Getting the new companion on alts

bluehufsa

Are you talking about Zo-om?

If it is, your Alts have to get zoom the same way, you have to do the missions again and it doesn't show up til after chapter IX of KotFE.

yeah weird, you  pay a high price to get the mission, but the companion won't be in collections. for that reason, they could drop the price, me thinks

31 minutes ago, bluehufsa said:

Hi

How can I get the lady droid on my alts? It is not in my collections, alts don't have any quest, I'm clueless right now. Any ideas? 

Thanks! 

38 minutes ago, bluehufsa said:

How can I get the lady droid on my alts? It is not in my collections, alts don't have any quest, I'm clueless right now. Any ideas?

@bluehufsa , Did you already  finish/complete the  'PH4-LNX'  unlock quest on your main 1st toon?   And if so, by which method?  (fasttrack  item or the quest-activation item)

Also , see this other post of mine: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/925485-companions-not-available-for-account-unlock/#comment-9724887   ...about the 'Collections' aspect.  ( if you unlocked  'PH4-LNX'  already, on one toon,  you should see it under  Collections-->Companions--Galactic Seasons  tab )

Edited by Nee-Elder

150 is way too much when in fact she is our rep turn in also - no npcs in the word to talk to  - only on our ship - it should be a given companion then not cost to get for alts. - it should be free!!! I first thought it was a bug for sub vs non sub but even then the fact she is part of the main content of the game for turning in the  game modules for rep someone wasn't thinking properly and there to push more people away? And then to boot they lower the cc coins you get for the season too but raise up the cost to get the companion. People are not happy -its all over chat in game - better push this a fixt to do unlock in the collections - it was bad enough last two GS it was 10cc -

Edited by Mysticle
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Mysticle said:

150 is way too much when in fact she is our rep turn in also - no npcs in the word to talk to  - only on our ship - it should be a given companion then not cost to get for alts. - it should be free!!! I first thought it was a bug for sub vs non sub but even then the fact she is part of the main content of the game for turning in the  game modules for rep someone wasn't thinking properly and there to push more people away? And then to boot they lower the cc coins you get for the season too but raise up the cost to get the companion. People are not happy -its all over chat in game - better push this a fixt to do unlock in the collections - it was bad enough last two GS it was 10cc -

Um most stuff in collections have to be unlocked. It's not a big deal. And I've only seen a handful of people complain. Most just play the game lol.

3 hours ago, lukeisjedi said:

Um most stuff in collections have to be unlocked. It's not a big deal. And I've only seen a handful of people complain. Most just play the game lol.

150CC leapfrogs over prior precedent and deserves scrutiny for a companion the season is based around. Had they been 150 from season 1, it would be more acceptable but this increase coincides with the reduction of earnable CC by half, mixed reaction to a season that came late even after a sudden surprise announcement, and in the stream of a dry spell during the most flaccid expansion known to man, beast, or wookie. If nothing's bothering you, do what you say most do and just play.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lukeisjedi said:

I have seen more people complain than praise the price increase. You can't accurately weigh people that say nothing versus people that have feedback. The people not commenting may not know of the situation, may not know what galactic season is, or may not care. The people mentioning issues at least know what is going on.

Example: the vast majority of people that don't say anything about the Mara nerf probably know nothing about the changes. The people talking about it, positive or negative, you at least know are aware of the changes.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DarthCasus said:

precedent

This is the keyword for me. The other two CGs and previous rewards, were only 10cc to unlock for account, and now this unexplained stealth increase is a bit of a shock. I guess I'll be waiting for the next unlock sale.

15 hours ago, lukeisjedi said:

OK, I will rephrase: 150 cc to unlock a droid companion is a bit too much, given the fact that only by playing the game as a subscriber allowed me to recruit a lot of droid companions: 

Spoiler

ship droids, little astromech from JK, SCORPIO, HK-51, HK-55, Z0-0M plus one I got as a reward for a bonus quest in a flashpoint (sorry forgot its designation).

Phalanx is ok, but she doesn't have any unique abilities, like Shae Vizla has, for example (the death from above skill).

Edited by bluehufsa
forgot the spoiler wraps

17 hours ago, DarthCasus said:

150CC leapfrogs over prior precedent and deserves scrutiny for a companion the season is based around. Had they been 150 from season 1, it would be more acceptable but this increase coincides with the reduction of earnable CC by half, mixed reaction to a season that came late even after a sudden surprise announcement, and in the stream of a dry spell during the most flaccid expansion known to man, beast, or wookie. If nothing's bothering you, do what you say most do and just play.

