2023 Roadmap?

Sarova

1 hour ago, jedipattawan said:

It would appeal to those that want the old 2011 swtor back I guess

Except that most of them, when challenged on that, admit that they meant "2011 SWTOR with all the QoL features like zero-cooldown QT, zero-cooldown Fleet pass, mount-while-running, taxis revealed on planet arrival, no clicking to unlock QT points, etc.".

• Like 3

In my opinion asking for a road map is not a lot to ask. Actually if you think about it is just showing us what the devs are working on. Keeping communication and making it clear is important to keep a loyal palyer base I think. Swtor has a loyal player base even with the outrageous lack of communication and transparency from the devs. I honestly don't even know how many people are working on the team right now (maybe I'm just misinformed). I don't know where they intend to take the stor

I do think unique storylines are what hooked us to this game in the first place, so keep doing that even if it takes longer for story content.

I think the game is in a limbo now where they don't know where they want to take the story. Don't get me wrong I LOVED shadow of revan and I hope we could have more story based on KOTOR or Idk maybe get some storylines they left untouched from the base game, and make some of our decisions in the beggining of the game have impact in the future of the galaxy. SWTOR has always had this identity crisis, but I think it should just embrace its single player experience and make storylines that show the influence of our choices. 

15 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Except that most of them, when challenged on that, admit that they meant "2011 SWTOR with all the QoL features like zero-cooldown QT, zero-cooldown Fleet pass, mount-while-running, taxis revealed on planet arrival, no clicking to unlock QT points, etc.".

I feel I should add that those same folks *also* overlook (when suggesting 1.0 SWTOR Classic) the huge(1) number of Operations (end-game content) available in 1.0.

(1) That's sarcasm.  There was one complete operation (EV) and one boss of a second (KP).

• Like 1

I want more story. That's all I want tbh. Don't want neither galactic season nor pvp season anytime soon. I don't like grind, though ofc I'm doing both of these, because found reasons to do it, yet it is too much, too tiresome. Want some rest from it.

But what I want is story. I/We don't know what next story patch will be about or when, but I really hope it will be something oriented around Malgus, Nul or Imp vs Rep.
Really, I don't care much about Mando arc, though I love Dar'manda, Indigo and Bask. Satele and

Spoiler

Syl/Vaylin

arc could be interesting to see it progress, but only as "addition".
Either completely new story arc or as mentioned above. Next part of war or something with Malgus in any possible way, from another talk with him to his escape or something, Nul and maybe planet where Arcann went or something. Definitely would want also new story FP.

As long as there are more story (and Theron - can't help being a fan girl) I'm good.

Story is the backbone of SWTOR, just keep them coming.

A road map would be good, give us a glimpse of BW's plan, even those we already know (64bit and Malgus/Mando arc?)

• Like 1

Would love a road map!

Also would love to see EA invest in the game.  Its doing well and turning a nice profit for them, if they would invest in player retention a bit further, you would see the numbers skyrocket. 

There are so many people out there currently playing WoW and FFXIV that would love to return to SWTOR if the endgame content was there (its one of the top comments I see in other discords/reddit).  Seeing a roadmap with plans for regular updates would pay off huge 

Edited by Wraithwarr

21 hours ago, felleto said:

In my opinion asking for a road map is not a lot to ask. Actually if you think about it is just showing us what the devs are working on. Keeping communication and making it clear is important to keep a loyal palyer base I think. Swtor has a loyal player base even with the outrageous lack of communication and transparency from the devs. I honestly don't even know how many people are working on the team right now (maybe I'm just misinformed). I don't know where they intend to take the stor

I do think unique storylines are what hooked us to this game in the first place, so keep doing that even if it takes longer for story content.

I think the game is in a limbo now where they don't know where they want to take the story. Don't get me wrong I LOVED shadow of revan and I hope we could have more story based on KOTOR or Idk maybe get some storylines they left untouched from the base game, and make some of our decisions in the beggining of the game have impact in the future of the galaxy. SWTOR has always had this identity crisis, but I think it should just embrace its single player experience and make storylines that show the influence of our choices. 

BW stated what 2 years ago that they would no longer be giving out road maps Well might have even been longer than 2 years. While this is disappointing for some, I also understood there reasons. 

Road maps to me offer very little in real terms as a player. Often dates are missed, the constant negativity on the forums before anything was even out was just (won't let me put the word) so I'll say- was just mind-numbingly stupid beyond belief.  Often the same Mr/Mrs negative would come along after saying they were wrong. 

So Road maps offered BW as a company nothing but ad grow. player base even less in real terms.

