Question about the new Outfitter version

Alithia

Hi, I saw in a SWORTISTA video that the outfitter slots will be extended to 32. This is great because now finally I can use the same 16 outfits for a spec with two weapons, e.g. Warrior and Assa. Will there be an option to simply copy your outfit?

• Like 3

• Dev Post

In addition to expanding the number of slots to 32, yes, you’ll absolutely be able to copy outfits in Outfitter just like you do with Loadouts. Additionally, you’ll be able to favorite outfits, so they sort to the top of your list and rename the outfit slot to help keep things organized.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, AlanCopeland said:

In addition to expanding the number of slots to 32, yes, you’ll absolutely be able to copy outfits in Outfitter just like you do with Loadouts. Additionally, you’ll be able to favorite outfits, so they sort to the top of your list and rename the outfit slot to help keep things organized.

Good  info and thanks  @AlanCopeland , but  is it possible to request @JackieKo add your posts  incorporated into the 'Dev Tracker' too?  ( i realize this might be a work-in-progress  with NEW forums )

1 hour ago, Nee-Elder said:

Good  info and thanks  @AlanCopeland , but  is it possible to request @JackieKo add your posts  incorporated into the 'Dev Tracker' too?  ( i realize this might be a work-in-progress  with NEW forums )

Maybe I'm missing something, but I saw his post in the dev tracker before you wrote this post. Seems to be working fine for me.

4 hours ago, AlanCopeland said:

Any chance of second set of weapons activated per Combat Style being added to Outfitter? "Appearance/Gear mismatch" message is incredibly annoying.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, VegaMist said:

Any chance of second set of weapons activated per Combat Style being added to Outfitter? "Appearance/Gear mismatch" message is incredibly annoying.

we can hope but I doubt it. Seems like the increase in outfit slots may have been because a single weapon will be the only option.

Which honestly I'm fine with considering they are allowing us to copy outfits.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I saw his post in the dev tracker before you wrote this post. Seems to be working fine for me.

It wasn't  there  at the time of my above post ^^  , so either  they (BioWare) fixed it after reading my post  or....i just have really awful timing  lol  :csw_alderaan:

*Or actually, it's also  possible  i hadn't  cleared browser  cache .   Anyways,  all good now  yep.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AlanCopeland said:

This is great to hear, but I have a follow-up question. Will the update to the outfitter also include an option to save title, legacy titles and flairs to a specific outfit?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AlanCopeland said:

These improvements will make outfit management easier when don't need to find where put pieces of some outfit and no need to cycle through all if don't remember which was which

• Like 1

• Dev Post
On 10/4/2022 at 5:12 PM, VegaMist said:

We are looking at some ways of addressing this issue. While on the surface it seems like a simple task to complete, this does have impact on other parts of the game like inventory.  In short, we're aware of this and having discussions about it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, AlanCopeland said:

We are looking at some ways of addressing this issue. While on the surface it seems like a simple task to complete, this does have impact on other parts of the game like inventory.  In short, we're aware of this and having discussions about it.

What about titles, legacy titles and flairs? Will they be able to be saved to a specific outfit as well?

• Like 1

• Dev Post
3 hours ago, BenKatarn said:

What about titles, legacy titles and flairs? Will they be able to be saved to a specific outfit as well?

Not in the near future; however, interesting idea and we'll consider this in future discussions around Outfitter. That isn't a guarantee that it will happen, but this is good feedback and it's appreciated.

• Thanks 3

9 hours ago, AlanCopeland said:

We are looking at some ways of addressing this issue. While on the surface it seems like a simple task to complete, this does have impact on other parts of the game like inventory.  In short, we're aware of this and having discussions about it.

8 hours ago, AlanCopeland said:

Not in the near future; however, interesting idea and we'll consider this in future discussions around Outfitter. That isn't a guarantee that it will happen, but this is good feedback and it's appreciated.

hey  @AlanCopeland , sorry to be the "forum stickler"  here again  :csw_guard:  but is there any chance you can  edit & keep  your font staying always with the *BioWare GOLD* coloring?   It just makes it much easier for  us to scroll thru  and notice important DEVS  posting better.  No biggie  of course, but it def. helps.  (especially with these newer forums )

UPDATE:  Thanks  AlanCopeland for editing your 2 posts above ^^  back to  gold font :ph_cheers:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: the 2 posts were updated after i posted

30 minutes ago, AlanCopeland said:

To me it feels like a natural conclusion to what the Outfitter is currently offering, especially considering that, whether by design or accident, these things to kind of work with Loadouts.

Currently, Loadouts do save the character title and flair of a character, in addition to the outfit. I want to say that during 7.0's PTS, it would also save the legacy title, so I would like you to take this info back to the team to see if this can somehow be implemented into outfits instead. To me, I think this would fit much better with outfits.

Edited by BenKatarn

3 hours ago, go_rogue said:

I may have missed it, but is there going to be an Activate button so clicking on an outfit doesn't automatically load it?

I also would like this! Additionally or perhaps separately, I'd like a function to be able to hotkey outfits. I arrive to fleet, press a button and bam I'm in Fleet Casual. I'm after combat with friends, press another button and bam I'm in Wrecked After Action outfit. heading to Nar Shaddaa to fight world bosses with the crew? press another button and I'm wearing "Farmer in the Nar Shaddell" outfit.

Please and thank you, it would reduce UI pops and be a very nice quality of life feature for convenience. Surfing the UI for gear/mats/items in inventory is time consuming enough.

While we're at it, can we hotkey loadouts?

If you couldn't tell, I like keyboard shortcuts :) And STEAM DECK users like shortcuts options, too!