I think Story Mode FP's are too hard and drawn out

I can be the commander of the Alliance and arguably one of the most powerful characters in the story, yet I still die to a basic pack of mobs very often in FP's. I'm also overleveled for them. Makes absolutely no sense. Why even have levels in the first place if they don't matter anymore? I often don't feel actually very powerful. I guess that means I'll have to spend my credits to buy some better gear because this is just getting worse and worse. I can be 10-20 levels above the mobs, have a solid build picked out but I still struggle from time to time. Either my companions aren't healing often enough or they simply can't keep up. For a difficulty that's suppose to be "story mode", I think it needs some work here. Even when the mobs aren't killing me, these FP's tend to DRAAAAAAAGGGGGG on so long. The enemies just feel like massive bullet sponges half the time.

No not those, moreso post Fallen Empire FP's. For example I'm on the one right now on Menaan and have died at least twice trying to get through this. The mobs deal so much damage and it feels like Arn is just doing nothing to heal me until I'm already at 20% and by then I have to start kiting them. This is miserable. This simply isn't a solo difficulty.

8 hours ago, SierraLovesCats said:

And for reference I'm playing a sorc at level 80, Gearscore is 286, also using stims and medpacks to try and buff myself, also went through 3 different DPS builds to see if that would help me.

If you are level 80 your gear rating should be at least 324. That's what you can buy at fleet from one of the vendors (conquest gear vendor, I think).  324 gear is not that great either, but 286 is lower than 6.0 BiS gear which was iR 306, so it's like you are hitting the mobs with a wet noodle. 

13 hours ago, SierraLovesCats said:

No not those, moreso post Fallen Empire FP's. For example I'm on the one right now on Menaan and have died at least twice trying to get through this. The mobs deal so much damage and it feels like Arn is just doing nothing to heal me until I'm already at 20% and by then I have to start kiting them. This is miserable. This simply isn't a solo difficulty.

If you're on Manaan with Arn, that's not a flashpoint. That's the main storyline.

I'd pick up some gear, per DeannaVoyager's suggestion, and plan your mob pulls more carefully. (Use your CC, go easy with the AoE, let Arn engage first, kill the healer mobs, etc.)

Are you not using the gear boxes that drop? 

Unless they changed something then just doing the original lots storyline you get basic 318/320 gear and trash drops start at 320.  Although if you have any conquest comms then it's better to buy the 324 from the  conquest gear vendor.   286 is really low, that's level 75 gear.  I mean it's doable, but you're making it harder on yourself then it needs to be.

On 3/8/2023 at 9:24 PM, SierraLovesCats said:

Why even have levels in the first place if they don't matter anymore?

but levels do matter.

at low levels the Game expects you to be a beginner, it doesn't give you many decisions however it bloats your stats enough you get trough even when all you have is saber strike and double strike with half your gear missing.

at a higher Level the Game expects you to have learned how to play so it stops babysitting you.

think of Gear as what makes the Game easier and of your level as what makes the game more complex. and well, complex can mean harder if you don't use it to your advantage.