Empty server list

MacFelly

Could it be DNS related?

I'm living in France and it's now working almost everytime (still crashing but tied to proton/My distro not to the game), and as servers are tied to a Domain name, an adress translation error could be the cause.

Have you tried to edit by hand your host file to reflect the IP adress of your server?

It's not DNS. I can look at the network traffic, see it contacting the server and getting a reply.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After attempting to launch the game 5 times in a row, from Steam, I ended up having access to the servers and to my characters. I have been playing for about two hours now with no issues.

I have no idea why it ended up working. I'll edit this post after I log out, to see whether I can access the servers again or it was just a fluke.

Someone else mentioned being located in France - so am I. Don't know if this is relevant in any way, but if anyone can make any sense of this?

Edit: No real surprise, I got the No Servers spectacle again after trying to log in again. Forcing it a few times on Steam does seem to get some results, although seemingly at complete random.

Edited by Arnalia

Ok, this is what the list request looks like:

192.168.1.110	gamepad.lb.swtor.biowareonline.net	TCP	TCP:Flags=...A...., SrcPort=50479, DstPort=HTTPS(443), PayloadLen=0, Seq=750810268, Ack=3300983376, Win=1026 (scale factor 0x8) = 262656	{TCP:209, IPv4:145}
192.168.1.110	gamepad.lb.swtor.biowareonline.net	TLS	TLS:TLS Rec Layer-1 SSL Application Data	{TLS:211, SSLVersionSelector:210, TCP:209, IPv4:145}
gamepad.lb.swtor.biowareonline.net	192.168.1.110	TCP	TCP:Flags=...A...., SrcPort=HTTPS(443), DstPort=50479, PayloadLen=0, Seq=3300983376, Ack=750810449, Win=1082 (scale factor 0x5) = 34624	{TCP:209, IPv4:145}

192.168.110 is my internal IP address, that's me. The other biowareonline address, that's the server that gives out the shard list. So the game sends a quick poke to wake the server up, then sends 221 bytes of "application data". Last line, the server says "yup, I heard you"... and then stops. This happens twice (maybe three times) while the splash screen is up. That little spinning thing bottom right? This is what's going on when that spins. When it freezes? That's when the request fails and it has to try again.

Now, surprisingly enough I did actually connect the first time I tried this. I could see where the traffic switched over to the actual shard and started talking to the game server. Unfortunately I had to sacrifice that connection in order to get a good capture of what it looks like when it doesn't work :(

After attempting to launch the game 5 times in a row, from Steam, I ended up having access to the servers and to my characters. I have been playing for about two hours now with no issues.

I have no idea why it ended up working. I'll edit this post after I log out, to see whether I can access the servers again or it was just a fluke.

Someone else mentioned being located in France - so am I. Don't know if this is relevant in any way, but if anyone can make any sense of this?

If you launch it often enough it will eventually work. You might get lucky and get it on the first try or two, or you may end up trying for hours. That's the problem. It should work every time, and it doesn't. And no one can find a commonality for why it works one time and then not the next 20 or 30. Believe me, I'm trying.

Regional differences could certainly make a difference. The various server addresses should be different between the US and Europe so that no one has to deal with Trans-Atlantic lag. You're in France? Likely connecting to a different server than the US is, and your server may be more responsive. More responsive server means more likely to provide a shard request in the time the game allows.

Got on for about an hour, had a full DC. Now no servers again. This is just a joke.

It is. This is the 11th day, if you include the week of the crashing launcher. Since February 8th the game has only honestly been playable one day, the 14th.

I wish I could actually talk to the dev(s) that have been assigned to this problem, so that I could provide them real-time testing, monitoring and feedback. Having customer service pop in every couple of days is not getting things fixed.

It is. This is the 11th day, if you include the week of the crashing launcher. Since February 8th the game has only honestly been playable one day, the 14th.

I wish I could actually talk to the dev(s) that have been assigned to this problem, so that I could provide them real-time testing, monitoring and feedback. Having customer service pop in every couple of days is not getting things fixed.

Exactly, I'd even let one of them remote onto my machine. I'm sure they'd find the issue in a heartbeat. It's not even customer service that drops in, it's a community manager, they know even less about tech...

Exactly, I'd even let one of them remote onto my machine. I'm sure they'd find the issue in a heartbeat. It's not even customer service that drops in, it's a community manager, they know even less about tech...

As long as they don't look at my browser history! I mean I'm a guy, and single, and live alone.... :D

Ok, while the web version remains pretty much completely broken, the Steam version seems to actually give you the server list about one in ten or so. Not sure what the difference is between the two, although it could be something like Steam proxying the list request.

