Time to take action against self-destructors

HrRav

Cannot agree more with you!

I also don't know what this one guy here wants to tell me... I am happy about every new player who tries out GSF. I often encourage my guildmates to join me for GSF (since years - not only for the season or easy gear).

It can be a great game mode and very awarding after you learned the basics. But people with zero damage and 10+ selfdesctructs are only there to abuse the system. Nobody can tell me something different.

Getting more than 10 selfdestructs is also very challenging to get in time. I don't think that a new player know about how to boost but cannot hit a single enemy...

I can't speak for your server, however in all of my matches I've only seen on SF a handful of players even hit 10 deaths, and all of them had some minimal amount of damage to them. Don't think all of the deaths were SD"s either. I have yet to actually see intentional SD'ers since 7.0.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ground pvpers already whinin big time how fast it is to gear with gsf weekly, fact is, changing to win requirement will possibly bring gsf to crazy queuetimes. is that desired?

i play it for conquest now but i have a few chars with maxed ships, few with reasonable equippment but ofc also naked ships. after all playin is the only way to equip.

Because GSF is the most RELIABLE way to get gear.

Ops and FPs literally can't get you there (unless you're doing NiM ops).

Conquest gets you there much, much slower.

Warzones require you to win.

GSF you get gear for playing, win or lose.

Greetings!

Maybe that is the Problem? But instead of giving you progress for *won* GSF matches maybe there could be some middle ground? Where you'd progress significantly faster if you actually win?

Just my 2 cents,

Teskalra

Edited by Asten_

Because GSF is the most RELIABLE way to get gear.

Ops and FPs literally can't get you there (unless you're doing NiM ops).

Conquest gets you there much, much slower.

Warzones require you to win.

GSF you get gear for playing, win or lose.

I have hear so much about GSF being the best way to gear, that i tried it out today - 5 matches - didnt understand much but tried to be helpful. All i got after some losses, some wins were minor fleet requisitions and 1 tech fragment from those boxes. I dont get it at all, what gear, where?? It's like there is another SWTOR game out there.

I have hear so much about GSF being the best way to gear, that i tried it out today - 5 matches - didnt understand much but tried to be helpful. All i got after some losses, some wins were minor fleet requisitions and 1 tech fragment from those boxes. I dont get it at all, what gear, where?? It's like there is another SWTOR game out there.

You need to be 80 and pick up the weekly to get the pvp loot cache.

Back to topic.

When people has 3 or more death than kills in TDM matches, start adding a respawn timer penalty. e.g. +1 sec for each death to kill difference. Make the penalty visible in respawn timer. It won't stop self-destructor, but will help slow them down a little bit but without being too punishing for people learning GSF. It just needs to get the message across to die less in TDM.

Having said that, I have no faith in the current BioWare dev doing anything about this issue. All we can do is kill faster than them dying...

Edited by LordBladewind

When people has 3 or more death than kills in TDM matches, start adding a respawn timer penalty. e.g. +1 sec for each death to kill difference. Make the penalty visible in respawn timer. It won't stop self-destructor, but will help slow them down a little bit but without being too punishing for people learning GSF. It just needs to get the message across to die less in TDM.

I think this is the best idea presented so far.

[quote=LordBladewind;10016391

And the benefit of that is worth punishing new players who don't know what they are doing?

The only way of getting this sorted is sorting out the core issue: great rewards for no effort.

It's not just self-destructors. It's also the "fly in a circle at the spawn point during domination matches" players too. I made a separate thread about that, because I felt it's a separate issue, but it is related.

The best rewards are being put into certain content to motivate players to play that content. But there are a lot of people who really don't like GSF. Or, like someone in my guild, gets severe vertigo while playing GSF. Whatever the reason, this is what you get when you "force" people into content they don't want to play. The same thing is happening with the quality of PvP right now. It's the fastest way to charge the Neuro-key, so players who couldn't care less about PvP are joining matches and memeing, which is screwing up the content for those who are actually trying to get weeklies and stuff.

