Bravo

Nickodemous

I have read what you all said (devs)....and get it! It a reset of the game and a slow implement of everything new you all intended. I have been able to play many aspects of game and am impressed. I like the new direction and the story.

I don't PTS or get caught up in all the drama. I like to create it, but don't get caught up in it. :) As I have said in the past, I wait to gain on opinion about things once I am able to experience the real thing. Devs....do not deviate from the plan!!!

Pull back the reigns, give the game a refresh, and move towards the future. :confused: <not confused but mind blown!

The "future" is a concept most don't understand because they are always caught up in the "here and now". The "here and now" types cannot see past their toes! They are blinded with what was vs being able to see what could be.

Y'know, there actually are good things that can be said about the update. But this is just totally vacuous. I've read fortune cookies that had more substance. If you're going to say something negative OR positive, it's nice to actually be specific.

It looks like an AI wrote this to sound vaguely positive and yet say nothing.

Edited by joshuadyal

Y'know, there actually are good things that can be said about the update. But this is just totally vacuous. I've read fortune cookies that had more substance. If you're going to say something negative OR positive, it's nice to actually be specific.

It looks like an AI wrote this to sound vaguely positive and yet say nothing.

I think it's perfectly fair to ask specifically what those of us who like 7.0 like about it. Here's what I like:

1. Now that I've used to new skill trees, I hate the old ones. They were long and overly complicated, did not require any meaningful choices, and the long line of connected skills did nothing to show the skills' relationships to one another.

2. I thought ability bloat was a real problem. There were too many skills, and too many classes had too many defensive cooldowns which made the game far too easy and boring.

3. While I absolutely have some complaints about the new gearing system, the old one was just facerollingly easy. You could be fully max geared with minimal effort, which made me feel like there was nothing to accomplish.

4. I absolutely love loadouts and think they hugely improve quality of life. I love that I can swap from DPS to heals instantly, all my hotbars are done, and my gear swaps.

5. The game feels much more modern and fresh to me. I felt the old system looked and felt dated and clunky compared to the new ones.

6. I love the new metas attached to existing skills. I love that I can tweak them for different situations or just to serve my own preferred playstyle a small amount.

7. I like that set bonuses are decoupled from armor sets. I can maintain one DPS set across all my DPS toons because they are legacy bound. Same with tank and heal gear. Now I only need to work on implants for an individual character.

Now, to be clear: I am not saying there are no problems. I agree with many of the critiques. I think the UI needs some work for sure. I expect bugs in a major update, but the known bug list is longer than is really acceptable. Not having weapons in outfit designer is a huge minus. But overall I am very much enjoying 7.0 and I genuinely believe it makes the games core systems better, admittedly with some tweaking and significant improvements needed.

Edited by Eldrenath

I think it's prefectly fair to ask specifically what today of us who like 7.0 like about it. Here's what I like:

1. Now that I've used to new skill trees, I hate the old ones. They were long and overly complicated, did not require any meaningful choices, and the long line of connected skills did nothing to show the skills' relationships to one another.

2. I thought ability bloat was a real problem. There were too many skills, and too many classes had too many defensive cooldowns which made the game far too easy and boring.

3. While I absolutely have some complaints about the new gearing system, the old one was just facerollingly easy. You could be fully max geared with minimal effort, which made me feel like there was nothing to accomplish.

4. I absolutely love loadouts and think they hugely improve quality of life. I love that I can swap from DPS to heals instantly, all my hotbars are done, and my gear swaps.

5. The game feels much more modern and fresh to me. I felt the old system looked and felt dated and clunky compared to the new ones.

6. I love the new metas attached to existing skills. I love that I can tweak them for different situations or just to serve my own preferred playstyle a small amount.

7. I like that set bonuses are decoupled from armor sets. I can maintain one DPS set across all my DPS toons because they are legacy bound. Same with tank and heal gear. Now I only need to work on implants for an individual character.

Now, to be clear: I am not saying there are no problems. I agree with many of the critiques. I think the UI needs some work for sure. I expect bugs in a major update, but the known bug list is longer than is really acceptable. Not having weapons in outfit designer is a huge minus. But overall I am very much enjoying 7.0 and I genuinely believe it makes the games core systems better, admittedly with some tweaking and significant improvements needed.

You know what? We've got some minor disagreements, but I more or less agree with your list.

I think if only the new UI, particularly the inventory UI, wasn't so bad, there would be massively less negativity.

I think it's prefectly fair to ask specifically what today of us who like 7.0 like about it. Here's what I like:

I agree 100%

They do need to change the inventory, though... it hurts my eyes and make me dizzy even. Feels like motion sickness after a while.

