Victorious Pioneer's leveling gear doesn't give the extra 50% xp

Lt_Awoke

This is very disappointing. The XP you get from the new story stuff may be great, but for my level 75+ for characters that can't access that, it takes a lot of heroics/missions to level. I was really hoping to use this hard-earned set to speed things up.

Y'know, I'd really appreciate some official posts soon that aren't either bad news or some variation of "we're aware of this bug and may or may not be fixing it". :(

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

With 7.0, we transitioned away from armor-based set bonuses and as part of this we stopped all set bonus effects from applying beyond level 75. This includes the Victorious Pioneer's Set, so it is working as intended. The Set will still grant exp bonuses for players below level 75. We'll be keeping communication open regarding ways for players to level alts more quickly from level 75+.

More 7.0 unacceptableness for players that are still sticking around, where’s Musco 🤔

At issue at this point isn't the benefit of the armor, because plenty of players never experienced DvL and do not have the XP gear.

it's the labor to get it...

...and an understanding about the nature of that labor.

Excuse the hell out of all of us for failing to grasp, Bioware, but fair to rights, nothing was ever communicated to the player base during DvL indicated "oh, by the way players, don't knock yourself out too hard to get this gear, at a certain max level cap down the road, it won't be worth anything."

Edited by xordevoreaux

Hi folks,

With 7.0, we transitioned away from armor-based set bonuses and as part of this we stopped all set bonus effects from applying beyond level 75. This includes the Victorious Pioneer's Set, so it is working as intended. The Set will still grant exp bonuses for players below level 75. We'll be keeping communication open regarding ways for players to level alts more quickly from level 75+.

So, not only was this not communicated, its not even going to be fixed - despite what players were told about the set when it was available.

I don't even have the set, and thats a huge middle finger to those that worked for it. What? No 100 credits to reimburse them?

Hi folks,

This is a terrible move. I hate to use the trope, but it is truly a slap in the face.

Let me be clear: the grind from 75 to 80 is not bad, even with the set apparently intentionally not working. Nevertheless the set should still work, if nothing else than to stay true to its intended functionality for the entirety of the game. I do not care if the fix is delayed, snave is right that there are more important bugs right now. But it is the right thing to do from a customer service perspective to fix this some day. You still have plenty of non-Legendary Implant objects providing effects, like the Dread Guard Mask and the Attuned weapons from KOTFE Chapter 12. Are you intending to remove these things as well? I think not. The DvL set does literally nothing at level cap, so there is less-than-zero downside from your perspective to fix this.

Awful decision, Bioware, truly awful.

My memory isn't what it used to be, but I could swear several people on the PTS asked if Victorious Pioneer would continue to work post 7.0 since set bonuses were being moved, and they never got an answer. If Bioware employees really were reading those forums, why was that question not answered if disabling that set bonus really was intended?

Are there any positives in this Patch you've forgotten to tell about or is it ALL bad news?

The communications since start of 7.0 is a case of no news is good news...because any other news is just bad.

Its hard to believe how few players in a number of guilds I'm in are playing now. Looking at xp levels looks like most have one toon at 80 and no sign of most of them now they have done the content.

Have none of you got anything to say for yourselves? Its a disgrace that Keith is leaving Jackie to community manage the indefensible, and her one of the newer members of staff in Bioware.

I have about 30 days left of sub and I thought that might give me a chance to see some responses but looks like that might not happen.

10 Year Anniversary! Feels more like a commemoration.

I have also noticed that my Victorious Pioneer was missing from the servers I hadn't logged onto quite a while. Also disappointing. I had a set on each server. I haven't "played" SWTOR since December, and to get what we did is disappointing indeed.

Thank you for the reply.

