Testing 64-bit on the PTS!

JackieKo

18 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

The old map's default keybind is Alt+M, but can be changed to be whatever you prefer.

I know, but for odd reasons, on PTS the old map is bugged even more than the new map. If the mini map is not blacked out, the main map often shows no symbols or marks at all. Even with filters done.

4 minutes ago, Grindnmosh said:

What are the chances of DX11 or DX12 with 64bit upgrade when it hits live?

Actually when it hits Live?  Slim and none, or less than that.  As a follow-up later, it's possible, but it almost certainly won't be there on day one of "64-bit is live".

EDIT: although they might surprise me.  I'm not holding my breath waiting for it, though.

Edited by SteveTheCynic
clarification
  • Like 1

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Grindnmosh:

What are the chances of DX11 or DX12 with 64bit upgrade when it hits live?

naaaaahhh, Windows 10 and Win11 had DX12.
DX11 had Windows 7, cannot by DX12 started.
For Windows 10/11 don't matter DX1 to DX11.
Can you do DX9c SDK with 64-bit install.

Edited by Unterlord

8 minutes ago, Unterlord said:

naaaaahhh, Windows 10 and Win11 had DX12.
DX11 had Windows 7, cannot by DX12 started.
For Windows 10/11 don't matter DX1 to DX11.
Can you do DX9c SDK with 64-bit install.

DX9 does, indeed, work in 64-bit programs.  Example: Guild Wars 2 has been 64-bit for several years, and still has a DX9 option.  (In fact, when it went 64-bit, GW2 had *only* DX9.)

• Like 1

• Dev Post

Hello everyone, 

I hope you all had a lovely holiday season. We wanted to let you know that we will be deploying a new PTS build shortly. We received reports of players crashing when trying out the 64-bit build. If you are one of these players, we would like you to play the game on PTS once more. We are currently pinpointing what is causing the crashing issue. So it is possible that you may crash again during this iteration, however, the reports that you send in will provide us with additional details on your experience. Please follow the steps written out here to submit reports if your game does crash. 

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hello everyone, 

I hope you all had a lovely holiday season. We wanted to let you know that we will be deploying a new PTS build shortly. We received reports of players crashing when trying out the 64-bit build. If you are one of these players, we would like you to play the game on PTS once more. We are currently pinpointing what is causing the crashing issue. So it is possible that you may crash again during this iteration, however, the reports that you send in will provide us with additional details on your experience. Please follow the steps written out here to submit reports if your game does crash. 

Thanks!

I think I got the new build (it updated something, at any rate) and I *still* have an empty server list.  Is this being looked into, or are there other troubleshooting steps I should take?

12 minutes ago, jbuncher said:

I think I got the new build (it updated something, at any rate) and I *still* have an empty server list.  Is this being looked into, or are there other troubleshooting steps I should take?

Yeah, had the same problem with the PTS, empty server list. Haven't tried it since last week. Maybe I'll try it again this week and see if the problem persists.

28 minutes ago, Unterlord said:

What your processor, video card, OS version and RAM?
Have you AntiVirus software?

I have no issues with live, or the previous 7.2 that was on PTS.

and that question has been ask and answered already.  I appreciate the help , thank you.

just posting for BW, I'm not the only one not seeing the server

vor einer Stunde schrieb Achnaattwo:

I have no issues with live, or the previous 7.2 that was on PTS.

and that question has been ask and answered already.  I appreciate the help , thank you.

just posting for BW, I'm not the only one not seeing the server

no no, no, no!

Live and PTS are not same Server, not same Version.
I have problem with PT-Server low FPS then Live-server.
not same!

I don't know, what you have use your Ssystem specs.

Edited by Unterlord

5 hours ago, Unterlord said:

system specs.

On 12/24/2022 at 1:24 AM, Achnaattwo said:

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    22H2
Installed on    ‎07-‎Aug-‎20
OS build    19045.2364
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

Am 6.1.2023 um 22:23 schrieb Achnaattwo:

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    22H2
Installed on    ‎07-‎Aug-‎20
OS build    19045.2364
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

32-bit or 64-bit

when you have 32-bit by Windows 10 Pro.
You cannot playing be SWTOR,.... end of the line.

when you have 64-bit by Windows 10 Pro.
You have blocked AntiVirus and Windows Defender Firewall,..... on DNS-Server
It's possible Windows 10 Pro have ''failure''.
You can reinstall Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

On 1/3/2023 at 8:05 PM, DWho said:

Yeah, had the same problem with the PTS, empty server list. Haven't tried it since last week. Maybe I'll try it again this week and see if the problem persists.

yup, still blank server list. Oh well, maybe the next iteration will work better.

1 hour ago, Unterlord said:

32-bit or 64-bit

when you have 32-bit by Windows 10 Pro.
You cannot playing be SWTOR,.... end of the line.

when you have 64-bit by Windows 10 Pro.
You have blocked AntiVirus and Windows Defender Firewall,..... on DNS-Server
It's possible Windows 10 Pro have ''failure''.
You can reinstall Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Dude, I don't want to pick a fight, but this is pretty awful advice.

1.)  He said he got the empty server screen, not a crash, so he's at least loading the game.  I can't imagine it would get that far if he's on 32-bit Win10 Pro.
2.)  "Blocked by Firewall " might be true, but try being more helpful.  If it's blocked by the firewall or Windows Defender, can you provide ports /etc that need to be opened?  Or instructions on how others have circumvented the problem?  
3.)  "Reinstall Win10" is insane.  Reinstalling an entire OS should only ever be done as a last resort.

If anyone (dev or otherwise) on this thread has encountered the "blank server list" and actually overcome it, please help!  Is seems as though there are quite a few of us and the issue doesn't seem to be getting addressed.  What do you (devs) need from us to fix the problem!  Let us know and we'll provide it!

--Mop

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I've been on the pts and played a little but the performance has not changed from the live version.
Is there another update coming with improvements?

Are we just trying to get less crashes and empty servers for a while?
(just wondering how long the process is to move to the next phase..I'm super excited :D)