7.0 Gearing is a wreck

lawfig

Gearing is too much. Reduce or eliminate tech frags. Ossus rewards are still after a month unopenable. Latest FP is broken. GS is more geared to WZ and Galactic Starfighter. I don't know the percentages but I have been a full subscriber since 2012. The new gear starting with 320 is terrible. The previous gearing was harder to get full sets, but doable."

I agree, I have been a player since Beta and a subscriber since the beginning. The changes that 7.0 brought are for who? The game is a mess. I have unsubscribed for the first time ever. This game is no longer enjoyable, it is mostly frustration. And I know most of that is I play mostly a healer. My healer I have played to 80 has all 322 blue gear or better and healing is horrible. It is half what it used to be. Then on top of that a bunch of cool downs and the aggro dump are gone. imagine what happens when your in a group that does not have a tank that can taunt and you now do not have a way of dumping aggro or even healing yourself effectively. Several Master Mode flashpoints are not complete-able, and people look at me for the reason.

I agree, I have been a player since Beta and a subscriber since the beginning. The changes that 7.0 brought are for who? The game is a mess. I have unsubscribed for the first time ever. This game is no longer enjoyable, it is mostly frustration. And I know most of that is I play mostly a healer. My healer I have played to 80 has all 322 blue gear or better and healing is horrible. It is half what it used to be. Then on top of that a bunch of cool downs and the aggro dump are gone. imagine what happens when your in a group that does not have a tank that can taunt and you now do not have a way of dumping aggro or even healing yourself effectively. Several Master Mode flashpoints are not complete-able, and people look at me for the reason.

I have been playing and PAYING since about January 2012. This is a nightmare. I am considering unsubscribing as well.

The 7.0 gear system is unnecessarily complicated and elitist.

A Better Gear System:

1) Conquest: 316 green gear with removable 316 green mods.

2) FPs: 318 green gear with removable 318 green mods.

3) OPs/PvP: 322 blue gear with removable 322 blue mods.

4) 701-800 (new tier) Crafters make 324 purple mods using a rare material that drops from FPs, OPs, WBs, conquest boxes, heroic weekly boxes.

*ONE* upgrade currency. Maybe aquatic matrices?

Mods are upgraded along this path:

• 316 green ->
  • 318 green ->
  • 320 green ->
  • 322 blue ->
  • 324 purple ->
  • 326 purple ->
  • 328 purple ->
  • 330 purple

Mods are then used in adaptive armor, weapon skins, etc. as usual.

Why is this better?

1. This system provides bonus value for "harder content" since they are a couple steps further along the gear upgrade path immediately.

2. This system ensures that every player can eventually get the final upgrade no matter what kind of content they play.

3. This system includes crafters.

4. This system includes the mod system we have loved for 10 years.

5. This system doesn't break weapon skins.

Gearing is too much. Reduce or eliminate tech frags. Ossus rewards are still after a month unopenable. Latest FP is broken. GS is more geared to WZ and Galactic Starfighter. I don't know the percentages but I have been a full subscriber since 2012. The new gear starting with 320 is terrible. The previous gearing was harder to get full sets, but doable."

What is so bad is that conquest gear doesn't even scale to blue or purple as you level it up. It just stays cr@ppy green stats. It's a total slap in the face and Boware took a dump all over story mode casuals and crafters unless you go afk farm GSF. Pretty sad you can get gear that easy for doing pretty much nothing. Oh but oh no, don't let the casual have lower rating purple gear.

Edited by Darthmoriquendi

A Better Gear System:

4) 701-800 (new tier) Crafters make 324 purple mods using a rare material that drops from FPs, OPs, WBs, conquest boxes, heroic weekly boxes.

• 316 green ->
  • 318 green ->
  • 320 green ->
  • 322 blue ->
  • 324 purple ->
  • 326 purple ->
  • 328 purple ->
  • 330 purple

Why is this better?

1. This system provides bonus value for "harder content" since they are a couple steps further along the gear upgrade path immediately.

2. This system ensures that every player can eventually get the final upgrade no matter what kind of content they play.

This!

I gotta agree here, 6.0 was pretty good and attainable. In terms of currencies, not sure why we just don't have one and unlock the prior stuff via credits. It's more or less cosmetic at this point now.

Have your PVE sets and your PVP sets -- done. Options are a good thing, but let's at least make it workable and manageable for us the players.

What is so bad is that conquest gear doesn't even scale to blue or purple as you level it up. It just stays cr@ppy green stats. It's a total slap in the face and Boware took a dump all over story mode casuals and crafters unless you go afk farm GSF. Pretty sad you can get gear that easy for doing pretty much nothing. Oh but oh no, don't let the casual have lower rating purple gear.

Exactly. See my post right above yours.