Nope, not fixed as yet. I emailed support to ask about getting the missed days added to my subscription, and they replied that I should phone them

I called and they told me all they can do is freeze my account subscription and call them back once I start playing again it seems we will not be able to get the days lost due to the no servers bug glitch

unless someone did get their lost subscription days back due to the no servers bug let me know

Edited by profesorxavier

I called and they told me all they can do is freeze my account subscription and call them back once I start playing again it seems we will not be able to get the days lost due to the no servers bug glitch

unless someone did get their lost subscription days back due to the no servers bug let me know

Thanks for reporting; I didn't call them yet myself. That's... really not great. It makes little sense to contact CS until the problem is actually significant. But, once it is, apparently they can do nothing to fix what's already happened, only avoid the loss of future days. Meanwhile, we're here hoping the problem is solved as soon as possible (like, today would be nice) so that there won't be future days whose loss we need to avoid. We literally can't know if it's worth asking for help with the future days (taking the time out of our lives to talk to CS on the phone) because we don't know how long this is going to go on. Sure, the option to ask for a freeze is better than nothing, but I'd rather be able to play again as soon as the problem is fixed, rather than needing to contact them again to unfreeze us at that stage.

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

The source of the issue has been identified and a fix has been created for it. However, we will not be able to deploy it until the next game patch. As such, players who are impacted by this issue, read the below carefully.

• Please reach out to support@swtor.com
  • Add "Ryzen issue" to your subject line
  • Provide your account name
  • Confirm that you are not seeing anything on the server list
  • Confirm what hardware you are using

They will then verify the state of your account to confirm you are a player who is impacted. Compensation will be issued to you to make up for the days you have been unable to play once the fix has been deployed.

Thank you

Compensation will be issued to you to make up for the days you have been unable to play once the fix has been deployed.

Thanks Jackie, it's great that a fix has been identified. Re. compensation, that's better than what I gathered immediately prior. Is there any sense of when the next patch might be? Like, ballpark?

Edited by Estelindis

Hi everyone,

The source of the issue has been identified and a fix has been created for it. However, we will not be able to deploy it until the next game patch. As such, players who are impacted by this issue, read the below carefully.

They will then verify the state of your account to confirm you are a player who is impacted. Compensation will be issued to you to make up for the days you have been unable to play once the fix has been deployed.

Thank you

Thanks Jackie do you know when the next patch will be it would be much appreciated

Hi everyone,

Thank you

Hey Jackie quick question when you asking about hardware are you asking about the model I have for intense (ASUS ROG ZEPHYRUS G15) or or you asking for the full device/hardware specifications

Hi, it sounds pretty ominous, could you chill people out with a closer ETA for this patch. Some people are already raising pitchforks as they think you mean 7.1 in March/April.

I hadn't thought to reach for a pitchfork... then you said this. If this isn't in a hotfix... :rak_07:

unacceptable, this should be a hotfix. you broke the game twice for players before and after an expansion

Glad this is not happening to me. Sad/Mad it is happening to others. That answer saying hey WE HAVE A FIX...but yeah we can't put it out till the next patch with no mention of when the patch will be is horrible customer service.

Next patch should be ASAP if you have people that can't login to the damn game.

Hi everyone,

Thank you

By compensation they mean something like those emails that NPC send with 400 credits in it. :)

already contacted support and took 30 minutes at phone just to justify what connections are tied to trial and error to get the games working and compensation will be "defined by the studio" as i've not took my subscribe from you (sold and shipped by amazon, so an authorized reseller and not the service provider)

You've got a fix and do nothing with it for now, even if it brokes service access. While i said it on a fit of anger, now it's clear that i'll not subscribe anymore. If my money is not important enought to take care of me as a consummer, then you don't need it

My sister is having the same issue on her laptop. Seems like it might be an issue specific to Zephyrus laptops.

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/susa2s/server_list_does_not_populate_for_users_of/

Um, I actually wrote that Reddit post. :rolleyes: I wanted to make sure non-subscribers, who can't post here, could provide feedback on the issue. We've known since around the 10th that it's a Zephyrus issue.

Edited by Mckor

unacceptable, this should be a hotfix. you broke the game twice for players before and after an expansion

I agree with this. I'd also pretty much guessed this would be the answer. They'll roll it into Tuesday's patch. Which will make it:

Feb 8-13: 6 Days. Unable to play due to launcher crashing after Feb 8 patch.

Feb 14: 1 Day. Launcher patch issued, game playable.

Feb 15-21: 7 Days. Unable to play because the server list won't populate after the Feb 15 patch.

Making a grand total of 1 day playable out of 14. That's an uptime of 7%. For a paid service that's practically criminal.