I understand that. I'm just pointing out there are plenty enjoying the game and content.

On 10/22/2022 at 11:20 AM, lukeisjedi said:

I understand that. I'm just pointing out there are plenty enjoying the game and content.

There are plenty of players that never come to the forums, for any reason.  They may or may not be "enjoying the game and content" as you say, we don't know because they do not come to the forums.  However, I have seen a LOT of talk about this in game on the Satele Shan server, and people there are not happy.

I paid it, but I feel like we should have gotten the "Old decoration" of our choice for our strongholds (NOT BY the Random THINGIE!!!!) to go with it. from 10 cc to 150 cc is a HUGE increase.  That would be a 10-year anniversary worth having.

8 hours ago, Shayddow said:

I paid it, but I feel like we should have gotten the "Old decoration" of our choice for our strongholds (NOT BY the Random THINGIE!!!!) to go with it. from 10 cc to 150 cc is a HUGE increase.  That would be a 10-year anniversary worth having.

Ah, the big 10-year anniversary event: pay 15x more cc to unlock the GS companion.

On 10/21/2022 at 3:28 PM, Mysticle said:

The cost of unlocking is problem number one. It's not justified considering unlocking the companion on previous seasons cost only 10cc.

Forcing people to unlock it if they want to get the reputation tokens for more than one character is problem number two.

If/when people pay 150cc to unlock it, even that's not enough. You have to claim it from collections on EVERY character you want to get the rep tokens on, then delete the mission it comes with from the inventory. Why? Just why are we being forced through this stupidness?

On top of all that, we can't get rid of the ugly droid on the ship as soon as she's served her purpose. It's placed next to parsing dummy and I have to watch the ugliness when I parse. If we are now getting forced companions on our ship, we should  be the ones deciding where to park them. 

For next season: put the NPC on open world again. People who want it on multiple characters will still have to unlock it, but it wouldn't be cluttering the ship. I might not be so bothered about it if it was a cute companion, but I don't want another ugly, useless droid on my ship. 

1 minute ago, DeannaVoyager said:

The cost of unlocking is problem number one. It's not justified considering unlocking the companion on previous seasons cost only 10cc.

Forcing people to unlock it if they want to get the reputation tokens for more than one character is problem number two.

If/when people pay 150cc to unlock it, even that's not enough. You have to claim it from collections on EVERY character you want to get the rep tokens on, then delete the mission it comes with from the inventory. Why? Just why are we being forced through this stupidness?

On top of all that, we can't get rid of the ugly droid on the ship as soon as she's served her purpose. It's placed next to parsing dummy and I have to watch the ugliness when I parse. If we are now getting forced companions on our ship, we should  be the ones deciding where to park them. 

For next season: put the NPC on open world again. People who want it on multiple characters will still have to unlock it, but it wouldn't be cluttering the ship. I might not be so bothered about it if it was a cute companion, but I don't want another ugly, useless droid on my ship. 

On BH ship, she is placed right outside the BH's private quarters, so there goes the privacy! 🤣

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, DeannaVoyager said:

Same. I don't like her standing with SCORPIO on the Agent's ship. SCORPIO will scrap her in less than 3 seconds.

Please don't put more GS NPCs on my ship. It's already overcrowded.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, eabevella said:

Same. I don't like her standing with SCORPIO on the Agent's ship. SCORPIO will scrap her in less than 3 seconds.

Please don't put more GS NPCs on my ship. It's already overcrowded.

Signed! I don't want more companions on my ship(s) either! Is too much for the tiny KDY D5 Mantis! The 6 original companions, Lana, Theron, Fen Zeil PLUS now Phalanx. 

I may have missed it but she doesn't seem to have any special attacks.  She may as well be a generic CM droid companion.

You only need her once per server to turn rep items into so there is no real reason to unlock her account wide unless you want another crafting companion.

Edited by illgot

32 minutes ago, illgot said:

I may have missed it but she doesn't seem to have any special attacks.  She may as well be a generic CM droid companion.

You only need her once per server to turn rep items into so there is no real reason to unlock her account wide unless you want another crafting companion.

If someone wants to get rep items on more characters than just one, they need to unlock it. If someone just wants to max their rep, then they don't have to unlock it ofc, but a lot of people do conquest with multiple alts and they can only enter their own ship to get the rep items -> they need to unlock it for every character. 

While you can only get the rep items on the one character that claimed the companion, the tokens that you exchange for reputation are legacy wide. All you really lose is the ability to get that conquest objective for inreasing reputation on other characters.

Anyway, I'm not unlocking her, one golden droid companion is enough for most of my characters.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.