And I get that there are "multiple paths" to get gearing, but GSF takes less than half the time to get the same IR gear. I can't imagine trying to grind FP's or Ops right now, especially with how the difficulty of MM and NiM content has scaled in 7.0. If someone gave me the "option" of removing my leg or taking an antibiotic, it's not really much of a choice....

Edited by tinkywinkyofborg

Remove self-destructs as points to the other team. That is a bad idea from the start. But that removes a symptom, not the cause. The main issue is mixing apples and lettuces. Galactic Seasons has nothing to do with any pvp whasoever, and setting some of the higher weekly rewards for doing pvp is a contrived way to force players into pvp.

Removing pvp objectives from pve content would pretty much clear warzones and GSF from unwilling participants. But pvp players don't care, since elbowing people into pvp helps with their queue times.

You can report self destructors to this email address

pvpreports@swtor.com

include a screen shot, and even better, a video of good quality to send along.

So they can watch as it unfolds, and can mark down names.

I was just in a TDM on Satele Shan where people on the other team were self destructing.

Not just one person, but several.

Thats the video im sending in.

If you want to help, please use the email report, include a link to the video and mention it is on Satele Shan.

Together, we can get these toxic players banned maybe.

Thanks in advance.

I only play GSF during the "Seasons" but I play to win. Have all my ships mastered across 3 servers. Probably average at best.

I'm not sure what can be done against deliberate SD's. Making only 'wins' count is horrible :eek:, I'd simply stop playing and do another Season target. One of the reasons I stopped ground PvP'ing apart from the stress was getting nada from trying to win whilst others just fought for medals rather than the objective, or, stood by letting them cap doors etc.

Penalising those that try, however good they are, or aren't, is never the way.

At the moment, GSF is THE way to gear up it seems. Multiple guildies across the servers and in Gen Chat have all been telling people to GSF for your gear!

You do realize that some of us self-destruct by accident by flying into stuff because GSF isn't exactly easy to learn.

Figuring out how to control your ship, how to fire, how to fly the damned thing isn't a walk in the park.

:mad:

You do realize that some of us self-destruct by accident by flying into stuff because GSF isn't exactly easy to learn.

Figuring out how to control your ship, how to fire, how to fly the damned thing isn't a walk in the park.

:mad:

Tell us you didn't read the thread without saying you didn't read the thread.

No one is advocating for keeping new players from having room to learn, and in fact that's a consideration in every suggestion offered. It really isn't hard to tell who is doing it on purpose and who isn't.

i play GSF only in the Gelactic seasons.

but since season 1 there has really a problem with the self destructors in the GSF.

and in season 2 its still becoming a problem when it has become a challanse.

and its always in the Team Deathmatch's when there are 2 or more are doing it to end it fast.

and the problem has been report all since season 1 all but it seems that bioware is doing notting against it since its returning in season 2.

and its only when the challanse is about the compleet match's there are doing it and only in Team deathmatch's.

for my part there add a auto kick system to it when somebody destroy there self more then making kills or defeat by the other team more.

since its not fun at all any more and this problem needs to be stop before there add the new challanse with the GSF.

in chat just write the abuser`s name and mention the reason for everyone to vote kick,,afk`,,feeding kills,,etc,,50% of the time people will kick the person,,if not ,,take a screenshot at the end with how many 0`s he has then write a ticket or email to the win trade pvp and mention in detail the situation..I did several and since then the people I wrote about are no longer in the gsf matches,,it works...:),,,there are key words to use in your tickets/emails I won`t say what they are but they are written in the ula

in chat just write the abuser`s name and mention the reason for everyone to vote kick,,afk`,,feeding kills,,etc,,50% of the time people will kick the person,,if not ,,take a screenshot at the end with how many 0`s he has then write a ticket or email to the win trade pvp and mention in detail the situation..I did several and since then the people I wrote about are no longer in the gsf matches,,it works...:),,,there are key words to use in your tickets/emails I won`t say what they are but they are written in the ula

You cant kick a intentional suicider.

When you die, you are covered in death mode while waiting to respawn.

When you respawn, you are immediately contributing again.

The ONLY way to kick people out of matches is when their status during match is "not contributing".

