2023 Roadmap?

Sarova

I'm very undewhelmed with the lack of story content in 2022.  The one current story (if it can be called that) - the Shae Vizla- Heta Kol fiasco doesn't interest me much.  What's the likelihood of some proper story content next year? (By proper, read big and ongoing KotFE-style).  Will there be announcement on the continuation or conclusion of the Malgus story? Where's the 10 year celebration? Where are Arn and Rivix?  Will our classic companions ever get attention?

[Before anyone suggests it, yes I have quit & unsubbed - expires tomorrow.  Time to give swtor a rest until I hear there's something of interest to me coming.  I got fed up with the grind, the lack of story, the ruination of altoholics and worst of all, the weakening of lightning spec (my main and favourite spec). And my stuff is in storage so you can't have it! 🤪]

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hillerbees said:

Vanilla stories were so much better than Kotet or Kotfe - I don't understand how anyone would refer to the later in a positive way.

Not just the story but the way its delivered in an open world setting.

Enjoy your break.

People like different things... surely this is not news to you? Obviously class stories were superior since that's 8 unique stories with unique characters and companions, but I for one loved KOTFE/KOTET... it might be the best Star Wars story I have played through (with my Sith Warrior I love how well those expansions work as a sequel to that class story). Obviously some things could've been done better. Probably should've just been a true single player RPG separate from SWTOR. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Sarova said:

Where are Arn and Rivix? 

Personally, I couldn't care less about Arn, why on ..Coruscant would my Jedi(s) drop the romances with either Felix Iresso, Theron, Koth or Arcann to romance a 90% cyborg?? Sorry, but in this case, I would very much want to romance HK-55, at least he is funny. 

Rivix.. well.. he is an interesting dude, got to give you that. But the character is very underdeveloped, we don't even know what species is he ( Sith Pureblood- Human mix? Zeltron? ). 

• Like 3

On 12/12/2022 at 8:39 PM, hillerbees said:

Vanilla stories were so much better than Kotet or Kotfe - I don't understand how anyone would refer to the later in a positive way.

Not just the story but the way its delivered in an open world setting.

Enjoy your break.

I quite enjoy KOTFE/KOTET, IMO story-wise they were the best expansions.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, NicoleMay said:

I still love the story, but lets face it, the dev team cannot keep up without paid expansions anymore. Their team size is too small and stretched way too thin to do anything similar to Shadow of Revan again, let alone KOTFE/KOTET.

I hate to break it to you but even if they sold expansions for 50$ we still wouldn't get more content more more frequent content releases. 

The vast majority of the swtor playerbase is here for the story experience, people who wants to raid or pvp play WoW and FFXIV. People are HERE for a star wars story experience, the PVP and Raid scene is so small that they deleted ranked PVP.

Despite knowing this Bioware is too busy focusing on making UI changes no one asked for and releasing 1hours worth of story within a 1 year time frame.

JUST RELEASE STORY, that's all they have to do and the game will be just fine.  But they aren't, and they won't because they clearly think they are something that they aren,t they are trying to be something they will never be anymore.  I've also seen the new staff changes and needless to say this game is about to go woke and broke. Which it's already started down that disney path.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Yojadi said:

I hate to break it to you but even if they sold expansions for 50$ we still wouldn't get more content more more frequent content releases. 

The vast majority of the swtor playerbase is here for the story experience, people who wants to raid or pvp play WoW and FFXIV. People are HERE for a star wars story experience, the PVP and Raid scene is so small that they deleted ranked PVP.

Despite knowing this Bioware is too busy focusing on making UI changes no one asked for and releasing 1hours worth of story within a 1 year time frame.

JUST RELEASE STORY, that's all they have to do and the game will be just fine.  But they aren't, and they won't because they clearly think they are something that they aren,t they are trying to be something they will never be anymore.  I've also seen the new staff changes and needless to say this game is about to go woke and broke. Which it's already started down that disney path.

Yes because releasing story is easy you don't need a budget to hire developers for it at all, you just flip a single switch and out comes 60 hours of cutscenes. Also, Star Wars has always been woke.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, FlameYOL said:

I quite enjoy KOTFE/KOTET, IMO story-wise they were the best expansions.

Agreed!!!  (From a story standpoint of view). 

I didn't care for losing all companions for as long as we did (some of them I was GLAD to get rid of)!  And a lot of the gearing mechanics was ...  ummm  (trying to be nice) ...  ridiculous!!

Edited by OlBuzzard
more than one error !! (oops)
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Yojadi said:

I've also seen the new staff changes and needless to say this game is about to go woke and broke. Which it's already started down that disney path.

Uh... I'd ask you to elaborate more, but I don't really care to hear your crazy conspiracy theory. And since you are clearly using "Woke unironically, I can tell it's going to be a conspiracy theory.

Edited by LtGeneralGezlin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I am not what you call a great fan of the Mandalorians (just not my cup of tea), but this story was excellent.  While one of my Jedi would like to continue the romance with Arn, the flirting she did in this story was fun.  No, my Jedi will not take it further, but harmless flirting, come on.

