 minutes ago, Kazjan said:

I've do have a big problem with the reskin of old item from the core game and then on stream calling them new Armor set. Stop doing that you lose credibility. 

This game need a Overhaul it feels dated and that were the focus should be.  

That's a very good point I wasn't even thinking about the reskinned armors. The pvp armor for the new seasons ia a prime example of this. I've seen one person the entire past 2 seaons wearing any of it. It's so fugly and lazily designed after they claimed they were making good rewards for pvp. People only want previous rewards because the designs early on in the game were really good looking.

The biggest issue is that the devs seem afraid of criticism and I get it. When they log onto the forums and browse everything they're probably not filled with a feeling of pride. It's pretty much all negative feedback. But ignoring it and only listening to their echo chamber of content creators has turned swtor into nothing but a micro transaction lobby.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Prapcaster said:

That's a very good point I wasn't even thinking about the reskinned armors. The pvp armor for the new seasons ia a prime example of this. I've seen one person the entire past 2 seaons wearing any of it. It's so fugly and lazily designed after they claimed they were making good rewards for pvp. People only want previous rewards because the designs early on in the game were really good looking.

The biggest issue is that the devs seem afraid of criticism and I get it. When they log onto the forums and browse everything they're probably not filled with a feeling of pride. It's pretty much all negative feedback. But ignoring it and only listening to their echo chamber of content creators has turned swtor into nothing but a micro transaction lobby.

7.2 removed ranked pvp and added story content, 7.3 more story content with reused armors and thinking a fp counts as group content. I hope i am wrong but Bioware seems to be headed towards a 4.0 style of game that failed misserably and people left in masses because all it had to offer was story chapters that people played once and wouldnt care to log till the next one released and the game was kept afloat thanks to rpers buying cartel market stuff.
But this time when they realize their mistake, AGAIN, they will have even less resources and less people playing to pull a "last ditch effort" content to extend the life time of this game and to not lose their job. 

8 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

7.2 removed ranked pvp and added story content, 7.3 more story content with reused armors and thinking a fp counts as group content. I hope i am wrong but Bioware seems to be headed towards a 4.0 style of game that failed misserably and people left in masses because all it had to offer was story chapters that people played once and wouldnt care to log till the next one released and the game was kept afloat thanks to rpers buying cartel market stuff.
But this time when they realize their mistake, AGAIN, they will have even less resources and less people playing to pull a "last ditch effort" content to extend the life time of this game and to not lose their job. 

Sadly I think you're right. We've all been saying for years that this game has had one foot out the door and I think we're seing the second step out right now. I'll forever cherish the memories and freinds I've made here bad I think they're about to make servers NA and EU. In about 2 years I could see the announcment made that the servers will be shutting down.

27 minutes ago, Prapcaster said:

Both old devs and new devs too, they can't take negative feedback and think feedback can only be constructive if it is in favor of them.

And what is the point of having livestreams if you don't want to interact with your viewers?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Balameb said:

Both old devs and new devs too, they can't take negative feedback and think feedback can only be constructive if it is in favor of them.

And what is the point of having livestreams if you don't want to interact with your viewers?

I don't know about you but to me it almost felt like a recording. Very little interaction and talking at us instead of with us.

Edit: Personally I think it would do the devs a ton of good if they did a weekly/monthly stream just playing the game and saying they aren't there to answer questions. They seem so detached from the game and its community that just playing it would do them a lot of good pr.

Edited by Prapcaster
  • Like 1

I'd say why would you want to add master mode R4 anyways.. when only the top .005 % of people who do raids have cleared the first boss in veteran mode.

I'd rather be inspiring the devs to make a NEW OPS than roast them over this minute omission../ avoiding the subject..

Ps.. please make new ops.. 🫶

47 minutes ago, LEEscoundral said:

I'd say why would you want to add master mode R4 anyways.. when only the top .005 % of people who do raids have cleared the first boss in veteran mode.

I'd rather be inspiring the devs to make a NEW OPS than roast them over this minute omission../ avoiding the subject..

Yeah, they should just bring out a real story mode for R4, and then rename the current 2 modes  as Vet and Master.  Bit silly of bioware to make a storyline for an operation that less than 5% of the players will ever see.

Then make a brand new operation, with a proper story, vet, and master mode from launch.  This 'we'll bring out harder modes later' is not a great way to do things.

Edited by LD_Little_Dragon

46 minutes ago, LEEscoundral said:

People wanting R4 is irrelevant honestly. It's the fact that even the mention of R4 or ranked pvp is being silenced. Why can't we ask questions about the game? They gutted content in pvp and fumbled what could've been a good operation in pve. That's why they don't want anyone mentioning is. Both of those are a stain on their record. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LEEscoundral said:

Now imagine if they promise new ops for late 2023 and you are banned when asking in 2025 about news about the new ops.
Plus the number is hardly that low, and even then the reason why its low is biowares fault for their bad designe on everything else that is way too easy.

And if they reply that interest in ops is low so no r4 nim... well no s****, they treat endgame as an after thought of course people that like endgame wont play your game until they pay attention to it, or as soon as they reach endgame they will leave seeing the state is. Many people reviewed game last year, well known among the mmo community and they said good game, but engame is a joke and they should be ashamed of it and recommended people not to play it as a main mmo because of it. 

28 minutes ago, LD_Little_Dragon said:

Yeah, they should just bring out a real story mode for R4, and then rename the current 2 modes  as Vet and Master.  Bit silly of bioware to make a storyline for an operation that less than 5% of the players will ever see.

hm r4 hm is WAAAAAAY too easy to be branded as a nim