7.2 Start date?

Christie_Swift

9 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

Winter starts around December 20th and ends around March 20th

There are other definitions of winter, notably the versions where the seasons notionally start on 1 December, 1 March, 1 June and 1 September.  It's not helped by the point that the seasons out there in the world don't have clearly-distinguishable boundaries.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

There are other definitions of winter, notably the versions where the seasons notionally start on 1 December, 1 March, 1 June and 1 September.  It's not helped by the point that the seasons out there in the world don't have clearly-distinguishable boundaries.

I guess it could be either one. It just seems the media makes a bigger deal about December 20 (or 21) rather than December 1, so that's kind of what I assume companies mean when they say "winter." I don't have proof of this, but it just seems to be what most companies mean when they announce something coming in a future season. Either way some day in December is the earliest 7.2 would come out. :jawa_biggrin: (if plans haven't changed)

i really would prefer 02/2023 or later.
personally i think it will be released with the end of the season, not to cause bugs they may can't test.

as we have seen it in the past on and on, the majority of the crew is on holiday from mid december to
something mid january. so if they would release 7.2 before their holiday and there would be some more
game breaking bugs, we would have to wait until mid january and get told, they they are looking into it
for weeks. not a nice situation for the ppl keeping up the game, not for the ppl on holiday knowing that
major issues are waiting for them, when they come back and not for the players who wanted to use the
their holidy for some stories in swtor. 

so pls bioware... don't rush it. 

At one point there was a tweet saying Winter 2022, but it seems to be gone now, and the livestream recap article just says Winter, so my feeling is it won't be till next year, or they at least wanted to leave it looser and not commit.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ronin_chi_lao said:

I put my money in the 20th. Maybe not 7.2 but at least life day or something.
December 20th, 2011 was the release of the game and it's a tuesday when most maintenances/patches occur.

Yup, correction noted. By the 20th, then.

2 hours ago, Ryukomaru said:

Winter Solstice, June 22nd 2023.... They never specified which hemisphere's winter.

lol I'm still sticking with the announcement (for other content if any) on the official date of the 11th anniversary being the 20th of December 2022.
there's no way 7.2 will be out this year if it's still running on pts.

I think the 20th would be too late. No time to implement fixes, so if there are any bugs, we would not get any fixes until mid/late January.

I think around the 12th - 15th of December would be a good window to aim for, and still allow time for fixes.

And if they don't get it released by then, I would hazzard a guess of early February, maybe late January if we're lucky for a release window.

On 11/30/2022 at 10:42 PM, Christie_Swift said:

Any Devs know when this might go live. As per the twitch presentation wasn't it supposed to be around together with New Life event?  Will this be in December or next year? 

Sometime between 20 January to middle of February = 90% certainty. Thats been historically a very common release dates for major content updates.

It won’t come before Christmas – just forget it. If it had been coming like 20december… they would have announced something like 5 December MONTHS ago like at that livestream. Then when that date approached pushed it 2 weeks into the future like 20-December thats always been the pattern.. 99% certainity its not coming this year.

But 95% certainty sometime between end of January to mid February. 

I'm going to guess after the developers get back on vacation in Jan. The last thing the developers or players need is something breaking during 7.2 and someone staying behind during Dec to fix it.

Edited by illgot

True that Life Day is in December, but it does require them to take the servers down to start Life Day, so it would make some sense to get the update up at the same time, but as it stands now with no communication from the devs, I'm getting a tad sceptical that we'll see Life Day, but who knows...

Nobody knows but with Christmas and New Years coming up and devs having time off for that. They will not release it right before christmas and then be out of the office to not deal with bugs ect.  So best guess is mid January to early February. Like everybody else here I am just guessing though.  

In some places (even in the US) Feb. is still winter.  Soooo  I'm going with Feb 28.  IF they run into a snag and express a concern for needing additional time (to correct a MAJOR bug) ...  look for a possible release of mid-March.  And NO, I do NOT believe that this will co-inside with Life Day (If the schedule is accurate, it will not happen this year.)