Why Is DEV and whoever is in charge not listening?

Sazodeha

Simple post. Most everyone hates what they have done to this game, They took what was not broke and broke it.

Despite all the screaming and yelling to fix it, droves of ppl cancelling, not a word from them

Are they trying to EOL this game?

To be honest, the silence is what bothers me the most. We are all human and we all make mistakes. Every expansion since launch (including launch!) has been rife with bugs. To err is human. Every other expansion has been patched two, sometimes three times per week. This one... two plus weeks since launch and still cannot finish the final story. Still have to travel to stronghold then launch back into the story.

It would go miles, lightyears even, if they would just acknowledge they made some mistakes and share with us their promise to fix them. The silence is deafening and speaks volumes.

The silence is deafening and speaks volumes.

The game is dead my friend and they knew what the response was going to be to this "expansion" yet they did everything they could to hype this up to get maximum subs. I wouldn't want to show my face around here after doing something like that, I wouldn't rightly know if I could look at myself in the mirror.

Simple post. Most everyone hates what they have done to this game, They took what was not broke and broke it.

Despite all the screaming and yelling to fix it, droves of ppl cancelling, not a word from them

This has been the COMMON theme with this game for years. Their way or the highway... they know what is best for us and what we like better than we do. So they put on their horse blinders and earplugs, and plod on producing half-finished, shoddy work.

And the kicker.... they are utterly convinced they are doing it the right way.

I think the devs should take the time to respond to every single thread instead of, you know, work on fixing things in the game. It would obviously make people feel better. I mean, we clearly have done everything within our own power to follow the forum guidelines and keep all relevant discussion on singular topics / themes in one topic ... so we're only asking for two or three replies tops.

I think the devs should take the time to respond to every single thread instead of, you know, work on fixing things in the game. It would obviously make people feel better. I mean, we clearly have done everything within our own power to follow the forum guidelines and keep all relevant discussion on singular topics / themes in one topic ... so we're only asking for two or three replies tops.

Why not both? They have people whose literal job is to fix the bugs and they have people whose literal job is to communicate with the players. Don't create false dichotomy.

You sarcasm doesn't help. If anything it just lets management and public relations off the hook for this cluster fudge. By all means play devil's advocate if you can do so objectively... but the number of posts here isn't stopping them from making more statements nor is the number of bugs that need dealt with. Unless there's only one person working on the game? Which wouldn't surprise me at this point... poor Jackie has to answer our in-game tickets, mod the forum, meet with the board, debug the game, and design the next CM outfit! Where does she find the time???

Edited by red_onion

Why not both? They have people whose literal job is to fix the bugs and they have people whose literal job is to communicate with the players. Don't create false dichotomy.

You sarcasm doesn't help. If anything it just lets management and public relations off the hook for this cluster fudge. By all means play devil's advocate if you can do so objectively... but the number of posts here isn't stopping them from making more statements nor is the number of bugs that need dealt with. Unless there's only one person working on the game? Which wouldn't surprise me at this point... poor Jackie has to answer our in-game tickets, mod the forum, meet with the board, debug the game, and design the next CM outfit! Where does she find the time???

Now you're mad because I took the time to respond. I saw several pages of Dev tracker replies since 7.0 launched, acknowledging many of the bugs that were correctly reported in the bug forum. I saw another where Jackie thanked people for the reports and the feedback and asked people to follow the forum rules and guidelines. Her post did nothing to make angry players happy and they continued to make demands, create more duplicate topics and post them in the wrong forum (General) when there are forums specifically for bug reports and suggestions that in most cases already have an existing topic on the subject that players are either too lazy to scroll down and find or they feel their own version of a topic is more important than somebody else's.

How busy are the forum devs? I don't really know. There are a lot of posts disappearing, and, I'm sure, warnings and other punishments being handed out. Then when someone feels confrontational, they argue about whatever punishment they may have received. Just based on the amount of posts I've seen "disappear," I'm confident that they are reading our feedback whether they acknowledge that with a reply or not.

I'm glad you picked up on my sarcasm in the earlier reply. We don't need to "interact" with the devs to say what we have to say. Their replies in the forums don't fix anything or make anything better. It would behoove them to weigh all the feedback and make appropriate changes to the game to keep a majority of the player base happy. If a customer does not like the product anymore, he or she should stop supporting it. But that has very little to do with dev forum replies. Most customers never even log into the forums.