Unlike some players personally I don't need BW to rush to the forums to make comments, comments are only useful, if there something worth saying. Just because a player asks a question, if there no reply that is the answer in it's self.

Other things like server(s) going down, a game braking bug, or downtime for updates,  yes these things need posts & reply's, most other things don't. While I am not saying BW should not make posts on the forums. That is different to must reply......NOW. Which is often the aptitudes of players asking. I can think of a particular player but again cannot name individuals in this manor. Now there are exception to this, and that when BW themselves have asked for player feedback be that on a PTS build or the recent questionnaire on GS. If BW are asking then yes you need to follow this up with reply posts. Not as in answer every question asked, but with the conclusions you are coming with and more importantly why. Not just leave it alone and make a half soaked reply the day before it go's live.

I was not here from the start of this game, but have been here long enough to know how BW operate here on the forums and how they run the game. It's not going to change, so do the vast majority of you. As such the constant bickering/whining  is just getting old. 

Edited by DreadtechSavant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Dread is a forum and I don't expect to get a response like you said. I just think that most people don't want to play a dead or dying game, and not having communication or transparency with how things are happening behind the curtains it's a great way to feed this kind of speculation. Most people don't even bother with SWTOR because it's a game that takes forever to ship new updates.

Now like some other posters said before me, SWTOR makes a lot of revenue for EA (I remember seeing an article somewhere that the game is bringing a lot of revenue for the company) and people are just left wondering, if we're not getting updates where the hell is the money going. I understand that bickering and anger is not your way to deal with things, however, don't come saying people shouldn't do that if the game that they invest so much time on and pay for (let me add) is not doing enough. They have the right to voice their opinions as longs as they are specific. As I have said in many of my posts before Bioware needs to participate more even if it means dealing with negativity, that's just part of life. But doing nothing and keeping communication to a single post every thousand years is a bad sign for most people.

I know you may not agree, but hey this is a forum so people will disagree that's just part of the experience. Take care 😁

• Haha 1

I think EA cut SWTOR's funding after KOTFE/KOTET failed to generate the number's they were expecting. Bioware did a good job with what they had until 7.0.

7.0 is the most evidence we've ever had of Bioware having their budget cut, severely. SWTOR clearly makes money, and I think a decent amount. But EA feels differently, we don't know any number's here. 

On 1/23/2023 at 4:48 AM, strallart said:

I think EA cut SWTOR's funding after KOTFE/KOTET failed to generate the number's they were expecting. Bioware did a good job with what they had until 7.0.

7.0 is the most evidence we've ever had of Bioware having their budget cut, severely. SWTOR clearly makes money, and I think a decent amount. But EA feels differently, we don't know any number's here. 

FE/ET's biggest failing was just how quickly it became boring.

And it became boring so quickly because it was "one story fits all" - except it just didn't.

Almost nothing in FE/ET makes any sense at all if the Protagonist is not a Force User.

The idea of the Eternal Empire was good, the KEy Antagonists were OK, the "trash mobs" were utterly boring, predictable, and it was almost like the same "cast script" was copied on to every chapter, and despite cosmetic differences too many chapters were "corridor > 4 mobs > corridor > 4 mobs > corridor 2 elite mobs, 2 normal mobs > corridor" rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

The huge story beats made sense ONLY to Force Using MCs.

There should have been some "middle - chapter class divergence" so as to make replayability a lot more interesting.

What cam after FE/ET?

Iokath - so bad I've played it once on one toon and will NEVER go back.

Ossus - quite enjoyed it.

I've always enjoyed Manaan themed content - but that is the KOTOR fan-boy n me.

The Mandalorian / Malgus stuff is getting boring quickly.

Malgus has become the new Vitiate - "yay we defeated him, oh no he's back again for the third time" - they really, really, desperately need a more imaginative and less repetitive Lead Story Writer.

Oh, and maybe revisit some of the "empty places" on existing planets rather than having a continuous stream of new planets  - oh wait, new themed Cartel Packs - Cartel Store takes precedence over story.

All The Best

• Like 1

Coming  soon.

7.3 Kept in the dark

New story content (or not) that will re-unite players with an old foe(or not)

UI improvements that nobody wants or has asked for.

The promise of something vague and with more news to follow.

Galactic Seasons 4 where Cartel Coins are reduced further and you get to realise that tokens offered no longer hold any value as you have gathered the old stuff you wanted and there isn't anything new that is on offer.  Don't worry, we'll be keeping the subscriber track where you'll feel like your getting more but in fact it will only be low value items you have already.

