Reaction Limit

greenhor

This is soooo off topic and I just woke up, but imagine my disappointment when I can't add any more reactions today. Is Bioware/EA grumpy too this morning? I just wanted to like one more topic...what's wrong with liking one more? What does this mean tho? Something in the system that prevents you from adding any more reactions?

• Like 1

Yeah, it's to prevent spam. I think it probably goes up based on your reputation somehow, but only Bioware knows the specific limitations. Someone rocking 500 reputation is probably going to have more reactions than someone with 10 reputation. I think Reputation is the total number of reactions you got from other forumites, but not totally sure on that either.

10 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

Yeah, it's to prevent spam

How though? It doesn't promote spam in the slightest, if anything it shows more of what people agree/ disagree with. How do you say you want feedback, then limit reactions which is a crucial way in providing feedback?

3 hours ago, Weswhitebore said:

How though? It doesn't promote spam in the slightest, if anything it shows more of what people agree/ disagree with. How do you say you want feedback, then limit reactions which is a crucial way in providing feedback?

I think they want to promote quality posters rather than the ones that post the most often. If likes were unlimited, the people that post the most would usually have the highest reputation even though there might be others that have a higher percentage of liked posts. When likes are unlimited, people are more freewheeling with their likes and often like any post that doesn't offend them. When likes are limited, people are more careful of what they like, so only the best posts get likes and people that post the most don't necessarily have the highest reputation. (posting a lot still helps, but isn't the main metric)

12 minutes ago, ThanderSnB said:

I think they want to promote quality posters rather than the ones that post the most often. If likes were unlimited, the people that post the most would usually have the highest reputation even though there might be others that have a higher percentage of liked posts.

I don't know about that, just look at Instragram and Twitter, how much you post has nothing to do with it,  the most quality/ popular post have unlimited likes. A user should not be restricted to picking and choosing which post to like because they are limited on how to like them.

14 minutes ago, ThanderSnB said:

s. When likes are unlimited, people are more freewheeling with their likes and often like any post that doesn't offend them.

That is their right to use their like as they please, they are going to do that regardless of if their likes are limited or not.

11 minutes ago, Weswhitebore said:

I don't know about that, just look at Instragram and Twitter, how much you post has nothing to do with it,  the most quality/ popular post have unlimited likes. A user should not be restricted to picking and choosing which post to like because they are limited on how to like them.

That is their right to use their like as they please, they are going to do that regardless of if their likes are limited or not.

There isn't a one size fits all solution for social media. Different rules will promote different social behaviors. Also, it's a private platform. No one has any right to likes. It's up to whoever runs the platform to decide that.

What I wrote is what I think are the reasons Bioware made it this way, but maybe they have other reasons. Short of them posting, we can only guess.

It's okay to disagree on this. I don't hold it against you in any way.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

So what’s the actual number of reactions you have each day?

Is it 10 for everyone or is it based on your reputation score? 

It's  '10' per day ( as in, per 24 hours ) , regardless of  reputation score.   I've tested this by the way, first noticing the '10' cap  within the initial week of these new forums and then re-testing that 10 limit again weeks later, and periodically ( as recently as a couple days ago ) , during which time my own score evolved.

My guess is during 'phase 2' of these new forums, they ( BioWare ) are gonna make some tweaks/changes to the whole reputation algorithm, as well as increasing our click-reactions cap ( relating to, as you said, the potential reputation score system ) .  But that's just a guess and i have no inside scoop or whatever.

Edited by Nee-Elder

OK so I had a bit of time to read up on the forums today and as I read through various threads I gave a bit of moral support with a smiley here and a heart there when I read something I thought made a good point.

It appears I am being too supportive as I have reached my daily reaction limit.  Devs really?!!...have ye nothing better to be doing with yourselves?

This game loves capping fun activities!...God forbid we should enjoy ourselves too much!  ( Can we get a cap on the number of caps employed?!!)

Edited by hillerbees
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MortenJessen said:

This being a V-bulletin page, it is not BW that sets the limits, it is a preset from the developers of the forum software.

Possibly ..  BUT I'm just curious if there is some way to "manage" that number and bump it up a bit!  Sometimes there are multiple topics with a lot going on and I'd love to throw a bit more support to posts that I REALLY do appreciate!
Caps on point and stuff we get in game .. caps on top of caps!!

[/Facepalm]

Good grief Charlie Brown!!  WE DO need to cap the number of items that have caps!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OlBuzzard said:

Possibly ..  BUT I'm just curious if there is some way to "manage" that number and bump it up a bit!  Sometimes there are multiple topics with a lot going on and I'd love to throw a bit more support to posts that I REALLY do appreciate!
Caps on point and stuff we get in game .. caps on top of caps!!

[/Facepalm]

Good grief Charlie Brown!!  WE DO need to cap the number of items that have caps!!

I'm pretty sure there  is. All forum softwares are highly customisable.