Edited by BRKMSN

Now you're mad because I took the time to respond. I saw several pages of Dev tracker replies since 7.0 launched, acknowledging many of the bugs that were correctly reported in the bug forum. I saw another where Jackie thanked people for the reports and the feedback and asked people to follow the forum rules and guidelines. Her post did nothing to make angry players happy and they continued to make demands, create more duplicate topics and post them in the wrong forum (General) when there are forums specifically for bug reports and suggestions that in most cases already have an existing topic on the subject that players are either too lazy to scroll down and find or they feel their own version of a topic is more important than somebody else's.

How busy are the forum devs? I don't really know. There are a lot of posts disappearing, and, I'm sure, warnings and other punishments being handed out. Then when someone feels confrontational, they argue about whatever punishment they may have received. Just based on the amount of posts I've seen "disappear," I'm confident that they are reading our feedback whether they acknowledge that with a reply or not.

I'm glad you picked up on my sarcasm in the earlier reply. We don't need to "interact" with the devs to say what we have to say. Their replies in the forums don't fix anything or make anything better. It would behoove them to weigh all the feedback and make appropriate changes to the game to keep a majority of the player base happy. If a customer does not like the product anymore, he or she should stop supporting it. But that has very little to do with dev forum replies. Most customers never even log into the forums.

I don't think the majority of players expect them to reply to every single thread, but a little communication beyond; "We are fixings bugs, be nice to each other." would probably be appreciated. Like even a vague timeline of patches and/or a roadmap of content coming would be nice.

I don't think the majority of players expect them to reply to every single thread, but a little communication beyond; "We are fixings bugs, be nice to each other." would probably be appreciated. Like even a vague timeline of patches and/or a roadmap of content coming would be nice.

Exactly. Something along the lines of "okay, we gathered that X, Y and Z are your biggest gripes, we'll prioritize working on those and I'll let you know about developments". Simple enough, not too committing, and we'd at least know they have acknowledged the specific problem areas.

It all makes sense when you understand that players are a hindrance to BW at this point. The lead producer has a certain way of playing this game. Since 2017 he is botching everything more and more, and more and more veteran players are leaving, while new players only stay for a short while. BW is continuing to change the game to Mr. Kanneg's liking though. A big part of Mr. Kanneg's work is to tweak the metrics for the shareholders in such a way that it looks like the game is doing well. Various changes in 7.0 have been made to make it easier for him to whitewash the situation.

If you want to understand why BW does what they do, you also have to understand how Mr. Kanneg and his personal raiding crew like to play this game. I don't understand it, but I know nothing like Jon Snow. I imagine that he is satisfied with 7.0, because he and his crew enjoy it.

Edited by JattaGin

It reminds me of a time I knew a guy who was in a pretty popular local band. He gave me their CD and I listened to it. Wasnt bad but the beat on all songs sound the same. I told him and he told the leader of the band. His response, "What does he know about music". Implying him being in a band makes his opinion better and right.

Point is, they see us as the band leader seen me, just some random guy who knows nothing, not realizing that I have eyes, ears and comprehension. Arrogance blinds them.

Edited by -Highsteel-

They are literally ignoring almost all feedback. I can only think of one reason for this and its a dark one. My guess is they know their licensing for the game is expiring soon and they just dont care anymore. Either that or EA recently told them they are pulling the plug soon. Its the only thing that makes sense at this point. If either is the case they wont tell us players till the last possible min because then we will stop spending money on the cartel market

Dev Tracker =/= statement. I want to read they got it in their heads.

It's there for people if they want it. There's even a post in there from yesterday encouraging people to try the PTS server and test the bug fixes they have worked on. Maybe their "communication" isn't sufficient for you. It's enough for me.

All along, I was expecting 7.0 to come out with things players didn't like (because they communicated many of those things before the release) and have come to expect every major patch to come with tons of bugs. The only thing that caught me off guard was how long it is taking to get our 1st downloadable patch. I would have preferred a small patch every few days that addressed a few reported bugs each time, over waiting a few weeks for 1 patch attempting to cover more issues at once. So if you're not following the dev tracker, it seems like silence. But I believe the real issue is just the lack of patches.