Making people wait standing around in line waiting to click something is not the way to go about this.

xordevoreaux

And SPOILER!

Spoiler

It's not the stupid terminal despite the fact that the quest says it's the terminal. It's somewhere else in the room.

Hundreds of people will be crammed into that cantina this afternoon all vainly clicking on that terminal when that's not even what you need to click despite what the quest description says.

Better were it to read:  Find the slicing device located somewhere in the same cantina as the terminal.

Edited by xordevoreaux
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, ninjamelt said:

Other cantinas? Do you even know what you're talking about? Did you do any research before contributing absolutely nothing of relevance?

The quest "The Cheating Algorithm" requires you to travel to four cantinas on pub side: Coruscant, Alderaan, Tatooine, and Nar Shadaa.
That's what I'm talking about.

Edited by xordevoreaux

There's three issues here:
1. Only one quest click item per map for each phase of one quest
2. A ridiculous respawn timer on the slot machine for another quest (catching cheaters)
3. Confusing quest notes which say what to check for the quest update on Coruscant isn't what you need to be checking at all

10 minutes ago, xordevoreaux said:

The quest "The Cheating Algorithm" requires you to travel to four cantinas on pub side: Coruscant, Alderaan, Tatooine, and Nar Shadaa.
That's what I'm talking about.

Both of the screenshots provided (before I replied) are not in that location. It is a slot machine to catch cheaters which you can do anywhere. 

37 minutes ago, ZUHFB said:

Both of the screenshots provided (before I replied) are not in that location. It is a slot machine to catch cheaters which you can do anywhere. 

They are - both screenshots are from Coruscant where the quest in question takes you first

and the catch cheaters quest you are obviously talking about is a season objective and NOT what he meant at all

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xordevoreaux said:

https://i.imgur.com/2tVvVVD.png

https://i.imgur.com/5FkJAEB.png

What a joke this will be this afternoon when east coast gets off work and everyone's crowded around this one cantina.

I  saw some 'busy' areas so I did what I always do, I hit the PVP instances of worlds with cantinas

It was empty. I finished all 20 in just a few mins

9 minutes ago, Dein_Cathair said:

I  saw some 'busy' areas so I did what I always do, I hit the PVP instances of worlds with cantinas

It was empty. I finished all 20 in just a few mins

shhh, don't spoil the secret!

You might actually spark some  fighting activity (more than  genchat RL troll "discussions" )  and put the  war  back into  STAR WARS. :csw_atat:

10 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

shhh, don't spoil the secret!

You might actually spark some  fighting activity (more than  genchat RL troll "discussions" )  and put the  war  back into  STAR WARS. :csw_atat:

Dude, I have 4 spots picked out that I can swap around to, I want to see if there is a hidden chivo #specialsnowflake

Edited by Dein_Cathair
  • Haha 1

ok, I'm just going to say this once: PLEASE LISTEN CAREFULLY. It's ISN'T the slot machine, it is:

Spoiler

behind the counter - like an all other planets too so I don't really understand what the slot machine has to do with anything but the season objective. 

I hope you have a wonderful night, just set your alarm clock to 4 A.M. and then try to click the slot machine, I'm sure it will work /s

What's worse is catch the cheating gamblers weekly where you have to find 20 of them.  Only one person can catch them when they spawn each time, and with 5 or more players camped around to get them you have to be quick. Only solution I can see is wait for all of them to get all 20 and then it will be easier 😕  Especially when you get the players who run in while you've been waiting, thinking they can bully you out of it like I've just witnessed. 

18 minutes ago, livingdeadjedi said:

What's worse is catch the cheating gamblers weekly where you have to find 20 of them.  Only one person can catch them when they spawn each time, and with 5 or more players camped around to get them you have to be quick. Only solution I can see is wait for all of them to get all 20 and then it will be easier 😕  Especially when you get the players who run in while you've been waiting, thinking they can bully you out of it like I've just witnessed. 

see it should be PvP, you beat the other player, and then get to make the arrest :p

I finished the 20 cheaters and it only took a little over 2 hours standing in one place waiting for the single npc to respawn every 5 minutes or so. Then I waited for them to count their chips, play the game, yadda yadda, until they decided to cheat.  I didn't have to fight for it, nobody else was there, but still, the only challenge to this was to my patience. 

3 minutes ago, eabevella said:

The number and the respawn time are simply too few and long.

Plus fact it's not share tagged, it's a giant fail of design.

This need an emergency fix.

Ordinarily i would agree with you...  However, in this case,  i'm guessing BioWare  probably figured it could maybe be a potential  cluster-yuck  on  DAY ONE  when  everyone logs in for the mad rush   and then the crowd starts to dissipate  as the subsequent days proceed and everyone gets bored or moves on.