It's time for a new Stronghold

OP: +1 couldn't agree more, I want a new Stronghold more than anything else (with the only exception being able to change Arcann's appearance to any outfit I want (ideally) or having a Sith/ Jedi versions)

I'm hoping for an Ilum Stronghold (for my night guilds)

+1 Strongly Supported

As much as I do like decorating strongholds, I'm not in demand for a new one. I'd rather see them release new decorations, in particular furnitures, lighting and civilian NPCs. It is a shame that 7.0 only came with two new pieces of decoration dropping (if you're lucky) at the end of the new FP. It is also a shame that they cannot be sold on the GTN.

My vote is for a combo Tython for Republic and Korriban for Empire.

And if we're making stronghold requests, I'd like a feature similar to Loadouts where you can save your decorating of a stronghold. This way you could decorate the same stronghold multiple times and be able to switch back and forth. Taking pictures or videos doesn't do it justice. Being able to recreate it with the click of a button would be much better.

Why not go all out and add all four starting planets? Why no love for Ord Mantell and Hutta?

I'm gonna go for the snow and vote for HOTH stronghold.

With BIG starship slots. Can't have a starship graveyard with no starships.

:p

I want a tiny ice cave stronghold. Something around the size of our Fleet Apartments or smaller.

• 1 month later...

What I want to know is why we don't have a stronghold for each of the original game planets?

I imagine Balmorra and Taris would be difficult, maybe Corellia too, but I think we could definitely get ones for the rest?

Tython - A small secluded wooded area near the temple perhaps.

Ord Mantell - A island just off of the mainland, giving a clear view of one of the main areas, like Talloran village or something.

Korriban - East of the temple entrance, overlooking the valley of the dark lords. Kinda like a villa or a penthouse or something. Maybe your own dark temple of sorts.

Hutta - Ok, I have nothing for Hutta. Hate the planet anyway :D

Belsavis - Some sort of building overlooking minimum security, maybe something similar to that of a watch tower?

Hoth - An Igloo...Why not?

Voss - Would be kinda difficult to be in Voss-ka, but perhaps similar to Tython, a small isolated location with some small wildlife perhaps.

Basically, I just want one for every feasible location in-game that any of the characters has visited.

I've said it before, I will say it again.. and again.. and again..

An asteroid base along the lines of Port Nowhere from the smuggler story, or an ice base like Echo base from Empire Strikes Back on Hoth. Those are my bucket list strongholds :)

My own thoughts on a new SH.... (and not it's not an apartment)

I like the idea of a space station (not just an apartment in a station).

Here's a couple of ideas to go with that:

I'd prefer a space station. One that could be moved to a few select places in space. One location might include a secluded place on the outer rim. There could even be a special price (or token) charged for moving said station to its "new" location.

(It should be noted that this is NOT the same thing as a penthouse location on a LARGE station such as we have right now.)

Included might some of the following points of interest:

** Three observation decks / rooms: one with special breath-taking view of space.

** Three docking ports (preferably) and one shuttle bay (with functional door).

** Defensive platforms: possibly mobile and not attached to said station (unlocked separately from station).

** Smaller than Rishi ...

** Larger than Mannan (inside rooms)

** Initially I would suggest 1000 - 1200 hooks to decorate

** Several floors ... some with windows .. some without.

(just a few thoughts!)

and then there's this suggestion as well:

http://area51.alienmedia.net/SWTORstationV2.jpg

yeah ... it's crossed my mind a time or two ... It's not a major outpost or military installation ... but affective. I would probably see it more like a place for a weekend retreat (in some cases) .. or perhaps a great hideout on the outer rim somewhere (for others).

I any case.. yeah. I've kind a been wanting one for a good while now!

So, would you guys rather they spend resources making yet more strongholds, or would you like more actual gameplay, bug fixes, etc?

Personally, I'd go for more good looking armor. 🙂

Odd ... I don't recall anyone asking for preferential treatment of a SH. BUT ... there is a lot to be said for projects that do work well (when they're not bugged).

As a general rule new SH places generate a lot interests in more than just one area!

Sooo .. yeah! they work quite well.

And maybe one day .. who knows! We might just get that space station (Or Skii Chalet ) ;)

So, would you guys rather they spend resources making yet more strongholds, or would you like more actual gameplay, bug fixes, etc?

Personally, I'd go for more good looking armor. 🙂

Depends on your version of good-looking armor and I have a feeling your definition and mine would be vastly different.

I can't disagree that a new SH shouldn't be top priority, but it would be nice.

I do wish they would add actual underwater walk-around area to Manaan, but apparently that ship has sailed (so to speak).

The thing I would pump for is a personal version of a guild flagship. Doesn't have to be as big, doesn't even have to have the planetary buffs and so on, but the ability to fly around in a truly personal ship might make me spring for a few extra cartel coins (just sayin').