The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tactical Advantage / Upper Hand BS

SilverWF

Hello there

I wonder - will we ever get rid of such BS as Tactical Advantage (Upper Hand)?

Are we the only class in the game who need to have some sort of low stacked buff to even shoot?

Let's take assassin: I just go there and do things. Simple rotations, pretty often procs, TONS of damage.

Operative: complicated rotations, not much procs, SHOULD use precasts (like DOTs), still way lower damage compared to Sin.

Seriously, FFS - they dont see this mechanic is trash?

And even more: skills which require TA are not free! Yes, they consume energy, lol.

TLDR: TA is trash and should gone.

Edited by SilverWF

• 10 months later...
11 hours ago, ZUHFB said:

it currently does, 5% per TA, on leth at least idk about conc

Not 5% per TA, that'd be frankly insane. It increases damage and healing by 5% if you have at least one TA. That version is available to Medicine. The Lethality version gets a bonus 5% crit chance as well. But it doesn't scale with more TA. Concealment gets neither version.

• 3 months later...

Real bad mechanic, I have to basically stare at the tac advantage icon, since gaining them is so random at times, very hard to get a rhythm going. Sometimes you can hear the audible, but its a terrible way to play. Forget rotation, just waiting around for a "giggle", wasting time keying skills that don't fire, or wasted a builder. Just stare at the icon, forget watching game play, lol, weird.

Corrosive Return

Effect: If Corrosive Assault would reduce your Tactical Advantage to 0, it is refunded instead. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10s. In addition, Stim Boost lasts 5s longer.

I use this to keep my Corrosive Assault going strong.   This is very usefull and noticeable.

4 hours ago, Tasaas said:

Corrosive Return

Effect: If Corrosive Assault would reduce your Tactical Advantage to 0, it is refunded instead. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10s. In addition, Stim Boost lasts 5s longer.

I use this to keep my Corrosive Assault going strong.   This is very usefull and noticeable.

^ this, you shouldn't have any energy/TA issues as lethality dps.

For heal spec just keep at least 2 sets of probes ticking at all times and you shouldn't have any problems.

On 4/24/2023 at 8:11 PM, Skiritai said:

Sometimes you can hear the audible, but its a terrible way to play.

sometimes = when you get your first Stack.

2nd and 3rd Stacks are without chuckle thanks to some complainers.

I couldn't play the Class anymore after they made that change and the funniest part is that Vanguards have the chuckle even though they unlike Scoundrels don't have Random procs (assuming no Commando/Merc Raidbuff, wich admittedly isn't random but might as well be).

leaving aside how much better Gameplay is with the Audible feedback, I also like the chuckle.

• Like 1