I understand the reasoning behind what you stated. When players acquired this gear set from the DvL event, it was stated that it would be usable as leveling gear for a long as we had it. Yes, removing the armor-based set bonuses was an intended change for 7.0, and I am not fighting that. I am upset that I now have a gear set that is completely useless for leveling now (I don't have anyone under level 75) and having 30+ characters that I want to level to 80 and can't do the new story because it is locked behind the previous story (I don't need to do the same story over and over with the same outcome...it is boring). You took away the only other way that would have made leveling these characters tolerable. You're basically punishing players with more than 4 characters (you'll get max comms after conquest on 4 characters).

Yes, there are some folks out there that aren't in the same boat as me, but I know there are quite a few that are.

True, I only have 24 alts that I want to level up to level 80 - but I am also -extremely- disappointed that the leveling gear armor is being specifically borked now. It was dang hard to get in the first place - and breaking it now seems both arbitrary and unfair.

But then 'SWTOR 7.0 Arbitrary & Unfair' DOES seem to be the name of this expansion, doesn't it? :mad:

Hi folks,

I'd like to respond by asking the developers to please review what was required to earn this armor set and potentially reconsider this decision.

Why?

Toward the end of 4.x, when this set was earned, you essentially had to play the entire game again on the PVE side on both factions, including leveling through the all the 1-50 zones twice, and then completing the expansion stories. This meant Makeb, Rishi, Yavin, and then through the end of Chapter 16 of KotFE. You also had finish EVERY FP in Story and Veteran mode (and later in Master Mode, though that was to finish the event), alongside other requirements like PVP matches, Alliance Alerts, Eternal Championship, etc. It was, at the time, the longest grind the game ever had, short of getting to Valor 100 in PVP, and I believe remains so.

But it was worth it in the years since, because it was an exceptionally useful armor set, especially in a game that emphasizes alts as much as SWTOR, when the level cap was raised.

I'm linking the checklist from Dulfy that many used at the time, to keep track of requirements, below, as a full list of what folks did during the event to earn this XP set bonus. Please take a look:

http://dulfy.net/2016/06/28/swtor-dark-vs-light-event-checklist/

Especially because this set bonus does not affect level-cap play at all, please reconsider why it may be worth changing, such that it works at all levels leading up to 80 and further if we ever see another level cap increase.

Edited by arunav

Hi folks,

If an alternative is being considered for level 75+, perhaps the developers can introduce an Implant set bonus that has the same XP bonus rate gain as the full Victorious Pioneer set currently does.

I imagine it's pretty simple to see which players completed the DvL achievements for earning the entire armor set during the event (they've been moved to "Feats of Strength", with the points removed, but the completion status remains). Folks would need to have "Champion" level or above completion for the event.

The new XP Implants could then be sent via in-game mail to qualifying players.

Edit: This is a stupid idea. I just remembered implants are stuck at a certain item rating.

Here's a different idea: the game currently has the Gree "White Acute Module" to slow down certain kinds of XP gain.

Perhaps something similar can be sent to players via mail that can apply an XP buff that functions the same way the Victorious Pioneer set does after reaching level 75.

Of course, I think we'd all prefer the set just work again.

Edited by arunav

If an alternative is being considered for level 75+, perhaps the developers can introduce an Implant set bonus that has the same XP bonus rate gain as the full Victorious Pioneer set currently does.

I imagine it's pretty simple to see which players completed the DvL achievements for earning the entire armor set during the event (they've been moved to "Feats of Strength", with the points removed, but the completion status remains). Folks would need to have "Champion" level or above completion for the event.

The new XP Implants could then be sent via in-game mail to qualifying players.

Or Bioware honors our original effort and simply undoes what they've done to Pioneer gear.

solution:

Hello Hero! You nearly got a full set of the Victorious Pioneer's Armor.

Because of your growing strength, you can't profit from it anymore.

That's why i designed the Victorious Pioneer's Devices you will find

a crate attached. This will give you back the power you needed.

- Prof.Dr.med.xen. Oggurobb

Hello Hero! You got a full set of the Victorious Pioneer's Armor.