To tie in with Star Wars Jedi Survivor we will be issuing all subscribers a mini pet - the same as last time only with the colours inverted.

By the end of the year we hope to have a third colour of sparkle powder but there is no guarantee that this will happen and may be pushed into 7.4 all going well.

Once again thanks for sticking with us, we're as excited about being kept in the dark as you are! 😜

**Just to note I am not a dev and I'm only having a laugh - just in case it was hard to distinguish**

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 9

14 minutes ago, hillerbees said:

Coming  soon.

7.3 Kept in the dark

Galactic Seasons 4 where Cartel Coins are reduced further and you get to realise that tokens offered no longer hold any value as you have gathered the old stuff you wanted and there isn't anything new that is on offer.  Don't worry, we'll be keeping the subscriber track where you'll feel like your getting more but in fact it will only be low value items you have already.

To tie in with Star Wars Jedi Survivor we will be issuing all subscribers a mini pet - the same as last time only with the colours inverted.

By the end of the year we hope to have a third colour of sparkle powder but there is no guarantee that this will happen and may be pushed into 7.4 all going well.

Once again thanks for sticking with us, we're as excited about being kept in the dark as you are! 😜

**Just to note I am not a dev and I'm only having a laugh - just in case it was hard to distinguish**

Note:  You succeeded!  I totally lost it on the bit about GS-4.  The tokens are just slightly better than useless.  AND in fact can keep anyone from finishing the next step ... because there's nothing to spend them on!

OY VEY!!

[/facepalm]

Edited by OlBuzzard

1 hour ago, OlBuzzard said:

Note:  You succeeded!  I totally lost it on the bit about GS-4.  The tokens are just slightly better than useless.  AND in fact can keep anyone from finishing the next step ... because there's nothing to spend them on!

OY VEY!!

[/facepalm]

Glad I gave you a laugh!! - Its a shame the tokens are next to worthless as they had to be skrimped and saved to get the fleet strongholds...which were a great idea, in fairness....but I am reminded of the scene in Father Ted where he commends Father Dougal for having a good idea and to continue and Dougal replies "I didn't think I had to follow one good idea up with another one Ted, I want out!"  C'mon devs more good ideas for us to spend our tokens on please!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hillerbees said:

Glad I gave you a laugh!! - Its a shame the tokens are next to worthless as they had to be skrimped and saved to get the fleet strongholds...which were a great idea, in fairness....but I am reminded of the scene in Father Ted where he commends Father Dougal for having a good idea and to continue and Dougal replies "I didn't think I had to follow one good idea up with another one Ted, I want out!"  C'mon devs more good ideas for us to spend our tokens on please!

I think I can honestly say that there are a LOT of folks that wish the team will give us a better selection of stuff to spend the tokens on!  The fleet Strongholds were a good idea ... but since then we're pretty much stuck in the mud!  The thread requesting feedback is a good one with SEVERAL excellent suggestions on the subject.  I really hope that the team takes it to heart and has a positive reaction to what has been said!

5 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

There are already at least three colours (red, blue, purple), so at least a fourth colour...  ;)

Question:  Is this sparkle powder anything like pixie dust?  (I'm guessing it's just about as useful?)

Edited by OlBuzzard

15 hours ago, OlBuzzard said:

Question:  Is this sparkle powder anything like pixie dust?  (I'm guessing it's just about as useful?)

You select a target, and "use" the powder (right-click on the inventory icon), and for a few seconds there's a a knee-high sparkling zone (in the colour the powder is named for) in the air around the target's feet.

That is *exactly* all it does.

1 minute ago, SteveTheCynic said:

You select a target, and "use" the powder (right-click on the inventory icon), and for a few seconds there's a a knee-high sparkling zone (in the colour the powder is named for) in the air around the target's feet.

That is *exactly* all it does.

YUP!!  Just about as useful as PIXIE dust!

[/facepalm]

• Haha 1

On 12/14/2022 at 2:04 PM, FlameYOL said:

I quite enjoy KOTFE/KOTET, IMO story-wise they were the best expansions.

I didn't really enjoy them when they released in 2016, but since I've returned to the game a few weeks ago and I've gotten to those expansions again, I'm enjoying them more.

I think the reason is because it's all released and I can play them from start to finish. When they released, it was once a month for a 15 minutes story mission.

But I don't have to wait a month between missions now, I can do them all at once and the story is more coherent when it's not broken up. It actually feels like a classic KOTOR like story.

20 hours ago, hillerbees said:

Coming  soon.

7.3 Kept in the dark

Spot on!