Old pvp rewards in 7.2

Bob_Americanu

Are the old rewards (aka Replica from Giradda) going to be available from the vendor in 7.2?

Couldn't find an answer on the livestream maybe I missed it or someone knows.

I really want to grind for the furious saber and I am in the process of getting tokens. I wouldn't mind losing them so long as I can still get it in 7.2. 

On 11/10/2022 at 3:56 AM, Bob_Americanu said:

Are the old rewards (aka Replica from Giradda) going to be available from the vendor in 7.2?

I really want to grind for the furious saber and I am in the process of getting tokens. I wouldn't mind losing them so long as I can still get it in 7.2. 

The current ranked PvP rewards (including the replica items from previous seasons) are available to purchase with the new PvP tokens. 

All Ranked tokens will be removed in 7.2 so either spend them and buy the furious items with PvP tokens or earn them faster.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 11:05 AM, Nee-Elder said:

Hopefully we'll find out soon , but  tbqh  i wouldn't be at all surprised if BioWare decided to place them onto Cartel Market$ . :(

I  dont play rank but I enjoy PVP because it's fun and dynamics: no 2 matches are the same, unless your luck is bad with premades lol. But still, if they place the Furious Stuff on CM then it is a bloody insult.  

• Like 1

• Dev Post
On 11/9/2022 at 9:56 PM, Bob_Americanu said:

Hey there,

It looks it was answered elsewhere in the thread but I want to make sure to get yellow text on this. When 7.2 goes live all Ranked PvP Tokens are going away so please be sure to spend them ASAP.

The items that players could purchase with those tokens will be moved to the new PVP vendors where they will be purchasable with the new PvP seasonal currency. While these items will be available on the vendor, they will not be easy to obtain. The rate that players will be earning the new PvP currency will only allow them to purchase either new items or one to two replicas. Keep in mind that players can only earn a fixed amount of tokens per season and there will be new rewards added to that vendor with every new season as well.  Essentially, if a player who was not previously engaged in Ranked play focused all of their efforts into obtaining these replicas and none of the new items, it would take a really long time to do so.

In short, players will not be able to buy everything quickly. If you don't have the old rewards, you will need to decide if you want to spend your tokens on older items or the newer ones.

-eric

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, EricMusco said:

Hey there,

It looks it was answered elsewhere in the thread but I want to make sure to get yellow text on this. When 7.2 goes live all Ranked PvP Tokens are going away so please be sure to spend them ASAP.

The items that players could purchase with those tokens will be moved to the new PVP vendors where they will be purchasable with the new PvP seasonal currency. While these items will be available on the vendor, they will not be easy to obtain. The rate that players will be earning the new PvP currency will only allow them to purchase either new items or one to two replicas. Keep in mind that players can only earn a fixed amount of tokens per season and there will be new rewards added to that vendor with every new season as well.  Essentially, if a player who was not previously engaged in Ranked play focused all of their efforts into obtaining these replicas and none of the new items, it would take a really long time to do so.

In short, players will not be able to buy everything quickly. If you don't have the old rewards, you will need to decide if you want to spend your tokens on older items or the newer ones.

-eric

See ya'll in new world and WoW

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EricMusco said:

Hey there,

-eric

I played 2500+ games last season for the replicas that you said were going away permanently. Thank you for telling me it was for nothing and people afking in regs will be able to get "one to two replicas" now  👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Mycroft-Tarkin said:

I played 2500+ games last season for the replicas that you said were going away permanently.

This does feel like a renege. Even though the devs hadn't said that ranked and ranked flag rewards were going away specifically yet one thing they did say specifically was "replica rewards will be going away in 7.2"... 

Not "re-offered" or "obtainable in a different form" but rather "going away". I along with everyone else took this to mean that anything with "replica" next to it would be unobtainable even if items without that title continued to be so in 7.2...

Edited by TyrFoge

Just now, TyrFoge said:

This does feel like a renege. Even though the devs hadn't said that ranked and ranked flag rewards were going away specifically yet one thing they did say specifically was "replica rewards will be going away in 7.2"... 

Not "re-offered" or "obtainable in a different form" they said "going away".

I don't know if "revenge" is the right word but all the changes do clearly show that the devs simply want pvpers to leave. Removing the only competitive pvp mode, giving away rewards for nothing, turning flags to decos (while still introducing new flags, they're just removing old ones). Basically the devs no longer need pvpers, and are using pvp rewards to keep others hooked for a bit to get the last few months of sub money from them. The NIM mounts/titles are next I'd say.

1 hour ago, EricMusco said:

Essentially, if a player who was not previously engaged in Ranked play focused all of their efforts into obtaining these replicas and none of the new items, it would take a really long time to do so.

This is good to know, and a small consolation to players who worked hard to earn their rewards in ranked PvP. But this still doesn't explain why you are deleting rewards that players earned like pvp flags.

