Question about the new Outfitter version

Alithia

• Dev Post
On 10/6/2022 at 12:24 PM, A_Guy_Called_Bob said:

Asked before but didn't get an answer; what about weapon sounds? Will they be modifiable via the outfitter as a further form of customisation? Or is that going to be a direct feature in the future?

Oh, I hear you!  It isn't currently on our roadmap but it is something we would love to do at some point (but again, it is not in our current plans.)  

• Thanks 2

Here's something I'd like to see in outfitter - it would require some dev effort but could also be monetized easily:
give us the option to make some changes in outfitter like we can at the appearance modification station (not everything, but maybe hairstyle/-color, complexion, cosmetics/jewelry) and store them in an outfit slot. The cc cost could be the same as at the station.

Edited by Mongorr
grammar
  • Like 2

Any chance we might ever see the return of the ability to stamp dyes to armor pieces in outfitter that otherwise don't have a dye slot? When outfitter first launched, that was something that could be done. There are unique looks throughout the game, mainly in the early base game, that don't have dye slots and now can't be dyed at all after that was fixed (I believe it was explained that the ability to do so was unintentional). I'm curious if that's something that could reimplemented intentionally so we could get those looks back without just waiting for all of those armors to get dye slots (which seems kind of unlikely).

One of my characters had an outfit that relied on that functionality that I accidentally overwrote, and now it's impossible to recreate since the exact look of the chestpiece I was using doesn't exist with a dye slot anywhere in the game to my knowledge (it's an early game variation of the Aspiring Knight look that doesn't have the metallic armor pieces or any of the arm straps). It'd be really cool to have that functionality back in some form, even if it costs some extra credits to "force" the stamp onto a piece with no dye slot or something.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

Just throwing in that I'd love to bind companions to specific outfits (or loadouts) too because my companion often has a matching outfit. For example, when I'm wearing my Dread Master outfit, I prefer using HK with the Corruptor Zero Customization or Qyzen Fess with the Kephess customization + outfit from EC, but I don't use those companions when I'm not wearing my Dread Master outfit.

P.S. Please make Qyzen Fess dual wield vibroswords so we can truly have Kephess as our companion

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DarthEndonae said:

Just throwing in that I'd love to bind companions to specific outfits (or loadouts) too because my companion often has a matching outfit. For example, when I'm wearing my Dread Master outfit, I prefer using HK with the Corruptor Zero Customization or Qyzen Fess with the Kephess customization + outfit from EC, but I don't use those companions when I'm not wearing my Dread Master outfit.

P.S. Please make Qyzen Fess dual wield vibroswords so we can truly have Kephess as our companion

I like the idea especially if this would stop the "Summon Your Companion" button from vanishing :)

Edited by illgot

On 10/7/2022 at 12:36 PM, Mongorr said:

Here's something I'd like to see in outfitter - it would require some dev effort but could also be monetized easily:
give us the option to make some changes in outfitter like we can at the appearance modification station (not everything, but maybe hairstyle/-color, complexion, cosmetics/jewelry) and store them in an outfit slot. The cc cost could be the same as at the station.

Hairstyle, cosmetics and jewelry would totally make sense in the outfitter.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, VegaMist said:

please don't, you know how many Cartel Coins I would spend changing my characters appearance to fit every outfit :)

Edited by illgot
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, VegaMist said:

14 hours ago, illgot said:

please don't, you know how many Cartel Coins I would spend changing my characters appearance to fit every outfit :)

I think the idea is, please stop charging CC for hairstyle, scar, cosmetics, complexion, and other basic changes. Changing gender, race, body type, and other major changes could still cost CC, but for the most part, the smaller changes should be available for credits.

1 hour ago, WHTJunior said:

I think the idea is, please stop charging CC for hairstyle, scar, cosmetics, complexion, and other basic changes. Changing gender, race, body type, and other major changes could still cost CC, but for the most part, the smaller changes should be available for credits.

could become an amazing credit sink. But I'm not sure Bioware would give up the revenue source.