Healing in cover?

Temprienne

Check your list of passives, I'm pretty sure healing in cover is gone

And I think the cover bar is gone too (I haven't used the cover bar in a long time, so I Forget where to look for the setting)

If you're used to the cover bar, it does take some adjustment without it, but it's by no means unplayable

Hots (Healing over time) are gonna, as did healing on roll.

I am not sure if this last is included in one of the bonus sets.

I can live without my cover bar. No worries there.

Evasion is also gone.

So Sniper survivability if previously was a difficult art to master, now is not even that.

The pruning is big on Sniper / Gunslingers. But its the first DPS class I rolled into 80 after doing my Sage heal on Tuesday.

All forms of Slinger/Sniper healing is gone.

So are most of our defenses.

Someone at BW thought it'd be a good idea to make us paper tigers. Sure, we can hit pretty hard, but even in cover, you will get WRECKED.

What didn't lose healing?? OPERATIVES!!! All the same CC and stuff they had, all the mondo burst damage, all the healing. They were hardly touched. But Snipers were utterly GUTTED.

And yeah, Sorcs are destroying everyone right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, no healing. (Operatives do).

You can choose between evasion and stun, but not both (Operatives have both, YOU DO NOT!).

You can choose between hideout/scrambling or bombing run, but not all 3.

Essentially what BioWare did was make Slinger/Sniper unplayable in BGs.

That is why you're not seeing them anymore. What are you seeing?

Melee such as Sentinels, Shadows, Operatives and Sages. Those are the classes that can deal out damage and have defensives.

But not you. Nope. You are to sit there and watch yourself die as quickly as possible while the opposing team laughs at you.

Thats what BioWare wanted, that is what they gave us.

Time to delete my Slinger.

No, no healing. (Operatives do).

You can choose between evasion and stun, but not both (Operatives have both, YOU DO NOT!).

You can choose between hideout/scrambling or bombing run, but not all 3.

Essentially what BioWare did was make Slinger/Sniper unplayable in BGs.

That is why you're not seeing them anymore. What are you seeing?

Melee such as Sentinels, Shadows, Operatives and Sages. Those are the classes that can deal out damage and have defensives.

But not you. Nope. You are to sit there and watch yourself die as quickly as possible while the opposing team laughs at you.

Thats what BioWare wanted, that is what they gave us.

Time to delete my Slinger.

I can't remember all the gunslinger terminology my apologies. It is odd what they have done and it does differ between specs as well. For example on engineering we can have maim and evasion, but we cannot have maim and hololocate. Though for me though I see the strategic value of hololocate, it's very lore'/immersion breaking for me and would take Maim over it any day of the week.

I'm not familiar with hideout/scrambling I'm afraid so can't comment.

Losing Flashbang completely (no idea if that was removed in 7.0 or 6.0) is a loss, though it depends how many other classes have their version available to them. With all of that combined though we still have access to:

Legshot, Cover Pulse, Shield, Entrench, meticulous preparation and if you're engineering Evasion, Maim and the 2 second stun on EMP Discharge/Plasma Probe. So that's the basis of our defence right there. I can appreciate that the loss of healing is a big thing but we survived for five years without it. The only thing we're missing is flashbang.

I didn't take a lot of notice of the other two specs (I've always had Engineering as my main class in the game), but if they can't have maim and evasion then that is an odd thing to do. Evasion was back when I last played a key skill. They have made some talents part of a choice that I barely rated...some of which are a high skill level.

My first impression of all the changes from coming back after 5 years is things were quite screwed up. For engineering though as I've specified it doesn't look to be that bad.

Back then I was never against us having some healing but they went way overboard in 5.0, I have no idea if it was nerfed at all but if it wasn't then my 5 years out of date view is you all got lucky it didn't happen sooner. The defence changes are another thing entirely however, having to chose between maim and evasion if thats the case for marksman and verluence sucks and should be revisited, but at the same time you can have maim and hololocate which engineering can't.

All in all, I fully admit I haven't stepped foot inside a warzone since my return and I don't have the knowledge as to how the other classes are now (they're still lvl 65), but from an engineering point of view I can get pretty close to the defences I used to have when I last played. the lack of healing for me is not a bit deal.

Edited by BaineOs

Play a few warzones, you'll figure out really quickly how weak our class is.

That right there is my point, as I said I have no intention to upset or antagonise anyone. I've heard that argument before back when I was playing, there were many people who said for ages that snipers needed a huge boost, that we were boardling upon being useless yet all the time there were those of us that were doing fine.

Edited by BaineOs

That right there is my point, as I said I have no intention to upset or antagonise anyone. I've heard that argument before back when I was playing, there were many people who said for ages that snipers needed a huge boost, that we were boardling upon being useless yet all the time there were those of us that were doing fine.

I see your last Sniper youtube video is over 3 years old.

Point made :) If it was that great you'd be posting a lot of them!

I see your last Sniper youtube video is over 3 years old.

Point made :) If it was that great you'd be posting a lot of them!

You do realise the concept of the fact I quit the game 5 years ago and only just reactivated my account means I'm highly unlikely going to be making new videos during that 5 year period where I'm not playing? The point as you put it, has not been made ;)

Whilst you're looking take a look at SnipersFOTM and episode 102 and perhaps you'll see I made my comments about healing back then and the main reason why I quit.

Edited by BaineOs

You do realise the concept of the fact I quit the game 5 years ago and only just reactivated my account means I'm highly unlikely going to be making new videos during that 5 year period where I'm not playing? The point as you put it, has not been made ;)

Whilst you're looking take a look at SnipersFOTM and episode 102 and perhaps you'll see I made my comments about healing back then and the main reason why I quit.

Too far to go back. Summarize it here.

I personally think Snipers need some kind of healing to offset the MASSIVE amount of DOT damage we take.

• 4 months later...
Too far to go back. Summarize it here.

I personally think Snipers need some kind of healing to offset the MASSIVE amount of DOT damage we take.

I agree we need something to counter the dots we receive. Its insane how a single madness sorc or pretty much any dot class can melt more than half of our HP just applying a few dots,and we have too little to endure that. But I personally dont think it needs to be a self heal or even a HOT,but maybe a better dcd that mitigates the dmg during some time.

Edited by DougTheNoob

Came here looking for advice on healing and found it's all as I suspected, there none on Sniper now.

Although PvP shows healing done, sometimes quite a bit.

I'm assuming this is how Shield Probe works. Although it says it absorbs DMG, its actually healing that amount.

Otherwise, there is unexplained healing, at least in PvP.

Came here looking for advice on healing and found it's all as I suspected, there none on Sniper now.

Although PvP shows healing done, sometimes quite a bit.

I'm assuming this is how Shield Probe works. Although it says it absorbs DMG, its actually healing that amount.

Otherwise, there is unexplained healing, at least in PvP.

I can't recall what gets counted towards healing.

But Shield Probe is a temporary health type defensive which gives you X value of invisible health and you take 0 damage until the ability runs out or the temporary health absorbs it's own value in damage.

Other identical mechanics are sorc bubbles, jug Endure Pain(except the fake health is visible on your healthbar which screws with healers since it vanishes after 20s if not consumed) and pt tanks using Emergency Power which gives 1.6mhp invisible health for 3s.

Edited by Gyronamics