You dont get "non contributing" status until you have set and not interact with the environment for a few minutes.

I don't think it would be as hard as people are saying to identify self destructors.

Basically, combat is the key there.

If something could check, are they in proximity to a player? have they recently fired? used an ability skill?

You could realistically use combat and movement as a factor in determining who is playing and who is not. It wouldn't be a very easy system to impliment but it would be possible.

I don't get it. When you do not like the game mode why play it? (I know why but I hope you get me - there are other ways to get your gear and season points)..

You dont understand the game in its entirety and the kind of horrible changes 7.0 brought.

The developers in their immense wisdom believed the way to fix the problem of people making too much money and gaining flagship parts from conquest decided to double the amount of conquest points...while making GSF conquest rewards one of the easier ways of making conquest on many characters...a thing many players did before the changes and so, GSF is now one of the easier ways of doing it not only because of how the point rewards work out but also because it can be done while being mostly afk.

There are many threads on this. The developers made a massive mistake in their changes. They should have changed the conquest rewards instead of FUBARing the entire system while also causing the train-wreck that is GSF right now. Demand the developers reverse their conquest changes because otherwise, their not well thought out fixes is actually going to end up breaking GSF even more.

As is, a player can have a character do 2 matches to get 2/3 activity finder. Log out, bring in another character (all doing one type of ship BTW. In one match hit the activity finder 1 and be at 3/5 with a ship objective. Log back in character 1 and do another 1/2 matches for the GSF weekly + nailing the conquest starfighter achiever for over 100k conquest and that character is done for the week while also bringing the ship objective to 4/5. Bring back in character 2 to knock off that ship objective and thats 2 characters hitting their conquest...this also brings activity finder socialite II to 2/5...bring in character 3 and do 3 matches with one ship and youll have character 3 more than half way to conquest and you can stop for the day.

2 1/2 characters daily with GSF. Bang out a reputation increase and 3 characters done per day, mostly afk.

The fix is not ending AFKing. The fix is via conquest reward changing because guess what? It is EASY to make a macro/bot to fake fight in GSF and any attempt to come up with an idea by any of you will actually hurt GSF more because new players, inexperienced players will be hurt by your attempts like that crazy kill/assist ratio someone else mentioned.

Dont drive "players" away, try to get the developers to remove the reason for anyone to do it.

As many before me said already, if the self destruct wouldn't count as a kill to the enemy team, it wouldn't be such a problem

It would be a problem sure, but not a problem that cost the team a mach and fustrate the real pilots, be rookie or ace

As many before me said already, if the self destruct wouldn't count as a kill to the enemy team, it wouldn't be such a problem

It would be a problem sure, but not a problem that cost the team a mach and fustrate the real pilots, be rookie or ace

The blanket "self destruct doesnt count" would leave an exploit where players could self destruct to avoid the enemy getting points.

Some mitigation would be for self destructs only to count if you took damage from the enemy beforehand, if thats possible in ehe game conditions logic

Edited by Night-runner

True

Would work

Except the curent team can't patch the game without breaking 10 new things to add the pre-existing list of problems and bugs, so I think GSF and the problems with it are somewhere on the bottom of their list

But this point I'm glad, if they don't touch it, there is a chance they will not break this too...

True

Would work

Except the curent team can't patch the game without breaking 10 new things to add the pre-existing list of problems and bugs, so I think GSF and the problems with it are somewhere on the bottom of their list

But this point I'm glad, if they don't touch it, there is a chance they will not break this too...

Yep. Like NASA trying to get back to the moon.

No one is left from the original missions. So it takes another 10-20 years to figure out how to do it again.

Which makes it that much more amazing they went to the moon 50+ years ago.

the main reason there are doing it is to end the match fast.

we all know that in the Gelactic season's you get that you most compleet X time's match in GSF.

sure winning counts for x2 but most people that not wane play and only care for the season points like in season 1 are doing stuff like this to make it a quick match so that there compleet the challanse and get there season points from it.

and if there give the other team no points at all for it then there need to play it for real more.

and there is also no quick way to end the match any more.

so its a good idea the developers most add in the GSF

Edited by Spikanor