What would be the harm if you could keep upgrading your green decurion 326 gear to blue 328, then eventually purple 330? It is just more grinding, playing, and upgrading. That should be a GOOD THING.

This!

Thank you! :)

I agree with everything about the 7.0 gear. I'm more of story content player, but in order to gain higher 322 gear, I'm forced to grind Group Finder Flashpoints and I consider 324 gear hopeless to attain. I'm currently subscribed, but only for new story content for 2 months, and spend more time as a preferred player. As PP I can continue the group finder FP. But overall, I consider this whole gearing system as not very favorable toward those who enjoy less challenging content.

Just put things back to the way they were. I just came back to the game and was approaching 80 on my main character. Then I find out how weird the gear situation is now. Bring back the ability to mod gear at end game levels, and craft high quality gear/mods. It's a huge step back from what made this game awesome when it came to gear and character appearance. I loved being able to maintain my character's appearance and just swap out mods at max level. You ruined crafting, gearing, character appearance, and armor sets. I don't want to sound too dramatic here, but you really screwed up on this one Bioware.

Just put things back to the way they were. I just came back to the game and was approaching 80 on my main character. Then I find out how weird the gear situation is now. Bring back the ability to mod gear at end game levels,...

not just Endgame, mods are probably even better during leveling as you always need

upgrades and your Gear can fall really really far behind quickly. So getting duplicates while Leveling hurts even more than compared to when you are at max Level.

Guys....they just don't care.

Has anyone ever seen a "dev" even acknowledge these forums? Has anyone ever heard of anything pulled out of "Suggestion" into coding and then live game?

Sorry. Just how it is.

not just Endgame, mods are probably even better during leveling as you always need

upgrades and your Gear can fall really really far behind quickly. So getting duplicates while Leveling hurts even more than compared to when you are at max Level.

I completely agree. There are a lot of reasons that the old gearing/modding system was great. Did Kathleen Kennedy come up with this idea of the new gear system?

Guys....they just don't care.

Has anyone ever seen a "dev" even acknowledge these forums? Has anyone ever heard of anything pulled out of "Suggestion" into coding and then live game?

Sorry. Just how it is.

They may not respond here. They may not even read the stuff we post, but it is mind boggling how they felt these were good changes. It is what it is, but I really hope they make crafting relevant again.

Edited by Bobaberg

A Better Gear System:

• 316 green ->
  • 318 green ->
  • 320 green ->
  • 322 blue ->
  • 324 purple ->
  • 326 purple ->
  • 328 purple ->
  • 330 purple

Why is this better?

I would much prefer to return to armour and weapon modification than 7.0's current system.

I never felt weapons needed to be part of the outfit customiser untill now, where the weapons we previously used and equipped with mods are no longer good enough.

Going back to mods also means you can continue to use the equipment you've upgraded with augmentations.

There is a currency bloat right now and the gearing system only makes it more prominent.

Counting: Tech frags; Medals of Commendation; Aquatic RM; Decurion whatever; Hazardous matter catalyst; Thyrsian hmmm...; thats 6 more currecnies to the list. And each ofthem with their own cap.

And the rep and event currencies...

There are more currencies in this game than here are in the real world right now (actually I'm not sure abuot that, just exagerating but I hope you get the idea).

Just put things back to the way they were. I just came back to the game and was approaching 80 on my main character. Then I find out how weird the gear situation is now. Bring back the ability to mod gear at end game levels, and craft high quality gear/mods. It's a huge step back from what made this game awesome when it came to gear and character appearance. I loved being able to maintain my character's appearance and just swap out mods at max level. You ruined crafting, gearing, character appearance, and armor sets. I don't want to sound too dramatic here, but you really screwed up on this one Bioware.

I would like this approach alot.

No need to raise the level cap, only contributes stat to stats inflation.

No need for new gear tiers (or just add more and higher ratings over 306 for Lv.75).

There is no need for a complete revamp to add the new content.

The old (6.0) UI is good (the inventory is Waaaaay better looking and more detailed, why simple squares, why, why?!?!?!?), the other aspects should've been an option (character creator and gear slots and stats UI.

Items (Gear) Prevew zoom isn't better, you can't move upand down, it just feelslike it's bugged.

We had access to more skills, now we have less and we have to choose betweeen skills we had alltogether and the scaling is just Nerfing in disquise, fights aren't fun, aren't harder, just slow and grindy.

Was excited about 7.0 (Can be a darkside Jedi with lighning abilities, the tagging is awesome, thanks for it). But the new features just don't make me feel excited (on the contrary, sometimes when thinking about it just makes me feel angry, have to remind myself there are much more serious problems and it's just a game, so it helps to calm down).

Oh and after something is changed something completely unrelated and out ofthe blue is bugged and this happens often, it's not like when "A" is changed tnen maybe "B", which is connected to "A" will be buggy, no when "A" is changed then "Q" will be bugged...