Dark vs Light tokens vendor

Kirameki

When you guys removed the DvL system you've kept the vendors who accept the dark and light side tokens open. However it was not possible to gain them anymore. So now there's people who want to buy items from these vendor but don't have enough tokens or none at all because they're new players. 

Since you guys are not re-implementing the DvL system anytime soon or perhaps not at all why not add what these vendors sell to the regular darkside and lightside vendor ? The Arcann customizations for example are now sitting like a carrot on a stick....out of reach for some.

• Like 7

On 11/10/2021 at 10:28 AM, JackieKo said:

Will the DvL items be available for credits instead of tokens?

• No - DvL items will remain available for tokens. We will add back in the ability to acquire tokens in a future update via the DvL bosses.

It has only been a year-and-a-half since they told us the DvL tokens would be brought back in a future update.  Just a mere three months before 7.0 released.  Why are you so impatient?  Why can you not just wait quietly in a corner until BW finally gets around to that "future" update?  /s

Yeah, they knew well before 7.0 released that they were doing this, why did they not have a plan to restore these within a couple months, six at the latest, after 7.0 released?  If they did not have an immediate plan in place then they should have just changed them to cost credits, and tech frags, too, probably (because BW just loves appending tech frag costs to things that do not need it :::cough:::Ossus decorations:::cough:::).  Hell, they are looking for credit sinks (allegedly), the DvL vendors and the deco vendor on Ossus are perfect places to make credit sinks by charging credits for those items rather than an unneeded secondary currency.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just started and find out that there is a gear set that let you get 50% exp bonus!! WOOW that's great. So I get it. Why not to start gathering stuff from begining to get the set? Nice thinking. Weeeeellllll NOOO! you can't get it because you can't get no tokens for the content you are doing anyways. This is so frustating. I'm being punished for being new player. 

Emphatically agree with this.

Nothing is worse in a game then when you are a newer player and older systems/rewards are still in the game yet you as a newer player cannot ever access them since the functionality for obtaining the specific vendor currency have been removed.

I feel this way about the DvL vendors, the DvL "datacrons" (which are still available but do nothing at all anymore) and reputation that belongs to seasons passed (it'd be nice to have a way to still earn reputation for those groups, even past their season. Perhaps a handful of dailies to slowly gain rep when you didn't achieve Legend status during the season). I know that is a bit off topic but I feel that it is essentially the same issue; keeping things in the game that players can never complete. Either remove it or reimplement it in some fashion.

On 4/16/2023 at 9:15 AM, Kirameki said:

The Arcann customizations for example are now sitting like a carrot on a stick....out of reach for some.

P.S. The Arcann customizations are my carrot on a stick too. lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rFrag said:

Well I just started and find out that there is a gear set that let you get 50% exp bonus!! WOOW that's great. So I get it. Why not to start gathering stuff from begining to get the set? Nice thinking. Weeeeellllll NOOO! you can't get it because you can't get no tokens for the content you are doing anyways. This is so frustating. I'm being punished for being new player. 

The DvL xp armor was from the event itself. It isn’t available on the vendor as far as I know.  Now, granted, I haven’t checked the vendor in who knows how long.  

2 hours ago, Darcmoon said:

The DvL xp armor was from the event itself. It isn’t available on the vendor as far as I know.  Now, granted, I haven’t checked the vendor in who knows how long.  

Still I wish I had the opportunity to get the set if I know it is in the game. Now my goal is to do the story on my main. But after that I see no sense in playing other than to the legendary status. If I know I can do it and have exp 50% faster well that would make life easier! But if not that is just discouraging. 

Of courze readding way to obtain dvl tokens should be made... however I'd also suggest to make rewards in those DvL vednors not bind on pikcup, but on legacy/use.
I have a character that have almost max dark side tokens, but can't do sh*t with it, because everything binds on pickup. I want e.g Dark Side customisation on Arcann on other character, but I can't. Becasue no way to obtain it on other character.
There is nothing worse than making rewards bind on pickup. This is so stupid that I cannot elaborate more, because I'll get another -1 point.

Make those rewards at least bound to legacy/bind on use.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/16/2023 at 11:36 AM, DawnAskham said:

They should set credit prices for all these items and be done with it.

i wouldn't agree with credit prices for ALL of the items. things like the outfits/weapons, etc. should be left to the token currency for those who were playing at the time in which they were attainable. plenty of games have unobtainable or retired items. the arcann customizations on the other hand, i agree, should be available to those who come after the D/L tokens-era. or, of course, they're probably going to add a new way to obtain the tokens. 

• 2 weeks later...

Has there been an update to this yet? I missed the LVD event due to deployment and when I came back I got like 9 tokens. I'm now at the true endgame of this and they have gear I want to get for looks. I can't buy anything because you need tokens that you can no longer obtain. Would be nice to add it to world bosses or have a week long LVD event like the swoop race or bounty stuff. Talk to someone and they give you a mission and you go kill said target and get rewarded a token. Complete a weekly and get like 2 or 5 tokens.

• 2 months later...

Bumping this because im working on achievement completion and was looking to see if the bosses even still exist, or i'd not be able to finish everything.  Hopefully BW actually had plans for re-implementing them and the tokens, and shared them with the new admin (and maybe new admin will actually do smthn about it?)

On 4/28/2023 at 11:56 AM, rFrag said:

On 4/28/2023 at 4:52 PM, Darcmoon said:

The XP armor set is a different DvL event than what the DvL vendors sell:

The DvL event we had back in the stone age required us to go through all content (class stories, vet and MM flashpoints, some ops bosses) to get the rewards, and one of the rewards was the XP armor. Other rewards included titles and CM stuff. 

The DvL vendor sells items with tokens we used to get from almost any content, but they were linked to your character's alignment and the faction that controlled the galaxy. If you were LS character, but DS was always winning, you didn't get much tokens, and vice versa.

With that system we also had some special bosses on specific planets. They only spawned if one faction was controlling the galaxy, they despawned if someone attacked them and died. They also required a big group (usually 24 people) to kill them. Killing them all gave decos and possibly an achievement too, I don't remember anymore.

In SWTOR, whenever anything claims to enhance a players quality of life, whether its an "exp bonus" or anything else, nothing ever works as described,   there is always a "catch".

With this particular case, the "catch" was the removal of the specific game currency (tokens) needed to obtain the armor/weapons or anything else from the vendors still in game.

Edited by Lord_Malganus

3 hours ago, Lord_Malganus said:

With this particular case, the "catch" was the removal of the specific game currency (tokens) needed to obtain a bonus XP armor set or anything else from the vendors.

The XP armor set wasn’t available from the DvL vendors.  It was a reward from the original DvL event back in the day.  It required meeting a long list of requirements to get all of it.