I agree 100%

They do need to change the inventory, though... it hurts my eyes and make me dizzy even. Feels like motion sickness after a while.

This right here! A lot of people are having this problem, me included. My only real issue with all of 7.0. The rest is just learning new systems, fixing bugs, etc. But inventory UI is actually physically hurting peoples eyes, causing nausea and headaches. Please, for the love of all that's holy or unholy, fix this!

You know what? We've got some minor disagreements, but I more or less agree with your list.

I think if only the new UI, particularly the inventory UI, wasn't so bad, there would be massively less negativity.

The UI complaints are definitely valid. While I personally don't find the new UI to be tough on the eyes, there are MANY people who clearly do have an issue with that. So I sincerely hope they improve it, especially because many people with vision impairments are saying it's an issue for them.

And I absolutely agree that if the inventory UI were improved, they're would be a lot less negativity.

I agree with you man. I felt this renewal so much that I was excited to start some classes from scratch and I'm really enjoying the new layout. A few fixes here and there and I was really happy with the update.

I agree with you man. I felt this renewal so much that I was excited to start some classes from scratch and I'm really enjoying the new layout. A few fixes here and there and I was really happy with the update.

Same! There are some definite issues that need to be addressed or improved but I think this is a fantastic start overall that has made the game more fun for me both at max level and during leveling. And I think it will significantly improve the new player experience.

It is refreshing to see someone posting something positive here.

Yes 7.0 has some pretty serious issues, the UI is painful, it has a bug list as long as war and peace and the actual story release is very very short.

However, as someone who plays for the story I am NOT completely disappointed.

I have now played through all of the new story content on both imp and pub loyalists and imp and pub saboteurs.

The Manaan section did fall a bit flat for me and I thought it felt like a filler to allow players to get used to the new layouts and combat styles. The Elom flashpoint did move the story along a bit, there was some character immersion for both sides and some movement in the saboteur story for both sides.

I like the fact that my Jedi sentinel can now use force lightning, it fits her story that she would experiment with dark side abilities since she is in a relationship with a sith.

All of my other chars now have a stealth ability if they did not previously have one. This is hugely helpful.

As far as the story goes, BW did say that the story would be released gradually over the next year. It would have been nice to see a little more in the "expansion" which frankly feels like more of a content patch. But this basically strikes me as a prologue to the next phase of the story. We have been promised more so personally I am content for now to give BW a chance and see what they produce.

I just hope we're not waiting months for 7.1 or it could drag a little with the volume they have given us so far.

I have read what you all said (devs)....and get it! It a reset of the game and a slow implement of everything new you all intended. I have been able to play many aspects of game and am impressed. I like the new direction and the story.

I don't PTS or get caught up in all the drama. I like to create it, but don't get caught up in it. :) As I have said in the past, I wait to gain on opinion about things once I am able to experience the real thing. Devs....do not deviate from the plan!!!

Pull back the reigns, give the game a refresh, and move towards the future. :confused: <not confused but mind blown!

The "future" is a concept most don't understand because they are always caught up in the "here and now". The "here and now" types cannot see past their toes! They are blinded with what was vs being able to see what could be.

I'd have less of a problem with them trying to reboot the game if it was......ya know, a proper effort. ESO and FFXIV drop content patches that are larger than this games expansion. Its embarrassing and depressing. I love swtor and I hate that it gets so little content updates.

I'd have less of a problem with them trying to reboot the game if it was......ya know, a proper effort. ESO and FFXIV drop content patches that are larger than this games expansion. Its embarrassing and depressing. I love swtor and I hate that it gets so little content updates.

I remember the day I used to respect you as a player. Now, not so much. I have read some of your posts recently and really don't get it? After playing pvp....it like it used to be now. Figured you would like it. Super fast, skill oriented, and if you die....it on you. No more chain cc......then death. This crap about losing abilities is amusing. They were a crutch.

Everything going on is a positive. It like talking to a cement wall though. Either you get what is going on or you don't.

If you are in the "don't" crowd...stop with the entitlement.....it a game....in a few months you all will be saying how great it is.

These forums are exhausting, I get why the devs never post! :D

I Genuinely don't understand why people aren't cheering about that particular point. 6.0's gearing system was the worst gearing system i've ever seen in any game, in 20 years of gaming

My toons that never left Flashpoint/SM OPS had the exact same gear and rewards as the ultra elite players sweating their asses off in NIM. Yes it was comfortable, but it didn't give you any objective or reason to keep moving forward. No reason to run OPS, no reason to run MM FPs. Just do hammer station like a few dozen times and you're unironically full BIS. So much for end game content.

