Please add Altuur to the vendor rotation

Lyserus

Not having a companion with it's own story hurts me bad … and he was long gone before I even started playing SWTOR

Agree! It would be lovely to get him. Especially as he turned up in my ship for a different cutscene.. and I had never met him before!

• 6 months later...

They dont care. ☹️

I ask support and they answer me.... Altuur will be in Season 2 in the weekly rotation.... he dont was.

I ask support a few days ago again.... they write me back.... pls write in suggestions forums.

Many people including me ask for Altuur.... NO YELLOW GUY answers (including my PM from April 22).

Its sad that the support here is so badly now.

As someone who has the companion, yeah put it on the vendor.

I have always been against time machine locked content, *cough* HK-55 mission *cough*. I think that maybe having a one season gap between rewards from a previous season being on the vendor rotation is the max that really should be accepted, especially if the seasons are going to be a more regular occurrence. Just like how in season 1 a lot of us got companions/rewards we missed years ago, make it so people who play current seasons can get the seasons companions they missed.

I would also extend this to the other seasons rewards, however I am not sure how to balance this so it wouldn't be more time efficient to just wait until a season ends to get the armor/weapons you want from a season.

I already have Altuur myself, but I would like others to have a way to get this companion because it's a bit of an unfair advantage in solo content. He's one of the few companions that has a unique ability. It adds a debuff to the target that increases the target's damage taken by 10% and heals you a small amount when you hit the target. It doesn't make much difference when fighting weak and standard mobs but can noticeably speed up killing time of champion mobs in Heroics, Flashpoints, and Chapters.

Edited by ThanderSnB

If they wouldn't add him to the GS seasons, at least they could make a substitute for everybody with making the current GS3 companion have unique abilities once more, instead of being a generic more-of-the-line one with some new appearance. Yes I do have Altuur, and he is that good that I'm only ever using him for any content, and yes I would like others to have access to him as well. Because his abilities are that unique, and that speaks volumes why generalization of companion abilities is a bad thing.
It puzzles me a bit that they made the first GS companion so unique, yet the two following ones are nothing special in terms of their abilities, outside of their usual quest, dialogues and appearance. Too much effort putting the time to test the balancing? I mean, at least you could make once more a companion with assault cannon, how many of those are still left in the game? 1-2 cartel market ones, like Personal Warbot, that Star Fortress one, and the one which could be won by Nar-Shaddaa event, that's it.

Edited by Qua-Tari

I am really done with this game, sadly.... no YELLOW GUY answer over month.

This isnt any support at all, that a shame and poor comunication.

Support lies, support dont help and say ask in forums, if you do, you get no answer.

Years ago they have streams, live events, you can ask / "chat with" the YELLOW GUYS if you have a problem and get a quick response, and now..... NOTHING.

7 hours ago, FWSWBN said:

I am really done with this game, sadly.... no YELLOW GUY answer over month.

This isnt any support at all, that a shame and poor comunication.

Support lies, support dont help and say ask in forums, if you do, you get no answer.

Years ago they have streams, live events, you can ask / "chat with" the YELLOW GUYS if you have a problem and get a quick response, and now..... NOTHING.

Pretty sure nowadays they have both GOLD  "guys"  AND  "gals"  , but anyways....

Ironically,  we were promised  more  communication  here:  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/923668-a-note-from-the-dev-team/#comment-9712385 ... but i'd say  after a slight increase  initially , it's been basically  plateau'd  same ole same ole.

Of course, that could all change for the better (or worse) later today, with THIS: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/925729-game-update-72-livestream/#comment-9726608

12 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Pretty sure nowadays they have both GOLD  "guys"  AND  "gals"  , but anyways....

Ironically,  we were promised  more  communication  here:  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/923668-a-note-from-the-dev-team/#comment-9712385 ... but i'd say  after a slight increase  initially , it's been basically  plateau'd  same ole same ole.

Of course, that could all change for the better (or worse) later today, with THIS: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/925729-game-update-72-livestream/#comment-9726608

Yeah ..  the livestream should be good!

Unfortunately, I have some important family business to attend to and will miss it.  If someone from the team reads this, I truly hope that they will post a link to watch it later today.  I really am interested!

On 11/3/2022 at 9:17 AM, akdonkey said:

Plus add gifts for him.  I was not able to complete that event. I would cap at least one of those companions to 50 if I could.

If you have Altuur but he's not level 50, you can buy a Commander's Compendium from the Conquest vendor on fleet for 3 Dark Projects and like 5 million credits. The item instantly boosts any companion to 50. Once Altuur is 50 on one character, the Seasons vendor sells gifts for Altuur to level him on alts. You can also buy the cartel market version of Commander's Compendium from GTN or cartel market, but the price is usually pretty high.

14 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

If you have Altuur but he's not level 50, you can buy a Commander's Compendium from the Conquest vendor on fleet for 3 Dark Projects and like 5 million credits. The item instantly boosts any companion to 50. Once Altuur is 50 on one character, the Seasons vendor sells gifts for Altuur to level him on alts. You can also buy the cartel market version of Commander's Compendium from GTN or cartel market, but the price is usually pretty high.

Thank you on my Way right now!

9 hours ago, akdonkey said:

If you have Altuur but he's not level 50, you can buy a Commander's Compendium from the Conquest vendor on fleet for 3 Dark Projects and like 4.25 million credits. After that his gifts show up on the Seasons vender. I can confirm this is true.

Or, if it's only a few thousand points left, spend more time but fewer credits by sending him on crew skill missions (not crafting, mind, but actual missions) to get him up to rank 50.

I think an interesting thing to do with previous seasons companions is to offer a token at some point in the completion of the current season (50 levels, 75 levels, 100 levels, or whatever) that gives you access to one of the previous season companions you don't have instead of offering them for sale on a vendor. That encourages people who don't have a previous companion to play the current season while still letting them "catch-up" on companions from previous seasons.

6 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Or, if it's only a few thousand points left, spend more time but fewer credits by sending him on crew skill missions (not crafting, mind, but actual missions) to get him up to rank 50.

Thats only 2 points a pop. Not two levels but the points such as 1 tier 5 gift can give 666 points.

3 hours ago, DWho said:

I think an interesting thing to do with previous seasons companions is to offer a token at some point in the completion of the current season (50 levels, 75 levels, 100 levels, or whatever) that gives you access to one of the previous season companions you don't have instead of offering them for sale on a vendor. That encourages people who don't have a previous companion to play the current season while still letting them "catch-up" on companions from previous seasons.

I’d say instead that they put a token on the GS vendor.  That way it’s another thing to spend the GS tokens on.  I would be pissed at getting that as one of the level rewards since it is less than useless IMO. 

1 hour ago, Darcmoon said:

I’d say instead that they put a token on the GS vendor.  That way it’s another thing to spend the GS tokens on.  I would be pissed at getting that as one of the level rewards since it is less than useless IMO. 

That's really no different than putting the companion on the vendor. My thought was to have to complete at least some number of levels of a current Season to "earn" the companion separate from those you could purchase. It could be a choice at some level a GS token or a token for an old Seasons companion.

Edited by DWho

8 minutes ago, DWho said:

That's really no different than putting the companion on the vendor. My thought was to have to complete at least some number of levels of a current Season to "earn" the companion separate from those you could purchase. It could be a choice at some level a GS token or a token for an old Seasons companion.

It different just in the fact that I doubt they would/could make a level where you choose one or the other.  At least with it on the vendor it conforms to every other ‘reward’ they have brought back.