Because of your growing strength, you can't profit from it anymore.

That's why i designed the Victorious Pioneer's Devices you will find

two crates attached. This will give you back the power you needed.

- Prof.Dr.med.xen. Oggurobb

each crate contains devices in item level 156 / item rating 318 / requ. level 75:

1x Victorious Pioneer's Adept Device

1x Victorious Pioneer's Quick Savant Device

1x Victorious Pioneer's Initiative Device

1x Victorious Pioneer's Bulwark Device

1x Victorious Pioneer's Bastion Device

so of course the player will benefit a bit more,

not having done the full run in the past, but they

need way longer for 1-75 and with 2 crates you can

be more flexible.

so bioware: when?

Edited by fabsus

Hi folks,

I understand that, i DO NOT understand why Victorious Pioneer's Set DOES NOT mention this in information that bonus only applies to 74th level.

No description was added ? other sets do mention 1-74.

I also spend months to get this set and now it's trash.

:mad:

Edited by -Spc

Hi folks,

How about adjusting timewise the XP granted from other activites compared the story missions? Oh, wait, this has been requested multiple times since the first expansion, you just would not listen. I get 1.700 XP at level 76 for a completed GSF battle and 150.000 XP for a daily, whereas I would get 1.900.000 XP for making a step forward in the storyline, both requiring 15 minutes. ***?

From a different perspective, I would gladly pay a fair ammount of credits to jump from 75 to 80 instantly. If you go down this path, aside from character fee, you have to provide a legacy-wide unlock available to acknowledge the efforts your playerbase has put into levelling alts this far.

Then again, the whole levelling thing makes no sense. A player capable of dealing with the strongest single enemies in the Universe should be able the eliminate a whole army with a single Force Fart, yet you keep on coming up with troops that won't run away / die from a single hit in new areas.

Also, there are 80 levels for no reason whatsoever. As of now, there are 13 rows in the combat style tree, hence there is hardly any reason to have more levels or to have levels at all (you could grant skills based on class story progression instead).

Edited by varietasplus

Do you have a dedicated employee who finds more creative ways of removing any aspect of fun from the game or it's team effort?

Lana: You're not going to believe what our player was saying today, honestly. Complaining about nerfed Presence.

Theron: Oh let me guess, our player had you on heals.

Lana: [Glaring] It's not just me now, it's everybody! Not even that ugly, smelly Gand is any good.

Theron: Hey now, don't trash Yuun, he's a decent healer.

Lana: Was.

Theron: [Distracted getting an eyeful of Torian walking past] Heh, our player put Blondie in a battle harness. Cute.

Lana: Focus! This is a serious problem.

Theron: Okay, Okay, so we're not good any more. I get it.

Lana; Well you sure don't seem all that upset. I think you would be, Player about left you for dead.

Theron: Meh. I've been talking to our player. Softening him up to the idea of going full RP instead of doing PvE.

Lana: For us being useless?

Theron: [Preening] Don't know about you, but looking good is never useless.

Lana: Bah! You're impossible.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Hi folks,

That is unacceptable. Reinforces my choice to cancel my subscription.

https://c.tenor.com/h-HbCr7aW8UAAAAd/darth-vader-alter-the-deal.gif

Massive grind to complete the DvL event, told we could use it in the future, get it taken away anyway. To be fair, even if it was a bug they have so many fixes needed ATM I can see them deciding to just back bench this out of convenience.

Back benching customer satisfaction is never good business.

People questioned whether or not xp set bonus would be removed almost immediately after the post stating that armor set bonuses were going away, and BioWare decided to ignore the question.

This is a pattern of what seems to be the willful withholding of bad information for as long as possible in an effort to mislead people about their intentions.

They seem to thrive on either providing false information or withholding certain information in order to keep people hoping and continuing to subscribe to the game.

This might gain them subscribers in the short term, but I don't think it is good for them, or us in the long term.

Edited by Exly