The new ability is also much cleaner IMO with some more impactful choices, the loadouts are great indeed, but the gearing needed a critical change, glad they've started to address that

Edited by dark-jehts

I Genuinely don't understand why people aren't cheering about that particular point. 6.0's gearing system was the worst gearing system i've ever seen in any game, in 20 years of gaming

My toons that never left Flashpoint/SM OPS had the exact same gear and rewards as the ultra elite players sweating their asses off in NIM. Yes it was comfortable, but it didn't give you any objective or reason to keep moving forward. No reason to run OPS, no reason to run MM FPs. Just do hammer station like a few dozen times and you're unironically full BIS. So much for end game content.

The new ability is also much cleaner IMO with some more impactful choices, the loadouts are great indeed, but the gearing needed a critical change, glad they've started to address that

Bravo!

Because we have different opinions? Many of us feel just the opposite of you as far as gearing goes, just like many of us believe we should play content because we enjoy it, not just to get gear.

I remember the day I used to respect you as a player. Now, not so much. I have read some of your posts recently and really don't get it? After playing pvp....it like it used to be now. Figured you would like it. Super fast, skill oriented, and if you die....it on you. No more chain cc......then death. This crap about losing abilities is amusing. They were a crutch.

Taking away skills doesn't make a game more skillful. It makes it easier and dumbs it down. They didn't address the real problems with pvp which were the amount of passives attached to all the CD's. You had many CD's that did 2 or 3 things at once.

Making me choose between force choke and undying rage while also removing intimidating roar and obfuscate (skills that have been baseline since 1.0) is not and never will be a good thing. Especially when you look over at PT who keeps their AOE CC as baseline. I'd have less of the problem if marauders at least still had roar as a baseline, but essentially giving them the middle finger on having to choose to have CC or no CC is just them not knowing what the hell they are doing.

Also, my gripes you quoted have nothing to do with pvp atm. My gripes in that post was the sheer lack of content because I do care about story and I expect an expansion to have more than 30 minutes of cutscenes.

Edited by Raansu

Gearing was trash in 6.0 for sure and made end game irrelevant. In general I like the concept of 7.0 gearing making end game relevant. The best gear should come from harder content. My problem with 7.0 is gearing through pvp is still a joke and stupid slow and on top of the fact that everything is static. If I want moddable gear in pvp I have to go do NiM raiding. Yes it scales down to 326, but I can have the BiS stat distribution when scaled down where that wont really be possible with the static sets making the moddable sets obviously superior.

Also the way you upgrade gear pieces in 7.0 is just dumb and obnoxious.

for all the s..t talking and doom and gloom , this isnt a bad update . if they tweak a few certain things with combat styles it may get on point . i dont know about the quality of the expansion story , but as far as ui goes and other little tid bits

its pretty darn good overall . maybe give an option to change colors of ui or give a classic ui option for people who it bothers their eyes . id like to see the ability to swap to other combat style on the fly would be my main request , but the separate gearing as your leveling is diff and keeps you interested in trying diff gear combinations per loadout

def good on them for skill pruning for the most part

Edited by KerryK

My toons that never left Flashpoint/SM OPS had the exact same gear and rewards as the ultra elite players sweating their asses off in NIM.

So what? I like getting nice things.

Yes it was comfortable, but it didn't give you any objective or reason to keep moving forward. No reason to run OPS, no reason to run MM FPs. Just do hammer station like a few dozen times and you're unironically full BIS. So much for end game content.

What about fun of running them? I runned countless MM FPs and some ops in 6.0 because I enjoyed it.

Now I'm actually less inclined to run ops. They made a system to force me to run them -> I hate the system -> I don't want to be in their numbers they'll use to show that the system is working as intended.

Maybe some day I'll get them as cosmetics but certainly not when the higher-ups are looking closely at the numbers.

White Knight much LoL

I don't want to hear lame excuses from the Devs about a Reset. Those of us who have been around awhile remember another reset called the NGE. As far a content, older games with a similar size player base like EQ2, put out better expacs than this on a yearly basis. Bioware had two years for this poor excuse for an expansion.

The future, that's laughable, this expansion makes it pretty obvious this game is being sunsetted.

Ultra elite players, good lord. Imagine using this language for any other hobby. "Horrifying that amateur knitters could get access to the same high quality fabric that the ultra elite knitters were using! What reason was there to even knit at that point?"

Video game enthusiasts really need a perspective check on some of this stuff. Some of the stuff people think is normal would sound like pure nonsense to anyone who doesn't play video games.

Ultra elite players, good lord. Imagine using this language for any other hobby. "Horrifying that amateur knitters could get access to the same high quality fabric that the ultra elite knitters were using! What reason was there to even knit at that point?"

I don't think our friend is entirely honest with us here. Can't imagine someone praising nightmare raiders so much without being a nightmare raider themselves.