Test server, Shae Vizla, will be opening on April 3rd!

JackieKo

On 3/31/2023 at 12:39 PM, TrixxieTriss said:

They know they’ll never get 50 players on the PTS at the same time to do that. 

I was pleasantly surprised to be wrong about this. 😎

Yesterday there were 50+ players lvling up on Korriban alone. 

So there is definitely the potential for 50 max lvl players to try & do a world boss.

And BioWare could definitely try & coordinate if it’s an important metric for them. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

Why is the server ping so bad on Shae Visla? It was over 230ms. 

It's physically located in the APAC region. If you are in the US or Europe you will see high pings

Just now, DWho said:

It's physically located in the APAC region. If you are in the US or Europe you will see high pings

Thanks. I'm not an expert on cloud services. So my ignorance was thinking being a Cloud Service would make it a stable connection for most places.

Just now, Traceguy said:

Thanks. I'm not an expert on cloud services. So my ignorance was thinking being a Cloud Service would make it a stable connection for most places.

nope, cloud servers still need to have a physical location so your ping is related to how far you are away from it. It in theory lets you shift that location to suit needs.

On 4/3/2023 at 2:15 PM, JackieKo said:

Yup, it'll count for you both! If you could also leave feedback of your experiences in the feedback thread, that would be awesome. Thanks! 

Out of curiosity does it count if you solo the flashpoint? Couldn't find a group for the flashpoint so ended up soloing a veteran mode Hammer Station lol. Does it have to be with at least one other person or does solo count?

• Dev Post
4 hours ago, Engeopathichero said:

Out of curiosity does it count if you solo the flashpoint? Couldn't find a group for the flashpoint so ended up soloing a veteran mode Hammer Station lol. Does it have to be with at least one other person or does solo count?

Completion of a Flashpoint with a group or solo will count! Getting feedback on the performance of both scenarios will be welcome because we want to get as much data as possible on how everything in the game performs on this server.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just completed an Arena match and a Solo FP (Korriban Incursion) as a level 80 Pub - performance was great!

Hoping that we will be able to have a permanent APAC server like this!

I'm from Australia, so for me, the performance was so much better than what I experience on both Star Forge and Satelle Shan 🙂

Edited by Master-Paulus
  • Like 1

Do I need to complete all objectives with one character or does it count if I've done flashpoint with one and pvp with another character? And is there way to track process?

Edited by Morlom

My experience with the server was fantastic.  I live in South East Asia, so connection to Star Forge is really bad.  I did Flashpoint (the train one with lots of moving animation) ,  4v4 Arena, some Heroics.  All of them are very very smooth. 

I know this is only a testing phase, but I would love if one day, we will have an official APAC server.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shayddow said:

As today is the last day of the server for testing (April 18th) how do we go about claiming our reward for testing? Thanks

From the news article about the testing phase.
"This mount will be granted to all eligible players upon the next patch update following the closing of the test server."

On 4/3/2023 at 6:06 PM, Amodin said:

If you would read the article linked in the original post of this message by Jackie, it literally tells you why the migration is taking place.  Literally.

Yea. I literally didnt ask why. Literally.

But doesnt matter ... others got it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.