So...most players will NOT get 5 days of early access.

Larishet

I agree and understand what everyone is saying, however, if you look at it from a materialistic perspective, we all paid the money up front in times of a hard economy to get at least one piece of pleasure out of this ****** time. As a "reward" so to speak our gift is early access up to 5 days free on top of the 30 days free of time. the black and yellow crystal is cool, but honestly i couldn't care about it.

The point is if I am not getting substantial early access time it is a disappointing but not a total loss. I am still getting something that some people may not have. It is still a great opportunity and case of enjoyment for all that get in. I UNDERSTAND WE ARE FRUSTRATED WITH HOW IT IS BEING DONE. But us beggars cant be choosers in this case.

Note: I am not siding with BW on this I am just making a point of saying its not all bad. But I am personally furious about the lack of response in waves.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup you are right, that are the benefits of electronic communication, they can abuse it. It said clearly get 5 days early acces when I preordered it on november 29th.

Funny, because I Pre-ordered in October and they DIDN'T say that. It said "Up to 5 Days". My best friend ordered 3 days after Pre-Orders were available, and it said "Up to 5 days" then as well... I guess they changed it just long enough to trick you and then change it right back. Those devious bastards...

That IS one of the marvels of the digital age, because you don't have to take responsibility for being wrong. You can just call the other guy a liar since there's no way to prove either way. Have fun with that...

Edited by Jaavik

I didn't preorder for an asterisk, I preordered for early access.

And you WILL get in early, even if it's only 1 day before launch. This is what they promised, and this is what you'll get. "Up to 5 days" means anywhere from 1 to 5 days.

I don't see what your complaint is? Your getting exactly what BW and EA promised.

I pre-ordered on 12-2-11. If I get in 1 day early, I'll be happy that they delivered what they promised. Just relax, your play day will come soon.

That can be right, no one will remember it...

But I will remember as the first game from Bioware which caused disappointment,

and was the most obscurely communicated till now.

I played through the test session, sent a dozen of points, and filled forms to help

the developers, so I do not think, that it was profitable only for me.

But even if the game seems to be quite a good one, the administration, the advertisement,

and all other aspect is the most terrible I've ever seen.

Till this time the biggest MMO killer was an other firm, with a thing called NGU, but BW also working on hard, to make me to turn back from this game.

The first thing which should be written is not that "you may have 5 days early access", but that - "if you will be in the first x buyers you will have 5, second x 4"... etc.

For example, that would have been correct. The subscription and buying methods for this game can not be made worse even with decided intentions. These things can kill your joy.

To read "you need subscription", and click on subscription page link and see - "this page does not exist"- for two days before you will get a letter - "not to try subscribe!". Is not a proper and organized way of business.

Anyway besides I really think, that the game itself is really good, and some unique color on the palette of MMOs, but the same holds for the other aspects also, just in negative meaning.

Hopefully c u in (early?)gametime

Kindest regards - a fat jedi-

I read the same sentence everyone else did, and then I said, "but it's not good policy to let people have only 1, 2 or 3 days of access because people will get mad or feel let down, this is probably just a way to cover their tracks if something unexpected happens."

In these days of CYA- and lawyer-speak in games, added to the fact that when any other MMO company has offered early access, everyone started at the same time; I thought the same thing.

Game launched on the 13th and early access was "promised" on the 15th. Now, since we learn that early access is actually until the 19th, that means that 57% of players won't get those 5 days.

Is there any reason to keep a pre-order now? Gamestop already messed up by not getting pre-order codes to customers. I'm ready to just tell them to screw themselves and I'll buy the game online or cheaper off ebay from a rage-quitter. It'll save me a trip to the store.

Game has not launched yet.. Early access started!! I don't have my copy of the game.. I was in best buy last night and did not see it on the shelves.. Launch is on the 20th..

Game launched on the 13th and early access was "promised" on the 15th. Now, since we learn that early access is actually until the 19th, that means that 57% of players won't get those 5 days.

Is there any reason to keep a pre-order now? Gamestop already messed up by not getting pre-order codes to customers. I'm ready to just tell them to screw themselves and I'll buy the game online or cheaper off ebay from a rage-quitter. It'll save me a trip to the store.

The only ever promised "up to" five days of access.

Stop whining, and learn to read.

Even from the day pre-orders were available it said "you MAY get UP TO 5 days access".

--------------->

English comprehesion website is that way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I wasn't so bored I wouldn't even bother reading/posting here. *sigh*

UP TO means there is a chance, if there was never a chance of you getting 5 days when you ordered say 6 days ago, but they still advertised it as that, then it's not UP TO is it.

Common sense comprehension website is that way>>>>>>>>>>>>

Even from the day pre-orders were available it said "you MAY get UP TO 5 days access".

--------------->

English comprehesion website is that way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I wasn't so bored I wouldn't even bother reading/posting here. *sigh*

Just going to play devils advocate here.

I read that as "Up to 5 days of early access" to mean I, and everyone else that pre-orders will get to play up to 5 days early as long as our servers don't blow their cookies, we have no major development bugs/glitches and we don't have to roll back the servers.

First I heard about the first come first served was when a guildie told me a few weeks ago. Sure, it's my own fault that I didn't bother following this site like a hawk and dig threw the posts to find the ones from SR explaining this. Also, I guess it is my own fault that I don't subscribe to twitter, and his feed in particular, to find out how this whole release was being handled.

Trust me, I was in the camp of "Shut the hell up ya cry babies", but a few people have made very well thought out posts regarding this that have led me to believe that BW could have handled this release a whole lot better then they did.

Would you like to eat your words yet? or should we wait till tomorrow when they invite just about everyone up till December preorders.

Or shall we wait until tomorrow as November December was the biggest pre order period after people played open beta?

Would you like to eat your words yet? or should we wait till tomorrow when they invite just about everyone up till December preorders.

Let him eat his words. Based on the fact the upto October 1st is in already with 6 days left, and they just added 45 new servers. I think it is a very safe bet the everyone except maybe people who ordered in the last 2 weeks will get in tomorrow.

What part of "up to five days" did you not understand?

I think most of them didnt understand the part where it didnt say

"At this point you are pretty much guaranteed to not have as many days as you were hoping for"

I noticed on the front page of SWTOR it says:

"Fans who have pre-ordered can begin playing the game."

How much do you think that is helping matters?

Edited by PsyloSatan

They never promised 5 days of early access. I never had that impression and I haven't been following the game very closely until recently.

Probably because you followed it closely. Pretty much everywhere they spoke about early access they said as early as the 15th, but the way they normally formatted it I could see the casual skimmer thinking they were getting in ON the 15th.

It's pretty cool some people are getting in even earlier though. Probably because there are so many pre-orders total.

You do know that you aren't fully charged the whole amount until the game is shipped or on the official release date, right?

This is completely untrue. I pre-ordered a full month BEFORE I got a working key to register. The funds were transferred from my account the same exact day.... and I won't actually get the product until the 20th.

So my date is Oct 28th. Chances are good I get in tomorrow, and because they added two additional days, (good foresight on Bioware's part) I will get in 2 days before I would have, had they not added days to the pre-launch access!

This is the worst launch ever I am so mad!

I wish my mother was here so all my whining and crying would get some action!

/sarcasm