You have literally said nothing about it. Where you expecting us not to notice on PTS? 

Well destiny 2 new season is coming. I heard alot negative reviews from new world. Any good?

1 hour ago, Prapcaster said:

See ya'll in new world and WoW

1 hour ago, -BlackDragon- said:

Glad I spent the past 3 months suffering through ranked to get replica rewards that were supposedly going away only to see those rewards be available for people who can just buy the new PvP season levels to get them. 🤡

Yeah now people that never played ranked will get some ranked items. 

Hey that guy has furious weapons and armor.

Meanwhile he's never done a ranked match in his life

Edited by codydmaan

1 minute ago, codydmaan said:

Well destiny 2 new season is coming. I heard alot negative reviews from new world. Any good?

Yeah now people that never played ranked will get some ranked items. 

Yeah I myself am a forever silver and had no shot at getting any of the gold/top 5 rewards. I loved to see the stuff that only the top maybe 2% of the game would get from higher rewards. Now everyones and their cousins cousin will have the rewards and it just kind of sucks. But oh well life goes on.

As for New World it had a really rushed launch which lost a lot of it's players, But they recently patched it and fixed most of the issues so the pvp is really great atm. To me it feels like a combo of eso and god of war.

3 hours ago, EricMusco said:

Hey there,

-eric

Thank you Eric. A VERY sensible suggestion. NOT only for Ranked players but also for non-Ranked players:

All ranked items that cost currently over 50k = Only 1 ranked item should be "Obtainable" via "brute grind" Per SEASON. To retain their coveted status and not severely devalue the ranked items that the current players have grinded through hundred hours of blood, sweat and tears to earn them lol

But if you complete some item special/extra difficult objectives and "earn" some objectives instead of brute grinding you can be instead capped to 2 ranked items/season. 

This way ranked items retain their value whilst simultaneously they serve as a motivation for multiple seasons forward for regular pvp players. And once these warzone hardos Finally get their hands on them. It will feel almost as good as when ranked players first got these items. So win-win.

EDIT: suggestions in ways you can "earn" that extra token vs brute grinding - player feedback is welcome.

Edited by assatrap

2 hours ago, codydmaan said:

as a person with actual furious (and other season) weapons and armor and mounts. I'd like to point out that offering replicas was more than a tad insulting as well. ok. at least you had to play the game. but by the time they instituted replicas, you could just grind out the currency. sure, it was faster the more you won, but the only "merit" to the replicas was time in queue.

TL; DR: the value of ranked pvp rewards went out the window with replica vendors.

edit: only the flairs are/were worth anything after that. (and the flags. but F- the <bleep>ing flags.

Edited by krackcommando
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, assatrap said:

Only 1 ranked item should be "Obtainable" via "brute grind" Per SEASON. 

But if you complete some item special/extra difficult objectives and "earn" some objectives instead of brute grinding you can be instead capped to 2 ranked items/season. 

what are you talking about? all pvp tokens are earned via grind. there's no "special/extra difficult objectives" 

16 minutes ago, krackcommando said:

I'd like to point out that offering replicas was more than a tad insulting as well.

I agree with you. When BW first brought replicas back, I argued that replicas were an insult to players that achieved it at their specific season. 

But its sooooo more insulting to offer replica rewards as participation rewards, than bring them back as a skill based ranked reward. 

It comes down to this: NiM has exclusive rewards. The Dxun Reaper, Wings of the Nihrot, Wings of Architect. Exclusive rewards. Rewards based on skill.

PvPers had exclusive rewards. Now we don't. Instead we have some kind of participation-based system. But if you have enough credits you can buy your way through without ever participating. 

Don't worry BioWare. The PvP community got the message. We won't sub to a game that points a giant middle finger to us. 

Edited by septru
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, EricMusco said:

Hey there,

-eric

I really think this change should not go through.  Why not make similar rewards/recolors as a compromise? That way players can obtain similar rewards, but the previous ranked rewards retain some uniqueness and players can still show off their achievements earned in ranked. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EricMusco said:

Hey there,

-eric

What a great way to add insult to the injury that ranked players are already going through.

I understand the removal of ranked is to help save resources for other content but this decision I cant see any rationalising behind.

Just use the new rewards you advertised on stream for the vendor and keep the old ranked rewards as an excusive treat for those who decided to play it before its removal.

21 hours ago, EricMusco said:

Hey there,

-eric

Great way to insult the PVP players. If I was told a year ago that these are the "big changes" that were about to come with the PVP Revamp, I couldnt have believed it. 

This is not only insulting, but also dissapointing. Yea, lets make all rewards you sweat for available for everybody doing no effort, even if it takes go away from the keyboard all the pvp season track, and be rewarded for!!! Or just play against your guildies in arena matches, q sync and use the same method that they did to wintrade mats!!! Amazing healthy community you guys are building.

• Like 1