My sorceress would love to continue her romance with Rivxx, his being Zeltron is different and fun, but not every character can be in every story, and some like a variety.

Edited by casirabit

4 minutes ago, casirabit said:

[/snip]

While one of my Jedi would like to continue the romance with Arn, the flirting she did in this story was fun.  No, my Jedi will not take it further, but harmless flirting, come on.

My sorceress would love to continue her romance with Rivxx, his being Zeltron is different and fun, but not every character can be in every story, and some like a variety.

I think one of my smuggler characters would probably have fun getting to know Kira ...  Kind of wish that was available. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2022 at 1:38 PM, OlBuzzard said:

I think one of my smuggler characters would probably have fun getting to know Kira ...  Kind of wish that was available. 

While all this conversation was going on, I was developing something that put me in the hospital for a while. But I happened to see this tonight, and yes, while the sad truth is that crossover relationships -- be they friendships, romances, or working relationships will have to exist in our own headcanons and nowhere else.... my own has some really interesting relationships. The development of the relationship between Jorgan and Corso takes a good long while for them to appreciate one another because of assumptions being made. Var Suthra has a whole slew of different things people think about him or know about him. Playing enough time over enough years gets you to start to think about the different characters and if or how they know one another.  

4 hours ago, strallart said:

As long as we get new story that ISNT mando focused, I'll be happy. 7.2's story is the most god awful thing I've ever played through in this game.

The story hasn't concluded so we'll definitely see more Mandalorian focus.  It's my opinion that the cutscenes on Ruhnuk are the best we've had to date. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2022 at 6:02 PM, Sarova said:

I'm very undewhelmed with the lack of story content in 2022.  The one current story (if it can be called that) - the Shae Vizla- Heta Kol fiasco doesn't interest me much.  What's the likelihood of some proper story content next year? (By proper, read big and ongoing KotFE-style).  Will there be announcement on the continuation or conclusion of the Malgus story? Where's the 10 year celebration? Where are Arn and Rivix?  Will our classic companions ever get attention?

[Before anyone suggests it, yes I have quit & unsubbed - expires tomorrow.  Time to give swtor a rest until I hear there's something of interest to me coming.  I got fed up with the grind, the lack of story, the ruination of altoholics and worst of all, the weakening of lightning spec (my main and favourite spec). And my stuff is in storage so you can't have it! 🤪]

Ye gods, I hope we don't get any KotFE/ET "style" story content.

Some of the very worst story content in the game, appallingly delivered IMO.

I like the release cadene of a few chapters here, a few chapters a bit later, and maybe the first half of FE was interesting to a point, but the second half of FE and all of ET we very lacklustre, rinse-repeat corridor runs with almost metronomic predictability in how many enemy would turn up when in what strength.

The best thing since FE/ET is the ability to bypass it all and jump straight into Ossus - they would not have added that if FE/ET was considered "good quality" content by the majority of the player base.

All The Best

• Thanks 1

I appreciated the AMOUNT of content KOTFE/KOTET gave us, but yeah it also ruined the game with it's "commander" and "alliance" nonsense. 

It would be nice to have that amount of content back, after seeing the so called "expansion" we got.

Bioware has spent a lot of effort afterwards trying to fix the game after that. They were doing a good job until 7.0, when they decided to mess with an already messed up combat system and all of the horrendous UI changes.

Edited by strallart

I'm not really too worried about the content as long as we get some awesome story and branching dialog still and perhaps a return to class stories later on in the game that'd be neat.  It probably would be better for the story content to be on worlds where you see other players with perhaps parts of it (like the finale, or big story moments) to be treated more like KOTFE with very single player focus, if that isn't what's happening already.  

At this point if they had the people I'm sure they could also release SWTOR Classic and people would probably pile into it.   Think SWTOR Classic but 64 bit with touched up visuals and all the current improvements and bug fixes to the game.  Still the same content, talent trees, and difficulty but smoother on AWS servers as well.  I'd think that alone would get people excited for SWTOR.  

The one thing I keep hearing about SWTOR tho is that the end game is pretty lackluster, if not nonexistent.  I've heard this complaint from others before I even came back to this game.  Not sure what they plan to do in the future but this 'might' be a big one to work on if the funding and devs are able to.  No idea what this community wants in terms of better end game, or those that left, but it's something to look into.  Other than that most say the pvp is amazing and the story is tons of fun and then they leave again.

Edited by jedipattawan

27 minutes ago, TonyTricicolo said:

How would Swtor classic work? At what point in the game's history or story point do we separate classic from present?  You want to revert back to hybrid skill trees? 

It would appeal to those that want the old 2011 swtor back I guess.  It would just run separate with it's own servers and download.  Some people apparently love old SWTOR but I'm not sure if feasible for SWTOR as the interest might not be there, and I've only seen a few say they were interested here and there in it.  

Edited by jedipattawan
  • Like 1